Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your speculation about file changes in SFVAE

As you guys know Street Fighter V Arcade Edtion will come out next year with a lot of new contents,that's also mean a lot of files might be changed in this "update".So I create this thread hoping you guys can share your prediction of files change so we can prepare our mental to adapt the change as soon as possible

My speculation:
1/There might be a change in file references(ie: character name just like the transition from SS1 to SS2)
2/Change UI,HUD files 
[Image: 3297925-ui00.jpg]
(Pretty obvious with those screenshot and i will have to update all of my stage mod HUD icon for sure ) Sad

Let's hope for the best that AE won't change too dramatically in term of file structure
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]

I think character names will change for sure which will affect many mods, specially new costumes and characters other than that I don't know much about stage, UI and hud system but they won't change file system too drastically because they are following what UE offers by default, they have similar file structure for MvCI too.

My only real concern is the nightmare scenario of them updating the Unreal Engine version.
I know everyone whines that it'll fix the input lag, but nobody even has a handle on how to replace meshes in Marvel Infinite. An updated engine would probably grind modding to a total stop outside of texture edits and costume swaps.

It's highly unlikely that they would do it though, would be my guess. From what  I've seen modding, wouldn't they have to repack the entire game to match the new engine?
I was watching UltraChen and James has spoken on how there's a chance switching Unreal Engines could completely break they game- they'd have to completely redo and re-pass QA too and how there's no way Capcom has the time/money to do it. 

So I don't REALLY think it'll happen, but it's a "what if" in the back of my mind.

@"sleepy_scrub"

That also crossed my mind though like you said it's highly unlikely because they have to cook entire game again not only that content transition from one version of engine to another version also requires a lot of work and sometimes even mess up the project then passing QA and telling users to re-download whole game instead of just an update will be another pain in the ass.

Also if they were going for engine update then the guy who do data mining wouldn't have found any content references in this version of the game, they would be working on separate version. Having content references in this version means they are working on this version.

Those are my guesses that it won't happen but once again there is no guarantee so we'll have to wait and watch and really hope they won't go this far.

Aaaaand at Tekken World Finals Harada just vowed to update the engine and fix the lag for Tekken so..... now I'm concerned.
We'll have to see if Capcom follows suit. Harada said they would try to get a fix out at some point next year but have to pass QA.

Maybe Capcom implements a patch for season 4....? Shit.

@"sleepy_scrub"

Well like I said there is no guarantee and in that case we'll have to start from scratch as well...

EDIT:

Reading more about what you said it seems PS4 version of Tekken is more affected by lag issues while PC and Xbox version weren't or say to a lesser degree, their team already reduced 2 frames but now they are contacting Epic to fix the issue from their end, this doesn't necessarily mean a full engine upgrade, this means some patch from Epic to the particular version of engine they are using. Additionally if they will change engine version they they'll have to do that for all three versions which is tremendous amount of work and involves cost. I think they'll pick the easy way and put burden on Epic to patch then Engine.

Still this doesn't mean we're safe from an Engine change but lets hope for the best, SFV modding is too young to die like this.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

found this reddit post about a couple of game leaks and the guy seems credible enough but this section might ease some concerns. Granted take any leaked information with a grain of salt as these are not concrete.

CAPCOM:
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition:

Season 3 characters include Sagat, Sakura, Cody, Sodom, 2 newcomers (I heard 2 Final Fight newcomers from one source, but Roxy and a Shadaloo Doll from another)

There will also be free characters added as part of the update, which are Crimson Viper, Q, Necro, and Oro.

Critical Arts were supposed to be added upon its launch, but I am hearing they are probably saving it for later. Color Edit Mode is something I was told that's going to be a new feature added. Those concerned with input lag, those fixes will most likely not be added until Season 4 or around halfway in to 3 to implement. If you did not know, Unreal Engine 4 only recently put out the update, and it requires quite some time to fix. It would take somewhere around half a year (maybe more) to both port and then debug everything. The backporting is not the hard part, it's debugging that is so time consuming. The same thing applies to other fighting games that currently use it and have issues with it like Tekken 7, and even Dragon Ball FighterZ, and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite are included having it and needing updated, but will take time to do. The whole process takes time.

Here is the whole post for anyone interested and again this is not concrete news so adjust hype accordingly https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/...eakileaks/
[Image: ccNopgB.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Darth Jazza's post

@"Darth Jazza" 
A lot of that tracks with X-Kira's data mining so that makes sense.
Capcom missed every single deadline with Season 2 so I would not be surprised at all if they were trying to make CA2 happen for Season 3 and just didn't finish on time because they fucked up.

The other issue is would Capcom risk adding CAs mid Season after Capcom Cup has started....?
Same with input lag, how do you debug a game that the DLC team is updating constantly?

My guess is that we'll see those two things for Season 4 but who knows.

@"sleepy_scrub" I doubt new CA's would be as damaging to add midway through the CPT season as Triggers or Skills so I can see Capcom adding them. Regarding the debug to fix the input lag I don't know how they'll test it but I'm sure that they'll be running a seperate beta version of SFV at Capcom from the version that's released to the public. So once Season 3 starts and the UE4 update happens there will be 3 different builds of SFV the public one, the one that they'll work on dlc stuff for and finally the update that fixes the input lag.
[Image: ccNopgB.jpg]