Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"bbb"

Your most welcome Smile

Just replace your old (large) materials with the new ones the game have after patch. Of course you have to do reference edits on the new files.

I have no idea which PAK has those characters though, maybe Robhal knows that, I just extract whole thing and keep it safe for modding but that can be space consuming. If you need just the materials then let me know which costumes and I'll send them to you.
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"bbb"
You're welcome bro Smile

Kolin's files are inside pak58 & pak59, all files for Falke and Sakura are inside pak67 & pak68.
[+] 3 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal"
@"BrutalAce"
This community never ceases to amaze me. You guys have shown time and time again that with dedication and efficient information sharing, it's possible to overcome pretty much any obstacles to modding that might appear.
Mods are the main reason why I love SFV so much, and it's all thanks to the selfless hard work you guys do.
I just wanted to say how grateful I am for that.
[+] 3 users Like ClockUp's post

@"ClockUp"

Thank you very much my friend, modding is important part of our life. We can't see it fading away so we gotta try our best Smile

Though this really disappointed me, every time we fix a major mess and then hope it won't happen again but they do it every time. It wasn't this bad in SFxT and USF4 days.
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"robhal" Heya, Robhal. Thank you so much for your tutorial on hiding material-assigned objects using Urien’s invisible material . However, I have a question. I followed your tutorial correctly, but when selecting my character, the game seems to crash. Is it because the original material files are larger than the invisible one? I did the 'nothing' trick, but it didn't seem to work :/ I think the ones I’m trying to swap are 4KB in size when compared to the 1KB invisible material.

Edit: I know you guys are busy with this mod-breaking update, but I would sincerely appreciate a reply.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

@"BrutalAce"

Thanks Smile , sounds easy enough.

It's alright, i'll extract them from the paks robhal listed. Thanks though Smile

@"robhal"

Thanks for the pak list Smile
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"ClockUp"
Just like @"BrutalAce" said there Smile

@"Ouji"
If the game crash, it means you didn't do something correctly. The file size between original material file and hider file don't matter, but what matters the most here is the length of original material filename because if it's longer than Urien's invisible material filename, you can't use that to hide the material you want. What exactly do you want to hide (please provide its exact filename)?

@"bbb"
You're always welcome bro Smile
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal" Thanks for your rapid reply! Long story-short, I swapped Costume 1 Gief with Costume 4 Urien successfully. Since Gief can’t use the Urien costume code in-game, I wanted to “hide” CM_ZGF_E05_Cape - CM_ZGF_E06_Sandals - CM_ZGF_E08_Cloth - CM_ZGF_E09_Speedo - CM_ZGF_E10_Speedo.

Just to point this out, the CM_ZGF was initially CM_Z14, but I changed the file names and the references to Zangief's first costume, which is working fine. I just need to hide the materials above using your material swapping technique, as it is less time consuming than mesh editing.

Again, thank you for replying  Smile

Edit: I figured it out! I kept on inserting 'nothing' bytes in hex instead of decimal, which are actually different. The more you know. Thank you so much either way~

@"Ouji"
By Urien code, you mean this "LP+MK+HP", right? I recall that all costume swaps from the source that can be toggleable with code "LK+PPP+Up" all retain that function too when swapped to other characters, so I suppose if you swap Urien's C4 (Halloween costume) to Zangief, you should be able to use Urien code in there too.

Back again to your issue, those files have shorter name than Urien's invisible material file, so they should be able to be hex-edited. Please check again carefully, maybe you type something by mistake.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal” Thank you for your reply! Like I said, I managed to solve the issue. I accidentally inserted the correct number of “nothing” in Hex bytes instead of Dec within HXD. Also, I have to admit, I didn’t check whether the Urien code carried over to the Zangief swap or not, so I’ll double check. Either way, thank you and sorry if I troubled you, haha.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

So im trying to do mod for a stage and for that first i need to extract the pak files,i was able to do it without issues and i can see all the folders now, but when i start the game it starts to update the game to version 03.05, seconds later i get a error and the games closes, what im doing wrong?

[Image: wokrKEm.png]

PD: Well i fixed the issue by unpacking the update from AppData and editing the dlc manifest, just in case someone else gets this error in the future.

Apparently, when I used quickbms to extract the new .pak files, found in the SFV Steam folder, I got .unr files. What do they contain? Is there a way to open them? I read that UTK3 can open them, but that was a failed effort.

Edit: Managed to open them via HxD. To me, they serve the same purpose as ".uasset", but I dunno.

@"BrutalAce" @"robhal" Another big thanks to you guys for finding the fix!

So if I follow those directions, I should be able to update all of the broken mods I have, right?

I haven't tried anything yet. I'm just speculating, but if it's possible, I'll end up doing it.
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 2 users Like sonicprogrammer's post

@"sonicprogrammer"

Your most welcome Smile

Yes you can fix them using this method however if the affected materials have edited texture references then you have to hex edit the new material too so it will point to right texture.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce" Awesome, thanks! ^^
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 1 user Likes sonicprogrammer's post