Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"robhal"
good to know bro, usually there's nothing different between big ones and small ones, nothing obvious at least.
they inherit from their parent material (Base Material), so they don't neet to be very big.
like Cammy C2, all 5k materials, but still looking good.
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 
[+] 1 user Likes TiggieWhite's post

Does anyone know why the stitches on the leg wont go away?

[Image: z4KRQkY.jpg]

I completely removed them from all the textures, I coloured them in the DA_Z33_CustomizeSetting_06 file to be the same as the skin colour, I've also used the robhal's invisible material trick on a material that had stitches in the name, but they will not go away.

@"bbb" 

unfortunately those stitches are geometries,  your invisible material also creates a lot of holes... that's why.

[Image: stic.jpg]

>---<

@"TiggieWhite"

Thanks for looking into it. It should be easy to delete them and fill the holes in the leg, but I'm assuming that skirt uses APEX? that would get messed up if I try to do that. Well I have one more idea I could try. Could you upload that extracted model? If I see the location of those geometry stitches UV, I could edit that part of the texture to match the skin, it might look okay. I'm assuming they are a different part of the texture then the painted stitches on the leg.

@"bbb"
you can do the painting, but I don't think it will make everything perfect, 'cause those geometries cast shadows.

well, maybe won't be that obvious, you can try it first.
here's the psk file :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vifQyE...C2J47HyEit

>---<

@"TiggieWhite"

Thanks for the model, but it seems to crash blender if I try to open it for some reason.

@"bbb"
I don't know why, works great for me, you can extract them yourself
Umodel download:
http://www.modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=18

>---<

@"TiggieWhite"

I just tried it with the latest version of blender. It works now. Thanks again. Smile

@"TiggieWhite"

and the result

[Image: TCXeeHN.jpg]

still a bit visible since its geometry, not sure if its worth keeping it like that
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"bbb"
unfortunately this is what's gonna happen if you don't want to modify the mesh, you still can use your imagination to give her some tatoo or something like that to cover the geometry, it will make it even better.
or, you fix the hole and also remove her skirt, that's plan B.

>---<

@"TiggieWhite"

Well I like the skirt, so I don't want to remove that. I'm thinking maybe to just put the scar texture back on very lightly, so it looks like its a healed scar, instead of a freshly cut scar that it is now.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet. Just want everyone to know that the Poison Halloween costume references C1 whip materials. So if you use any C1 mods that change the texture file the whip points to you will have messed up Halloween whip textures.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 1 user Likes addysun's post

@"BrutalAce"  @"TiggieWhite"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pvhth0j3b...y.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qk1srx8rv...blend/file

I've tried to apply weight paint on this costume through Blender, but ever since than the mesh file has lost the material references on it, can you help me with it?

(11-16-2019, 09:04 PM)Eugene Wrote: I've tried to apply weight paint on this costume through Blender, but ever since than the mesh file has lost the material references on it, can you help me with it?

....Weight painting? I think you're asking about assigning textures....? 
If that's what you're asking about, click on the material you want to assign to in the properties window and then click on the textures tab (the box with the checkerboard) And scroll down until you see the Image tab and you can manually pick an image from there using the file browser.

@"Eugene"

Hey, I don't understand the issue? The weights look like they are untouched and material assignments look fine too (fine in a way that skin is assigned to skin material, eyes are assigned to eye material and so on). What are you trying to do and do you face some texture issue after recompiling the mod in Unreal Engine?