Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

Hey, guys. Sorry for asking a million modding questions, but what's the procedure to EITHER change VFX particles and effects (from electricity to fire, etc...) OR change the colour of VFX, so from red to blue for instance?
I appreciate any response, so thank you in advance!

@Ecchi Gamer Great work! Hope to see you finish it~!

Rigging has been a pain for me too, lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

I might be close to finding solution of the issues happening to mods, I'll update you guys here.
[+] 5 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"

I know your busy with finding a solution for the problems because of the update but can please spare some time and take look at this file for a second
the last bones in the bones tab are for the bikini ribbons 
i rigged them but they won't give me the options in unreal engine to to animate them
i have already selected them in this file https://mega.nz/#!TVt3yCyJ!inIc1ZKQgkDwn...4EnUXxFk1M
have rigged them correctly or not
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

--ALL--

So the fix I just tried worked perfectly and it's about materials. They have updated their material files to work with the new camera system which zooms out when you move your character to corners and zooms in when you move them close to each other. It's like dynamically adjusting the character size on the fly based on distance between them. Most of the mods that got affected are the ones that have all files included in them and unfortunately that's the case with me and many other modders who include all files, since our files are old they are not complying with the new camera system thus we are witnessing these issues.

So adding all files in the mod is like a double edged sword, while it does help in some cases, it broke our mods in this particular case. That's why some old mods are still working fine because we were not used to include all materials back then but now we do that so most of the latest mods are affected.

It will be a difficult update for me and some others because I do a lot of experiment with materials, I bring them from different characters as per need, I edit them and do a lot of other stuff so I need to go back and revise all of them which is a huge amount of work so lets see when I will be able to do it, for now just for testing, I fixed Laura Showstopper mod and it's working fine. Unfortunately I will not be able to provide conversions with old mods so I will remove the conversion links as I'll update them, it's a huge amount of work so conversions are not my priority anymore.

For the time being I will focus on new mods which will come with conversions and fix old mods whenever I find time, please don't ask me to fix "this" mod or "that" mod, I will do it as per my convenience.

Thank you.

Special thanks to @"robhal" for working with me, he's the one who figured out that they introduced a new camera trick and although I found that it was a material related issue, he further confirmed it which made me focus on material files. Unfortunately a whole ton of full conversions will be affected too so I feel sorry for him and other modders who have done so much work. It's like we take one step ahead in modding and then sent back ten steps behind, even though it's unintentional Capcom's habit of changing core of the game is getting on my nerves.

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Sure, checking them now.
[+] 4 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Bones look fine to me, what issue you're facing in UE4 ? The bone names doesn't appear or something else ?

It would be great if you can send me your UE4 project so I'll see what's wrong.

@"BrutalAce"

to be more accurate i want them to appear as bones with bodies in unreal engine so that i can edit them
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

@"Ecchi Gamer"

In physics asset editor you have to right click on their name and select "New Body" then you will be able to edit them.

@"BrutalAce"

THANKS MAN its working now
almost half of the bones that i rigged didn't show the bodies all the time

@"BrutalAce" 

one more thing i am having issue with doa characters hairstyles
the uv map for some meshes seems messed up 
i do rename them to UVChannel_1 before combining meshes
some parts of hair seems very long in uv map then the textures
or is either inverted and you can't even tell which one is inverted

@"Ecchi Gamer"

No problem Smile

They won't show the body automatically except some major bones in hierarchy like b_C_Pelvis, b_C_Head etc so you have to create the body yourself and then you can work on them. Btw you don't have to use such complex bone names like b_C_Whatever. You can just make it L_Ribbon1, L_Ribbon2 and so on. If you put L and R in the beginning of name then you can also use symmetry feature to copy one side of bones to other side, Blender will automatically create a copy on other side.

EDIT:

I haven't seen messed up hair textures in DOA models, is this Misaki model also have this problem ? I'll check your Blender file and let you know.
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
Thanks alot for confirming it further that the issue is caused by the new material files, but bro I also want to add something valuable info about it. After yesterday finished extracting the pak files (except pak53 which only contains the character story mode pics and stuff), I began comparing all files from latest patch with previous patch, and it turns out that the material files that got changed are only those with size 5MB or 10MB (the tiny material files which are just KB in size are not changed and affected). That's why in my test, all Juri mods that based on her C1/C2/C3 (such as your Juri Legacy or Alt Legacy) work just fine (swap that based on those Juri C1/C2/C3 mods also work fine as well, for example) because they don't use the 5MB or 10MB material files.

So for all modders, just check the size of the material files included in your mods and you only need to update the one with size 5MB or 10MB (just ignore the tiny size files).

PS: Bro, do we need to create a new thread matter, so that the info doesn't get buried later?
[+] 4 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal"

Thanks for adding that info bro, I had my doubt on those small files because their size was not changed at all but I still updated them in Showstopper just to be careful but with your proper comparison, doing updates will be easier. Unfortunately those big material files are advanced and very good, Capcom now include them in most of the new characters like Menat and Sakura, for example Menat C3 metal material is the best metal shader I have seen so far and I use it here and there so all such mods will need updates but with your info it will be just 1 or 2 files instead of 7 - 8 now.

About new thread, I think it's a good idea bro. This is useful information so having a new thread will be useful or we can make these posts sticky in my first post like be did back on old forum. We can name it post cody patch info 1, 2, 3 and so on. Whatever you think is best bro Smile
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
Bro, I put the related posts as sticky in the first post.

Thanks very much for all the work and tremendous effort you guys put into this as soon as possible either, it's very much - and assured - appreciated. Thanks guys, you rock! - any Cody reference is just coincidence, I swear.

Take all the time you guys need to work of future and past updates mods, we couldn't ask for more after such speed and determination, once again, thank you.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"robhal"
@"BrutalAce"

So the good news is it's fixable, the bad news is Materials need to get redone if you made edits to them.

Props to both of you guys for finding a fix so quickly.
[+] 3 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

@"robhal" and @"BrutalAce"

Thanks for finding the fix Smile I looked through my modded materials and seems only my falke, sakura and kolin mods have 5mb materials. So I just need to extract the new versions of these materials and re-mod them correct?

@all

anyone know which pak files contain falke, sakura and kolin?
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post