Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

MvCI PC Modding Tutorial - Custom Model Workflow 4k 60FPS

(12-05-2017, 03:53 AM)UncleFestor Wrote: So yours is also grey foam? I don't think that means it's not loading. If it wasn't loading it should break the mesh. There should be a way to get this to work. We'll need to try differnt things to see what works & what doesn't
@UncleFestor
Yeah we need to figure out more carefully
About my case,If I hex-edit the texture reference in  material file I will get white foam(a.k.a the material loads while the texture doesn't load).If I hex-edit the material name in material file I will get grey foam just like you (the material doesn't load which cause the texture doesn't load either)
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]

Hmm.. That's odd. Explain what texture edit you did in your custom material that resulted in the material being able to load without the texture.

(12-05-2017, 02:15 PM)UncleFestor Wrote: Hmm.. That's odd. Explain what texture edit you did in your custom material that resulted in the material being able to load without the texture.

This is what I get for trying to hex-edit the texture reference in material file
[Image: aTbnj3e.jpg]

@Monkeygigabuster

Try Duplicating those textures as 01C and see if the game loads it then. There may be some odd issue with materials that are not predefined

(12-06-2017, 12:52 AM)UncleFestor Wrote: Try Duplicating those textures as 01C and see if the game loads it then. There may be some odd issue with materials that are not predefined
@Unclefestor
I tried creating new 01c texture when I did that hex-edit but the game still refuses to load the new texture.
If I rename 01c back to 00c in material file,the game will load the texture again
It seems if we rename the file in hex edit somehow the ussset loses the link to ubulk and uexp.May be there is somewhere else in the uasset file we need to hex edit too.

I got it to load a different material.

Still need to do some further testing, but to me it seems as though there may be some type of File Index in the game. If the file you want to load isn't definedd in the Index, then the game doesn't load it.

I got it to load an unused Material for Hagger, by adding that materiial to the fbx. I need to test if I can have it load extra textures, by giving it the name from another character. But for now at least I know we can partially use customized materials.

So I'll post a short vid of the material in use, and I'll make another video showing how to add them once I run a few tests. I'm off of work for the next 2 days, so I got plenty of time to worrk on this.

[+] 1 user Likes UncleFestor's post

@"UncleFestor" Would you be able to write a script that can perform data replacement for music files? Audio and character voices are stored within the euxps in Content\Sound. Audio itself is stored in an HCA container, each ending where the next begins. HCA files can be extracted using VGM Toolbox. (Misc. Tools>Extraction Tools>Streams>CRI HCA Extractor). You can just drag your uexp file to this, it does the rest.

With HCAs extracted as .wav, then modified or created by Eternity Audio Tool, music and voice creations could be made easier with a script that automates the process (especially since characters have ~150 different voice lines stored within their euxps. 

Example: HCADATADATADATADATAHCADATADATADATADATA

The script would have to work as follows:
1. Find HCA header in original file, record data range until next header.
2. Find same HCA header in replacement file, record data range until next header.
3. Compare both, return error if replacement larger than original, else replace data. (DO NOT Zero out remainder until next HCA header occurrence, MY PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS WERE WRONG HERE)
4. Find next, repeat until file end. Spit out euxp with edited HCAs.

If it could read a numbered set of HCA files (0001, 0002, 0003 etc) and replace them in that order, it would save us hours of editing these manually via hex.

I tried this method and works perfectly. So here is my first test:

Chun Li Skirtless
Show ContentSpoiler:
Only mesh modding, no textures or materials modded.

Also, I guess that the "Engine.ini" that must be edited is always the same, isn't it?
In that case here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/chjxg4i5w7...Engine.ini
Just copy&paste and overwrite.
[+] 3 users Like Segadordelinks's post

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but editing the mesh in the "Mesh" and "Generated" folders only changes color 1.

To edit color 2 you have to recreate the "2P/Generated" in the UE and add another mesh there (just like in the "Generated" folder).
When importing the new mesh don't remove all materials. You must move some of them to the "2P" folder and the 2P mesh must have these materials assigned to it. You can see which materials you need in the original folders (can be different for each color).

You have to do the same for 3P and 4P.

After cooking add the meshes, not the materials.

So the game uses a different mesh for each color (so they read different texture files). This can be usefull to create mesh variations for each color.

so yeah, dantarion figured out that cloth physics are related to APEX clothing cloth physics and i finally confirmed it. i can't figure out how to make the cloth actually collide with the physical body of the character though- see:
https://my.mixtape.moe/tdmvrz.webm

was wondering if anyone had any exp w/ that?

@"tabs"

I replied you on SFV Modding Discussion Thread but I'll copy it here just in case.

If it's colliding fine in 3DS Max then it means you have a kinematic rig with collision hulls but you might not be exporting them which is the reason why you loose collisions in UE4, when exporting APX file make sure you check "Include Collision Hulls" in export options, that will bring collisions in UE4.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

(12-25-2017, 09:55 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"tabs"

I replied you on SFV Modding Discussion Thread but I'll copy it here just in case.

If it's colliding fine in 3DS Max then it means you have a kinematic rig with collision hulls but you might not be exporting them which is the reason why you loose collisions in UE4, when exporting APX file make sure you check "Include Collision Hulls" in export options, that will bring collisions in UE4.

ahh, that's what it was! i didn't even realize the kinematic rig thing was vital for collision, haha. ended up messin' around with this to some effect but not having great results- at the very least though that collision is there now so the rest is fine-tuning. thanks for the quick reply!
[+] 1 user Likes tabs's post

@"tabs"

Your most welcome.

Let me know if you face any other issues with APEX, I will be happy to help Smile

Btw just a small tip, You can do all the fine tuning right in UE4. Once you import your APEX file click on "Physics Properties" drop down to adjust various properties like bend resistance, self collision thickness and other stuff, you don't have to switch between UE4 and 3DSMax over and over unless you want to add/modify collision hulls or APEX weights.

(11-30-2017, 02:38 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"UncleFestor"
@"Monkeygigabuster"

So I have downloaded UE 4.15.3 and watched the whole tutorial though I still don't have the game so I can't test anything personally yet. However after watching the tutorial the thing that pops in my mind is the Blender FBX exporter issue we faced with SFV, maybe @"UncleFestor" you're using Blender without changing the FBX exporter to older version.

For some reason the new FBX exporter plugin in Blender create an additional parent bone in the skeleton called "Armature" that bone shouldn't be there in hierarchy and as such bring unknown problems, in SFV it used to create animation issues and in MvCI I think it's the reason why you're facing crashes.

You need to do this

1. Go in X:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.XX\scripts\addons (where X is your drive and 2.XX is the Blender version you have)
2. Delete io_scene_fbx  folder or for safety just move it somewhere else in case this doesn't work and you want to restore the original plugin.
3. Download this file https://mega.nz/#!35EXCKCC!BKGd_010Ssgno...QtUINwp2AA
4. Extract it in the same folder mentioned in step 1.
5. Run Blender, export the FBX file and see if it works in game.

Can you reupload the io_scene_fbx please?