Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

(08-30-2017, 03:01 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Trife88"
Read here for installing mods
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=54

Maybe I did the process backwards or I should not try the above process when my game is not unpacked.  Right now I'm going back to the basics and unpacking the game again with the bat file.  Last time I did this I ran into a "duplicate file" issue I'll take a screenshot if it pops up again.  If it does I'll just go back to the week 1 way of unpacking.  

Thanks for that link.  I was looking at 3 different forums making sure I was doing the process right.  I have this place bookmarked now.

Edit: And boom there's the issue. I don't have the patience to potentially rename all of these files. I don't understand why there's duplicates.
Show ContentSpoiler:

Extracting each pack 1 by 1 it is!

The amount of changeable colors on Menat is incredible:

Show ContentSpoiler:

I'm going to be working on her costumes for awhile. @"KrizmKazm", get that oiled skin and those new subtle textures going. I'm having too much fun with this one.
[+] 1 user Likes The Coin Op. Kid's post

@"Trife88"
I check all my extracted files that I keep in their respective pak folder (like pak0, pak1-Nash, pak2-MBison, etc) and I don't see any duplicate for "CAM_ZGF_SPA_BORSHCHDYNAMITE_L.uasset" except the only file in Zangief's pak file (pak9). If you have trouble with the extract-all bat file, you can always extract them one by one (I usually do this for every updates).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Someone know what is the extra stuff of Menat? the texture for golden skin and the cat ears?  the command list dont include any transformation
[Image: PUxFkLI.png]
[Image: vshNrNH.jpg]

Rainbow 
Nevermind. I think I resolved my issue. Now I will see if I can swap costumes.
Edit: Yeah Swapping Menat's 03 to 01 with GREP froze the game at the character select screen. I swear Capcom tries to sabotage modders with each new update. This is the same problem I had before.

I guess I can wait for Robhal's Costume Swap release and just edit the original 03 files accordingly.

@"robhal" THANK YOU!! TT______TT
[+] 1 user Likes Cybuster's post

(08-30-2017, 05:44 AM)THEJAMK Wrote: Someone know what is the extra stuff of Menat? the texture for golden skin and the cat ears?  the command list dont include any transformation

I was curious about that too.  Some stuff in the files made it seem like her skin would change during VTrigger, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  The darkened area around her face on that file looks like it has to do with controlling her eye makeup changing, but not sure the point of this file as a whole.

update: i got the U4Pak.exe from a friend, now i'm trying to figure it out how to do the swap since the Menat pak i located in the appdata folder

For a little more information this is the method i'm using:
1) open cammyswimsuit mod with quickBMS
2) change CMY to Z23 on all files using HexEditor Neo
3)Pack it again using U4Pak

The last swap i did was Cammy to Kolin and it worked fine but i lost my U4Pak.exe from last time and now MEGA.nz won't let me download it =(

Alright, I give up. How are you guys swapping the new outfits. At this point I believe everyone bought the outfits (which is understandable) or it's some secret Cute Waifu Club Mafia stuff going on.

@"robhal" Have you had time to work on the next version of the Model Swap Pack? This stuff is a hassle at least for me right now!

I was using milkshape 3D to extract the Menat mesh from the PSK file and for some reason the bones were upside down and it was missing some parts of the mesh. Is there an alternate way besides using 3DS max to export the model from PSK to FBX?

@"Conuseur"
@"Trife88"
Menat's costumes are as easy to swap as like the other chars' base costumes (C1-C3) because she follows the standard convention for her folder and filename code (all are Z23). The little extra time is needed for the SF 30th DLC costumes because like the most recent released DLC costumes they use the non-standard convention for her folder and filename code (like GUL with Z11, etc). So if you try to make your own swap, make sure to check the folder and filename code for the wanted costume. You can't just use the function "replace all" on hex-editor or using the automated tool like PowerGREP, I am not discouraging you both but imo best is using the manual hex-editing operation as you can see which one can be replaced or which one can't be.

Anyway @"Trife88" again, if you are looking for my mini swap mod pack with Menat included, it's done
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...d=40#pid40
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"Trife88"
I'm not sure about the full mini swap process but the quick and dirty way I figured out was:
1.) Find Costume.uasset file of the costume you want to swap with 01. (Let's use Menat costume 3 as an example, you're looking for DA_Z23_Costume_03.uasset). 
2.) Copy/paste to the dataasset folder of Costume 01.
3.) Open Costume_03.uasset in a hex editing program, replace all instances of Costume_03 with Costume_01
4.) Save, exit your hex editor. rename Blahblah_Costume_03.uasset to Blahblah_Costume_01.uasset. (obviously rename your original Costume_01. as backup or something in case you messed up).
5.) Done.

There are obviously some fancy costumes/mods where that doesn't work and you'll need to do multiple files or a full swap but I believe that's the easiest way if you just want to swap the costumes and literally do nothing else (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Tested with Menat, works but it doesn't show up at Char Select (which is weird, works for the other characters I tried). 
Show ContentSpoiler:

@"Cybuster"

I will try to post Menat costumes (C1, C2 and C3) tomorrow. I don't promise updating the FBX pack right now because I repeatedly fail in doing that due to my schedule and the fact that it's boring above level 9000 to keep extracting stuff but I think I can post Menat files so yeah I'll do that tomorrow.
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post

(08-31-2017, 03:56 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Conuseur"
@"Trife88"
Menat's costumes are as easy to swap as like the other chars' base costumes (C1-C3) because she follows the standard convention for her folder and filename code (all are Z23). The little extra time is needed for the SF 30th DLC costumes because like the most recent released DLC costumes they use the non-standard convention for her folder and filename code (like GUL with Z11, etc). So if you try to make your own swap, make sure to check the folder and filename code for the wanted costume. You can't just use the function "replace all" on hex-editor or using the automated tool like PowerGREP, I am not discouraging you both but imo best is using the manual hex-editing operation as you can see which one can be replaced or which one can't be.

Anyway @"Trife88" again, if you are looking for my mini swap mod pack with Menat included, it's done
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...d=40#pid40

Thanks Senpai, from the beginning I realized it was my own fault but I had to release salt somehow.  I'll give it another go later on today just so I can level up, meanwhile I'll use ya quick swap packs.  Thanks again!
[+] 1 user Likes Trife88's post

@"THEJAMK" 

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that too! Seems like Capcom may have some cool costume code stuff in the works for Menat; very sneaky! What's really interesting is that you can see the silhouette of that crown in the Season 2 DLC previews, so maybe it was going to be a standard part of the costume? 

Show ContentSeason 2 Preview:

It looks really good on her; kinda' wondering why they haven't given any details on it yet? Either way, I'll be putting together a pack that includes some variations of the optional parts.

[Image: crown_preview_by_tanooki128-dblx9ny.png]
[+] 5 users Like TaNooki's post