Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

How do I edit a costume to have oily skin? @"BrutalAce" seems to get that effect by editing the SRMA_01 file in the Texture folder, how can I recreate that effect? What programs do I need for that?

(01-28-2021, 05:51 AM)Eugene Wrote: How do I edit a costume to have oily skin? @"BrutalAce" seems to get that effect by editing the SRMA_01 file in the Texture folder, how can I recreate that effect? What programs do I need for that?

You have a complete tutorial about textures (and, of course, SRMA texture) here: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=274 Scroll down to find the explanation about the SRMA Wink
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

Do you know who has the updated sfvcoloredit source code or made the update  @"robhal" ??
i only founded the original version https://github.com/anoncode/coloredit without any source

@"Chem-pro"
I search the old forum again to recall who make the tool, and here is the result.

The original ColorEdit tool was made by "kdash99" (the same person who made that github post)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mod...tml#p35918

Then another person with username "solmvkr" made the updated ColorEdit tool than can work with the file having 15 colors (in this post here he said that he made the updated tool by "decompiled the original coloredit, changed some of the forms and file read logic then recompiled it")
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mod...tml#p45014

(01-30-2021, 11:13 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Chem-pro"
I search the old forum again to recall who make the tool, and here is the result.

The original ColorEdit tool was made by "kdash99" (the same person who made that github post)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mod...tml#p35918

Then another person with username "solmvkr" made the updated ColorEdit tool than can work with the file having 15 colors (in this post here  he said that he made the updated tool by "decompiled the original coloredit, changed some of the forms and file read logic then recompiled it")
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mod...tml#p45014

thanks!
[+] 1 user Likes Chem-pro's post

Hey guys, hope you are good, I'm a new modding user of Street Fighter v and i'm having 1 problem, i'm trying to use multiple mods but no matter what i do, all the mods stop working and only the last installed mod works.
Is there a way to achieve that or i can just use one mod at a time?
I installed 1 mod per character (6) so far and my head is exploding trying to find a solution to be a ble to play with all of those mods at the same time.

- Thanks in advance!

@"Hauress"
What exactly those mods you are trying to use at the same time? If those six mods are conflicting each others, then of course only the last installed mod will work.
One more question, what method do you use to install mods? The ~mods folder or using mod manager tools (either PMM/FMM)?

(02-14-2021, 04:08 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Hauress"
What exactly those mods you are trying to use at the same time? If those six mods are conflicting each others, then of course only the last installed mod will work.
One more question, what method do you use to install mods? The ~mods folder or using mod manager tools (either PMM/FMM)?

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! 

I started using the Fluffyquack mod manager as i have more Capcom games installed and i use the same mod manager. Today i eliminated that mod manager and started using the ~Mods folder method and all the mods started working with the exception of 2.

The Lifeguard Lucia
https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-851446546

Lifeguard Cammy
https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-855252855

The other mods are skin raplacements for other characters and they are working great; The Lifeguard Lucia works if i install just that mod without the Lifeguard Cammy and viceversa.

@"Hauress"
I see, so you are trying to install the pak mods with using FMM. That's actually a big mistake, you shouldn't do so. FMM is designed to install the mod that come with "loose files", many mods (for example: the Lifeguard Lucia & Cammy mods) only come with pak files, so to get access to the "loose files", you have to do additional steps like what I described in the thread below
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=432

Anyway, back again to your new issue as now you are using the ~mods folder method, while yes indeed it's the most convenient way to install mods, but it also has its flaw. That is what I call the "load order issue" and the symptom is exactly what you described. Sometimes the issue can be fixed by these following ways:
1. rename the mod filename by adding the "a" letter in front of its filename.
2. Adding or removing more mods into your ~mods folder.

But keep this in mind, all those fixes above are not 100% guaranteed. The only way you can guarantee all the installed mods working is by using the mod manager tool (either PMM or FMM).

what would one need to do to update an older mod that doesn't work anymore?
the bowsette r. mika over abigail by terryxx and by extension the chubby, nude variant put together by coldsteelj both seem to crash my game. but i'd really like to use them. could someone help me figure out how to update the paks to get them working again?
edit: okay so the original by terryxx doesn't crash my game. but the hair is all grey instead of golden like it's supposed to be so it does seem to still need a similar updating treatment.

(02-14-2021, 10:05 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Hauress"
I see, so you are trying to install the pak mods with using FMM. That's actually a big mistake, you shouldn't do so. FMM is designed to install the mod that come with "loose files", many mods (for example: the Lifeguard Lucia & Cammy mods) only come with pak files, so to get access to the "loose files", you have to do additional steps like what I described in the thread below
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=432

Anyway, back again to your new issue as now you are using the ~mods folder method, while yes indeed it's the most convenient way to install mods, but it also has its flaw. That is what I call the "load order issue" and the symptom is exactly what you described. Sometimes the issue can be fixed by these following ways:
1. rename the mod filename by adding the "a" letter in front of its filename.
2. Adding or removing more mods into your ~mods folder.

But keep this in mind, all those fixes above are not 100% guaranteed. The only way you can guarantee all the installed mods working is by using the mod manager tool (either PMM or FMM).

Thanks for the advice!

I tried the renaming the mod pak file method but it did not work, i will try with Pak Mod Manager and if does not work will do the process to access the loose files you linked before.

(Edit) I tried the PMM and it did the trick, all the mods are working!  
Thanks for all the help
[+] 1 user Likes Hauress's post

Hello good day. I've never done a F.A.N.G. mod. I'm trying to make one. and I have several extra bones that work well, but the physics of the sleeves are complicated for me. they always end up doing strange things or the hands always go through them. Could any of you tell me the appropriate values and with which other bones should they collide? or some way to get the values from the original uasset?
[Image: vshNrNH.jpg]

@"THEJAMK"
I gonna tag @"Remy2FANG" as imo he is the best modder atm if you want to ask anything about FANG mods.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@THEJAMK

In my opinion, it's probably better just to use the original existing PhysicsAsset for F.A.N.G as they cause the least amount of problems.

But I've actually done some tinkering and found some parameters that may look as close to the original.  I'm still pretty amateur when it comes to the whole physics stuff, so it's not perfect...but it's pretty close.  Here's what I did for FANG Sleeve Physics Collision in UE4 :

Show ContentF.A.N.G Sleeve Physics UE4 Parameters and Examples:

There are other problems that you'll face when modding F.A.N.G's PhysicsAsset.  When activating his V-Trigger 2, most of the time his sleeves will not roll up and will look stiff and static.  And then after his V-Trigger 2 gauge is depleted, his physics might loosen up and lose it's parameters, or go nuts and bounce around to the point of being unplayable, or things will go back to normal if you're lucky.  I know for sure that his V-Trigger 2 deactivates and reactivates his PhysicsAsset, but unfortunately I don't know how to control that part.  I think that's a question for @"Killbox"

But that being said, I still think it's more convenient to use the existing original PhysicsAsset.

I hope that helps.

And if you are making a girl version of FANG, I'm looking forward to that!!  You make awesome mods  Big Grin Big Grin

UPDATE 03-08-2021 -- I figured out how to stabilize FANG's physics at the end of V-Trigger 2.  All I had to do is delete his Armature physics envelope in Unreal Engine 4 (it's right next to his b_C_Base envelope).  Alternatively, I could also invalidate Armature by hex editing his PhysicsAsset, turning Armature to Xrmature.  That way, he won't go nuts and bounce around after VT2.  He'll just stay completely normal!!

Also, THEJAMK's idea of renaming the sleeves bones is great as well!!

(02-19-2021, 01:38 AM)Remy2FANG Wrote: @THEJAMK

In my opinion, it's probably better just to use the original existing PhysicsAsset for F.A.N.G as they cause the least amount of problems.

But I've actually done some tinkering and found some parameters that may look as close to the original.  I'm still pretty amateur when it comes to the whole physics stuff, so it's not perfect...but it's pretty close.  Here's what I did for FANG Sleeve Physics Collision in UE4 :

Show ContentF.A.N.G Sleeve Physics UE4 Parameters and Examples:

There are other problems that you'll face when modding F.A.N.G's PhysicsAsset.  When activating his V-Trigger 2, most of the time his sleeves will not roll up and will look stiff and static.  And then after his V-Trigger 2 gauge is depleted, his physics might loosen up and lose it's parameters, or go nuts and bounce around to the point of being unplayable, or things will go back to normal if you're lucky.  I know for sure that his V-Trigger 2 deactivates and reactivates his PhysicsAsset, but unfortunately I don't know how to control that part.  I think that's a question for @"Killbox"

But that being said, I still think it's more convenient to use the existing original PhysicsAsset.

I hope that helps.

And if you are making a girl version of FANG, I'm looking forward to that!!  You make awesome mods  Big Grin Big Grin
Thanx, I almost got a good animation, I keep adjusting things. For the broken animation problem after V. Trigger 2 the most I could do is rename all the sleeve bones. just remove the bp before each name so as not to scramble me so much. so the animation remains normal. the sleeves don't roll up but don't lose their animation either.
[Image: vshNrNH.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes THEJAMK's post