Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

(11-17-2019, 07:38 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 09:04 PM)Eugene Wrote: I've tried to apply weight paint on this costume through Blender, but ever since than the mesh file has lost the material references on it, can you help me with it?

....Weight painting? I think you're asking about assigning textures....? 
If that's what you're asking about, click on the material you want to assign to in the properties window and then click on the textures tab (the box with the checkerboard) And scroll down until you see the Image tab and you can manually pick an image from there using the file browser.

I guess that's what I'm asking about? 
The point is my Z10_11.uasset file has no material references in it once exported from Blender, this file is what my Z10_11.uasset should normally looks like, it's the exact same file, only from slot 14.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6egakkjdh...asset/file

@"Eugene"

You may be misusing some terminology here? 
I don't have enough info so I'm just getting more confused about what you're asking.
Let's start over.

For us to help can you please detail:
1.)What EXACTLY are you trying to do (what is the end goal for your mod)
2.)What is your plan to do that and what have you done so far
3.) What the two files you uploaded are supposed to be, specifically
4.) What the problem is you're having. 

Let's try that.

@"sleepy_scrub"

1. My goal is to apply breast physics onto the Alpha Cammy mod by MrTheBull
2. I've used Blender to apply weight paint on it, and export the finished fbx following this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGpYmvsGJQ&t=2047s
3. One the mod I'm working on, the other the Blender project where I work with the fbx file.
4. The game crashed after I applied the Z10_11.uasset file into my mod.

@"Eugene"
MUCH better. 
So you were talking about weight painting, I see now.

Ok, so physics are not my forte but some thoughts:

1.) While changing the weights might help what's really going to impact jiggle physics the most is making a custom physics asset file, which you can do out of Unreal Engine. @"BrutalAce" has a tutorial for that here .

2.) You also could try swapping a physics file from another mod onto this one using a hex editor (I am too lazy to deal with physics so I do this often), which works once you change the filepath within hex to match your current mesh. You can even swap assets between characters as long as no bones are missing (and there are workarounds for that, but I would stick to other Cammy mods as that will be much easier for what you want).
Sometimes you also have to rename the physics asset reference in the Costume file as well to get it to work (difficult to explain, I should do a tutorial). If there's a cammy mod that exists with the jiggle you want, I would probably go that route. I could help with that if necessary. 

3.) If it's crashing your game flat out as soon as you select Cammy you've probably set something up wrong within Unreal Engine before you cooked the file into a UASSET. 
Here is the Unreal Engine checklist of common fuckups:

Did you:
Make sure you're using Unreal Engine 4.7 and NOT another version?
Did you make sure the material references on your mesh are material INSTANCES and not materials?
Did you make sure you copied the files from the Saved->Cooked -> folder within the Unreal project and NOT just out of the mesh folder?
Did you make sure NOT to copy material instances from your Unreal Project to SF5?

Failure to do any of those things will insta-crash your game at character select. So those are things I would look at to stop your game from crashing. If those things don't help, upload your Unreal project and I can look at that.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

(11-17-2019, 01:03 PM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Eugene"
MUCH better. 
So you were talking about weight painting, I see now.

Ok, so physics are not my forte but some thoughts:

1.) While changing the weights might help what's really going to impact jiggle physics the most is making a custom physics asset file, which you can do out of Unreal Engine. @"BrutalAce" has a tutorial for that here .

2.) You also could try swapping a physics file from another mod onto this one using a hex editor (I am too lazy to deal with physics so I do this often), which works once you change the filepath within hex to match your current mesh. You can even swap assets between characters as long as no bones are missing (and there are workarounds for that, but I would stick to other Cammy mods as that will be much easier for what you want).
Sometimes you also have to rename the physics asset reference in the Costume file as well to get it to work (difficult to explain, I should do a tutorial). If there's a cammy mod that exists with the jiggle you want, I would probably go that route. I could help with that if necessary. 

3.) If it's crashing your game flat out as soon as you select Cammy you've probably set something up wrong within Unreal Engine before you cooked the file into a UASSET. 
Here is the Unreal Engine checklist of common fuckups:

Did you:
Make sure you're using Unreal Engine 4.7 and NOT another version?
Did you make sure the material references on your mesh are material INSTANCES and not materials?
Did you make sure you copied the files from the Saved->Cooked -> folder within the Unreal project and NOT just out of the mesh folder?
Did you make sure NOT to copy material instances from your Unreal Project to SF5?

Failure to do any of those things will insta-crash your game at character select. So those are things I would look at to stop your game from crashing. If those things don't help, upload your Unreal project and I can look at that.

Thanks m8, I figured it out, it's the material, since my UE4 takes FOREVER to cook the materials on my computer somehow, I just deleted all the materials or tick off the box that ask me if I want to keep the materials when importing the files. Now the problem is, why is it so god damn slow to process materials in my UE4? It was faster a several month ago, why is it so slow now?

Edit: The problem with breast physics and this mod isn't the physics file, but the mesh file, because there is no weight paint on her breast in the mesh files, thus the breast won't jiggle, even with the right physics applied. So the real problem I'm asking is, how do I apply weight paint on a mesh, and use this mesh in my game?

Does anyone else have an issue extracting Poison's Lady costume (C4) ?

I get this exploded piece of shit when I extract it.

[Image: bfuWBeQ.jpg]

only happened with that costume so far. And it seems to extract it as a pskx instead of psk for some reason.

(11-17-2019, 04:01 PM)Eugene Wrote: Edit: The problem with breast physics and this mod isn't the physics file, but the mesh file, because there is no weight paint on her breast in the mesh files, thus the breast won't jiggle, even with the right physics applied. So the real problem I'm asking is, how do I apply weight paint on a mesh, and use this mesh in my game?

@"Eugene"

Mmmm.... if there were NO weights the breasts would glitch out and hang in the middle of the screen or something. 
What's probably happening is that the names of the breast bones don't match the names of the breast bones in the physic asset file.
When that happens the game defaults those bones to Kinematic (static, I.E no movement).
Which physics asset are you trying to apply here?

(11-18-2019, 03:06 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Eugene"

Mmmm.... if there were NO weights the breasts would glitch out and hang in the middle of the screen or something. 
What's probably happening is that the names of the breast bones don't match the names of the breast bones in the physic asset file.
When that happens the game defaults those bones to Kinematic (static, I.E no movement).
Which physics asset are you trying to apply here?

The breasts isn't entirely weightless, but the weight paint in the mesh isn't on the breast area itself, thus the breasts in game are static. 
The bone names however, do match the names of the breast bones, you can see it in this file.

[]
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6q8dyw0vg...y.rar/file [/]

(11-18-2019, 02:28 AM)bbb Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue extracting Poison's Lady costume (C4) ?
@"bbb"
(Checks)
No issues on my end doing the usual method (Export from Umodel, 3DSMax ActorX plugin, export as FBX, bounce to blender).

[Image: posion-lady-test.jpg]
Do you need an FBX?
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"

I've been importing it to blender 2.8 directly because I don't have 3dsmax which has been working okay for me till this costume. I guess blender 2.8 didn't like that psk for some reason.

Yeah, If you could upload that fbx for me, thanks Smile

@"Eugene"
Ahhh. I've had to reverse engineer some things but I'm starting to get the picture.

Let me ask again, WHICH mod are you trying to get jiggle physics from.
Need to know to run tests.

@"bbb"
Here you go:
https://we.tl/t-rf8wJjkG4x
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"

Thanks Smile

(11-18-2019, 05:38 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Eugene"
Ahhh. I've had to reverse engineer some things but I'm starting to get the picture.

Let me ask again, WHICH mod are you trying to get jiggle physics from.
Need to know to run tests.

Alpha Cammy by MrTheBull, but moved to slot 11(the dolls) such as the file in my last link.

@"Eugene"

Lol, forget it. Perhaps I'm overthinking this by trying to setup the whole mod for you. 
Let's just answer the question on a basic level then.

Traditionally the way to transfer weights without a lot of trial and error is to import another Cammy that has correct weights on the breasts, scale that model so that they overlap as closely as possible and then use the "transfer weights" function in weight mode.

(Pulled from an old tutorial from Segadorelinks, found  here: )
[Image: gu7lF.jpg]

The tool will appear when you enter in Weight Paint mode (A).
It has 3 options (D):
-Group: Selects which weights will be transferred.
*All: Will transfer all weights.
*Active: Will transfer only the active (selected) bone group weights (F).

For a full transfer of Weights I recommend to select “All”, “Nearest vertex” and “All” respectively.

This will work but you should separate the chest from the rest of the mesh before you transfer or it will mess up other parts of the mesh. Transfer the weights, to just the chest, then rejoin both pieces of the mesh.

Alternatively you can do the same thing in terms of importing another Cammy to copy weights from, but then use the VertexWeightMix modifer to copy weights from A to B (I would apply this to both breasts and the chest weight as well).  
Here's the blender manual blerb on that here.
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"
Thx for the instructions bro, but now I don't have my computer with me, I'll try it out once I got the chance.