Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

(12-06-2021, 02:55 PM)TigerRafa Wrote: Hello Guys. Hope I'm not doing dumb questions but there is mods for Critical Art animation?

@"TigerRafa"
I would talk to @"killbox" about it, I think he is the expert on animation and moveset modding.

Hey guys, would you be able to help with my understanding of Karin's skin/hair textures?

I have been attempting to merge two mods made by someone else and everything seems fine in game except for Karin's skin/hair.

I can see in Blender that she has "two" materials that affect skin and hair. One material encompasses her bangs (CM_KRN_02_E05_Hair) (which seems to colour correctly) and another for the skin and hair on her head together (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin). (This is causing me issues).

When I compare my merged mod against the original mod in game, I can see that the skin and hair colour in my mod do not change and stay as default colours.

I've read on the forum that some people have issues with changing blonde characters' hair due to things like the SSS texture file but I'm using the original SSS texture from the mod (which is pretty much just black and red) so I don't think this should be an issue in my case should it since I never altered the head mesh or textures.

I was wondering if this this a transparency issue with the Targa files I've extracted from UModel but I'm not sure it's that either.

I've also tried to have a look at the mesh in HexEditor but I'm not very sure what I'm looking at.

Any suggestions? I'm a bit puzzled on what to do next but I've attached the mod files for download below in case someone is able to investigate.

https://mega.nz/folder/181BAARQ#ibrTExircNDx_cwWJpI6_w

I managed to fix it!

So after a load of messing around I finally realised that the colour from the texture was not working correctly due to the way I had assigned the vertices to materials in Blender

When importing the character model from 3DS Max, it had two Skin materials (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin) & (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin.001).

(CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin) covered most of the body and hair while (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin.001) covered a few small bits on the forearms and legs.

Originally, I thought should assign all the (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin.001) vertices to the (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin) material and delete the (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin.001) material file.

What I needed to do instead was assign all the (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin) vertices to the (CM_KRN_02_E04_Skin.001) material file and not delete anything.

Once I was in UE4, I just did the normal material assignments in the LOD and everything appeared perfectly in game.

Have to say it's really satisfying when you manage to fix an issue and I'm really grateful a forum like this exists.
[+] 1 user Likes alphagamble's post

If anyone has any experience modswapping already the modded characters, I could use some help with this one.

I'm trying to make a mod swap using bbb's human seth swimwear mod,  but the characters animations are messed up in game because, for some reason, the joints are abnormally contorted, like the bones are not orientated right. I haven't even modsswapped the character yet because I was testing to see if the skeletal mesh was still compatible with bbb's mod.

All I did was I extracted the fbx from bbb's mod, I made sure there was no leaf bones, auto orientate the bones just like the CMN skeletons are in game, deleted the Seth's extra arms and legs, exported the mesh to the right size in UE4, cooked it with the same folder structure as the game files, and swapped out the mesh file in bbb's mod with the new one.  What's really weird is that when I checked the skeleton in the initial version of bbb's mod there seem to be leaf bones in the skeletal mesh. Not to mention, there are a few extra bones that aren't normally in the regular character, some of them I understand why they are there, others not so much.

In other words, I really don't know how I should go about making the animations look normal.

At this point, I don't know if I should keep the skeleton the same as it is in bbb's mod, or if I should try making almost identical to the one in Z37_04.

If any of you would like see the files for yourselves, here's a link to the zip folder right here. You'll be able to tell the difference between bbb's mod, and my attempt at it with the 2.0 version.

Includes mods, extracted files from the mod, my UE4project, Blender projects, and all extracted files from the mod

This might be usefull for some people wanting to get into moveset modding

I made a simple tutorial on how to add custom script entries aswell as adding cancellists and move entries, In this case i am going to be cloning Ryu's VS1 script and removing the Parry Hurtbox from it but making it Dash cancelable from any special and normal

You should probably know already how to setup the mod structure if not (Modname/StreetFighterV/Content/Chara/RYU/BattleResource/060) Movesets could be in the Appdata steam pak aswell so keep an eye out (ignore 500 and above folders in BattleResource)

Tools Can be found in the Discord (#SFV-Tools) Channel
And more data can be found regarding MoveTool's Structure in the Spreadsheet
[+] 1 user Likes Killbox's post

hello sorry but I had already installed the PMM before but since I needed space I had to uninstall the SFV and the mods but I left the PMM and now I wanted to reinstall SFV with different mods, but now when I install the mods they don't appear in the game. please help

Does Any one here take mod requests? Not like a costume or stage mod but a mod that changes something mechanic wise. Basically me and my dad love playing this game together its our favorite but the thing is that we are both casual players like to hardest combo we know is jump HK crouch MK Hadoken with ryu so i was thinking if someone would we willing to make changes that could suit us better i can list changes we both want after i get a reply. Thanks in advance.