Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"sleepy_scrub"

Oh trust me, I hate physics, I avoid it when possible. I am only doing it because I have to since its new hair I made. if you noticed that torn dougi on Laura, I only made it torn to avoid animating it Tongue

anyways, I tried animating all 4 tails separately, and that seems to work. so it was just the twist direction that was causing it.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(09-10-2020, 03:45 AM)Leonaura Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:49 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Leonaura"

it's a reference to Uriens SF3 intro

[Image: urien-intro.gif]

haven't tried animation swapping so I am not sure.

only a few costumes use that preview mesh files because i think with out it, those costumes would have something weird looking in the select screen, so a separate mesh was made to hide the issue

Yes, the ones I mentioned. All the characters have that Preview_Costume (and, since maybe those meshes were made to hide something, those could be useful for us), but those six characters have another mesh. This should work (I remember do this with Chun-Li), but, for any reason, it doesn't work on Juri (i'm working with her).

I tried to swap just the preview file to Alex, and it worked. That costume displays Juri with my mod. So... maybe this is only related to that specific folder (same with the other characters), and not the character. That information has to be encoded somewhere (like the Nadeshiko and Mika thing Sad That still bothers me).

(09-10-2020, 02:50 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Leonaura" 
And now you know that unique intro Wink

About swapping animation files, not sure for that, but recently I saw this twitter post from @"Killbox" that he can swap VFx and give it a different index ID, so maybe the way can also work for attempting to swap that Urien's unique intro animation file to someone?
https://twitter.com/Killbawx/status/1301033287750647808

And about the DataAsset preview file that has reference to the separate preview only mesh file and how we can use such thing to attempt fixing some clipping issue (like Ken's hair), well I certainly want that too especially for Ken, but unfortunately we have another issue to deal with. In some costumes (eg. Ken's C1) they don't even have the DataAsset preview file thus the game will always use the regular "DA_XXX_Costume_YY" file to display the 3D model in char select screen.

He's the expert on the SFV's animation, so he'll probably can provide us some help Angel

But, about Ken, that's a problem. The GameEngine read the DA_XXX_Costume_XX, the DA_XXX_CostumeColorPreview_XX and the DA_XX_PreviewCostume_XX.
Maybe it works if we take the DA_XXX_Costume_XX from any of those characters (Alex, Sakura, Rashid...) and move it to Ken's DataAsset... I don't know, I'm tired to think for now (too many hours and it's too late for me) xD

Hope we'll find something about this.

Thank you both by the way!

There is already a hand full of problems with this form what i know, The Urien 2nd intro is Hardcoded to Urien's character slot and if we were able to give this to other characters it will require having to update the movesets every single time theres a bugfix or balance patch for the character and ontop of that idk if movetool keeps the character movesets exactly the same cause for some characters it just completely breaks some things
[+] 2 users Like Killbox's post

@"bbb"

I was looking at your new Laura mod, with the easter eggs and all of that (nice mod, by the way!), and I think about something.

Do you think it would be possible to create mods with the effect that Vega has on his mask (and claws)? That effect in which the mask "breaks" and goes flying through the air. 
Maybe we can use his BrokenClaw and BrokenMask materials. I don't know if someone already did this before or if that is even possible Blush
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

@"Leonaura"

Thanks Smile

I am not sure, I have not tried that before. it might be the same as urien, so might not work on other characters. Juri also has the eyepatch material, haven't tested that either. would be cool if it can, to have battle damaged costumes.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

This will be a simple guide, so I don't know if it warrants its own thread or not, but here is a guide to making 2 different costumes in one slot.

the trick to this is to use Cammy's Fiona (C12) data asset files. That is the only costume in the game I'm aware of to have a totally different costume in the code version.

it has a total of 51 materials

10 which are for both, 14 for the default, and 27 for the code version. that should be more then enough to accomplish what you need.

I mapped out the material order (counting in hex, which is important later) of what material is for what

X = BOTH
A = DEFAULT
B = CODE

00 = X
01 = X
02 = X
03 = X
04 = X
05 = B
06 = X
07 = A
08 = B
09 = A
0A = A
0B = A
0C = A
0D = B
0E = B
0F = B
10 = B
11 = B
12 = B
13 = B
14 = B
15 = B
16 = B
17 = B
18 = B
19 = B
1A = A
1B = B
1C = B
1D = B
1E = B
1F = B
20 = B
21 = B
22 = B
23 = A
24 = B
25 = A
26 = A
27 = X
28 = B
29 = A
2A = B
2B = B
2C = X
2D = X
2E = A
2F = A
30 = X
31 = A
32 = A

when you merge the 2 mods skeletons and meshes, the order of the material needs to be rearranged in that order. if you need to skip one of those materials, you will still need to have a material assigned to some geometry in that slot. (i just made a material called blank and assign one face behind the eyeball that no one can see)

after rearranging the order of materials, now your colours should be fucked, along with missing colour slots for the other costume.

to fix this, you can either add colour slots to your existing using @"Killbox" 's guide

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=1471

or you can copy and paste the hex values of the colours into cammy c12 customize setting files (or colour tool) since it has many slots already

but if you want 15 colors, or EX colours, find an existing customize setting file with the colour slots you need that has 15 colors, or EX colours

once you have your customize setting file, you will need to connect them to the materials properly (@"Killbox" should be interested in this)

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

after all the colours in hex, there should be usually an H or a Πor some kind of other symbol. use that symbol as a guide. move 4 hex spaces to the left of that symbol, then down 3 hex spaces and that number (in red) represents the material. using the list I listed before, type the hex number of the material to connect that colour to that material.

now from that number, move 4 hex spaces to the left, and 2 hex spaces down and that number (in red) represents what colour of the mask texture to use.

i have yet to find some consistency in these hex vales, some use

07, 08, 09
09, 0A, 0B
0A, 0B, 0C

so just look at what 3 the customization setting file you are editing uses and use that.

that should be it, but you need to make sure the cammy C12 data asset files are converted correctly to the slot you are using with the magic numbers and what not

also information that would interest @"robhal" , I figured out how to swap the 10+ costume and costume preview files without the need to "borrow". it seems those 2 files have "bonus magic numbers"

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

in Cammy c12 costume file for example, that blue highlighted 0D is her magic number, but all the red 0D is her bonus magic numbers. so for her costume and costume preview files, all the 0D's that are AFTER the English text on the right, not the ones before, all the ones after the English text have to be replaced with the new "magic numbers". maybe not all of them are magic numbers, but I haven't seen an issue renaming all of those.
[+] 4 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"
For now, I will just comment about "how to swap the 10+ costume and costume preview files without the need to "borrow"" part. I actually had my own suspicion that beside the usual magic number we used to change which is for the actual file itself (for example: if we look at the PreviewCostume file, then the usual magic number is for the PreviewCostume entry), the other entries (like "MaterialPreset, mesh file, etc) should also have their own magic numbers as well, but unfortunately I am just too afraid to find and change them like what you do now. Anyway, it's such a good info for costume slot swapping task because we can now opt to use the original DataAsset files if we want. Thanks bro Smile
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

I’ve decided I want to make mods, where do I start and what do I download?

(10-04-2020, 04:18 AM)wadewatts34 Wrote: I’ve decided I want to make mods, where do I start and what do I download?

First, take a look at this tutorials:

Sleepy_Scrub's TLDR Modding Tutorial Thread [Sleepy_Scrub]: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...0#pid11370
XNALara to StreetFighterV Modding Tutorial [EcchiGamer]: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=356
Blender, 3DS Max, NDO/DDO, & UE4 Tips/Workflows [UncleFestor]: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=97

Those three should be your starting point ?

If you have any questions that are not answered in those tutorials, create a thread in the Modding Questions and Discussions subsection, explaining all the details.

thank you very much

So I went into blender and decided to see if I could do anything with Menat, well when I went into edit mode I removed that bandages and like her arms wrists and chest and bits of her legs were gone. How do I get like the full body to edit or is it even possible to view/edit the body of the character youre trying to mod?

(10-05-2020, 12:05 AM)wadewatts34 Wrote: So I went into blender and decided to see if I could do anything with Menat, well when I went into edit mode I removed that bandages and like her arms wrists and chest and bits of her legs were gone. How do I get like the full body to edit or is it even possible to view/edit the body of the character youre trying to mod?

Remember to create a thread here (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4) to organize your questions.

Most of the costumes doesn't need a complete body under the clothes, that's the reason you won't see skin under certains garments. You won't see a full ''nude'' body in the game's default files (Poison and Lucia are the exception. Both have a full body, in their default folder, but without textures). You could try to use another costume to see a partially vanilla body (in Menat's case, you can use her swimsuit costume).
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

thank you

so if I wanted to add a goku shirt , pants, belt, and shoes, I'd have to make them from scratch?

(10-05-2020, 12:05 AM)wadewatts34 Wrote: So I went into blender and decided to see if I could do anything with Menat, well when I went into edit mode I removed that bandages and like her arms wrists and chest and bits of her legs were gone. How do I get like the full body to edit or is it even possible to view/edit the body of the character youre trying to mod?
@"wadewatts34"
Most costumes don't actually have the body underneath clothing.  See if the character you're trying to edit has a nude mod and use that as a base.

(10-06-2020, 03:32 AM)wadewatts34 Wrote:
so if I wanted to add a goku shirt , pants, belt, and shoes, I'd have to make them from scratch?

Check deviantart and look for an Xnalara model to download, you can download the model and then use blender to bring it in once you add the xnalara plugin. 
(Don't think the cell shading would look great in SFV.... maybe look up Goku's model from Jump Force).

thank you very mush, also after I finish using blender and finish sculpting the FBX model how do I get it back into the game?

Xnalara plug in?