Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

MvCI PC Modding Tutorial - Custom Model Workflow 4k 60FPS

Unpacker Download Link: MvCI Unpacker
[+] 4 users Like UncleFestor's post

Thanks for the tuturial @"UncleFestor" ,I will check it out this week
@"BrutalAce" @"Khaledantar666" I can almost see the days when we can mod 2 games concurrently again(SSFIV and SFXT) back then
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Monkeygigabuster's post

@"Monkeygigabuster" Yes, the good old time, maybe I will join MvCI modding once I deal with all the requests I've got

@"Monkeygigabuster"

Yes the golden days of modding, I'll give it a shot too when I get some free time.

@"UncleFestor"

Great work on figuring out a way to start mesh modding, I think several MvCI modders were waiting for that and this might also be useful for future in case some UE games switch to latest UE versions.

@brutalace
Thanks. And yea, anything built on 4.15+ will utilize the same basic method.

Now for this game, in particular, I can't get anything exported from Blender to work. 3DS Max --> UE4 works just fine, but Blender --> UE4 crashes every single time. I tried Blender --> 3DSMax --> UE4 but I lose some important bones from the Bind Pose in the process. So I need the help of a Blender Guru, to try and figure out what's going on. I'm sure im missing something simple.

@"UncleFestor"

That's weird, does it crash as soon as you import the FBX or it crashes at some other point ? I don't own the game yet so can you send me a model that I'll import in Blender and export it back so you can try it in UE 4.15 and see if it works, if it does work then I'll share my Blender setup and FBX preset so it can help catching the culprit.

@"BrutalAce"
If you have time may be you can download ue 4.15.3 and try to import FBX beforehand

@"Monkeygigabuster"

Okay ill download and try tomorrow but i dont have any MvCI FBX so ill use
SFV FBX.

@"UncleFestor"
So by using UE4 you can create texture files for MVCI without the needs of injecting dds into existing texture uasset right?

@"UncleFestor"
@"Monkeygigabuster"

So I have downloaded UE 4.15.3 and watched the whole tutorial though I still don't have the game so I can't test anything personally yet. However after watching the tutorial the thing that pops in my mind is the Blender FBX exporter issue we faced with SFV, maybe @"UncleFestor" you're using Blender without changing the FBX exporter to older version.

For some reason the new FBX exporter plugin in Blender create an additional parent bone in the skeleton called "Armature" that bone shouldn't be there in hierarchy and as such bring unknown problems, in SFV it used to create animation issues and in MvCI I think it's the reason why you're facing crashes.

You need to do this

1. Go in X:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.XX\scripts\addons (where X is your drive and 2.XX is the Blender version you have)
2. Delete io_scene_fbx folder or for safety just move it somewhere else in case this doesn't work and you want to restore the original plugin.
3. Download this file https://mega.nz/#!W91xSBZS!lfzU7TY0BwVjo...qEOvkXvvlU
4. Extract it in the same folder mentioned in step 1.
5. Run Blender, export the FBX file and see if it works in game.

(11-29-2017, 11:59 PM)Monkeygigabuster Wrote: @"UncleFestor"
So by using UE4 you can create texture files for MVCI without the needs of injecting dds into existing texture uasset right?
Yes Smile
(11-30-2017, 02:38 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"UncleFestor"
@"Monkeygigabuster"

So I have downloaded UE 4.15.3 and watched the whole tutorial though I still don't have the game so I can't test anything personally yet. However after watching the tutorial the thing that pops in my mind is the Blender FBX exporter issue we faced with SFV, maybe @"UncleFestor" you're using Blender without changing the FBX exporter to older version.

For some reason the new FBX exporter plugin in Blender create an additional parent bone in the skeleton called "Armature" that bone shouldn't be there in hierarchy and as such bring unknown problems, in SFV it used to create animation issues and in MvCI I think it's the reason why you're facing crashes.

You need to do this

1. Go in X:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.XX\scripts\addons (where X is your drive and 2.XX is the Blender version you have)
2. Delete io_scene_fbx  folder or for safety just move it somewhere else in case this doesn't work and you want to restore the original plugin.
3. Download this file https://mega.nz/#!35EXCKCC!BKGd_010Ssgno...QtUINwp2AA
4. Extract it in the same folder mentioned in step 1.
5. Run Blender, export the FBX file and see if it works in game.
ok, I'll give it a try thx Smile
[+] 2 users Like UncleFestor's post

@Brutalace

Ok, that did fix the game crash issue. But now there's another issue. The character appears as just a giant glowing object. Don't know what can be causing this yet, but when I get more time I'll see if I can figure it out. I'll post a short video of what it looks like later.
[+] 1 user Likes UncleFestor's post

@"UncleFestor"

Good to know it's not crashing anymore, there isn't anything in FBX file itself that should result in glow but here is my export preset that might help.

[Image: screenshot__5__by_brutalace-dbvbctr.png]

If you'll send me one of the original MvCI FBX file I might be able to inspect better inside Blender, right now I am all guessing.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@Brutalace

Here's what's happening to me:

I'll upload the files in a bit

EDIT : Something was wrong with the audio track. Uploading it again

EDIT 2: Fixed

@"UncleFestor"
I also have my game crash with FBX saved from Blender,while I used 3dmax to import psk and save as FBX the Ue4 cooked properly and the game loads fine
I used Blender 2.77 to edit the FBX
What version of Blender did you use ?
@"BrutalAce"
Can I ask about your Blender version too