Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

So last week I posted about some of Menat's hidden costume parts (cat headband etc.) and at the time I wasn't exactly sure what those were going to be used for. I thought it might just be a costume code thing. However, after looking at the naming of Menat's material and texture files, this may be a huge hint at a new V-Trigger for her in the future! This second V-Trigger seems to be a transformation that turns Menat's skin to gold:

Show ContentMenat's 2nd V-Trigger:

I've been able to apply some of the textures in-game, but I get the feeling there are some visual effects missing. The gold skin still looks great on it's own, so I'll have a release ready for you guys soon. ^_^
[+] 2 users Like TaNooki's post

@"TaNooki"
Nice finding bro Smile Can't wait to see what exactly that gold skin V-trigger do.

Also in C2, there are some material files related to V-trigger too like "CM_Z23_02_E14_Headband_V_Trigger" and "CM_Z23_02_E20_Eye_V_Trigger".
In C3 as well, there are files like "CM_Z23_03_E02_VtriggerSkin01", CM_Z23_03_E03_VtriggerSkin02"

......the mods I installed a couple months ago in SFV Pak mod manager don't seem to work after Menat update...

Edit: oh phewww....
Guess I did it now, restarted the manager a couple of times to sync stuff and then opening the game with the 2.0.50 updated,

Also can I ask what is the character code for Abigail and Menat? Z22 and Z23? Z19 Z18?

@"sfsamly"
Check this thread below for all character and also stage codes
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=60

Also, i don't know which pak packages have Abigail's stuff... out of the 60 or so pak's

@"sfsamly"
Abigail's files are in pak67 and pak68.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Hey, I extracted my .pak files from the content folder, and have been able to edit colors successfully, but I can't seem to find the 30th anniversary costumes, Karin specifically.

The directory is:

\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\KRN\SkelMesh

But there are only 5 numbered folders. There's also a common folder, but I'm not sure what that is. The 5 folders are default, story, battle, swimsuit and Christmas.

Are the 30th Anniversary costumes located elsewhere? Sorry if this question has been already asked!

@"appleseed"
For now all SF 30th anniversary costume files are inside the "Ver111250_Steam.pak" (located in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder).
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"BrutalAce" @"robhal" @"Monkeygigabuster" @"KrizmKazm"
Or anyone else that might have experience with texture editing, I am looking to replace this graphic on versus loading screen:

[Image: zaoi3QZ.png]

I managed to locate the textures that needs to be replaced but I neither have the tools or knowledge to make these invisible/transparent and still compatible so I was wondering if you could help. I packaged the files and info here:
https://mega.nz/#!80YxTASK!cHBoeRFVCb6j-...RgHlPE5a54

I also located and fixed some rank up / rank down sounds with the help of @"FvckBringeR" advice, muted files and eternitytool so when this texture is fixed I'd like to bundle the old NoAnxiety mod, muted sounds and this banner texture edit together.

Thanks.

@"Firkraag"
I have downloaded your file and see that the texture is tga file, thus unfortunately I don't know how to inject the edited tga file back into the uasset file because unlike the edited dds file which still can have the exact same file size, tga file (like some common image files) will change the file size if it is edited. Sorry bro, can't help you here.

@"robhal"
Does TGA files need the same file size? Maybe it's just DDS files that needs it. Anyone else have any ideas?

@"Firkraag"
Not sure either as I don't have any experience injecting tga texture file. Afaik the hex-editing injecting method needs the edited file to have the same file size as the original one. I want to know too on how to inject this as it's a useful knowledge that can be used in the future.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"
@"Firkraag"

Textures are extracted in TGA format but you should save then in appropriate DDS format and then inject. You can see the correct DDS format when you open the texture UASSET file.

EDIT: Maybe it's the DDS format without mipmaps which makes the file size different, in that case it should be saved without mipmaps to achieve the same size.
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
Ah yes I remember now. Silly me as I seem always associate DDS format with just only DXT1 or DXT5.

@"Firkraag" 
Here bro, the edited LeagueUp texture files (made them by just deleting the whole picture with Photoshop, leaving only the alpha channel intact)
https://mega.nz/#!sUYlhRrY!sDkTmq1kOIas4...z5UHkz-s5I

Try them first because I can't test them.
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal" No problem bro Big Grin you don't dwell inside textures as much as I do just like I don't dwell in swaps. Let me know if it works Smile
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post