Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Site Changes

Hi guys,

In order to make Sensaiga's work a little bit easier this time, I am setting this thread up so we can write what important changes have been implemented so far.

1) Installed a spoiler plugin showing a button in post editor.

2) Installed a like plugin, allowing users to like posts.

3) Added a notification plugin, now you can tag users just you did in ProBoards and they will get a notification.

4) Added a user tagging system, tagged user gets a notification.

5) Added a bar system, administrators and super moderators can setup a notification bar on top of the site to notify users of something important.
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
What is the spoiler button looked like in post editor? Because honestly I can't see it (can still use the bbcode though so it's not a big deal for me of not seeing the button)

@"robhal"

Check it now bro ?

@"BrutalAce"
Okay bro, now I can see it Wink

Show ContentTest:
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

Looks good bro Wink
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
Bro, I notice that in the new reply window (the one with toolbar) the live preview mode uses a black blinking cursor in a white screen. While that's not an issue but unfortunately that black blinking cursor causes problem in the view source mode as its screen is also black so the cursor become invisible. Is there any way to fix this issue?

@"robhal"

Let me check that bro.

@"robhal"

Check the editor now bro, it does change to black when you switch to code editor but now the cursor color changes to white so you can see it in black.

@"BrutalAce"
It's perfect now bro Smile

@"BrutalAce"
Alright, i got access now, bro. I made a new theme based on the previous one. I rather not change the previous one directly. At least with this, any changes I make with codes and scripts wont affect the other themes. I also set the new theme as default so you guys can see the changes.

Update:
1. New theme (ModderBase) with Juri in the background (for now). If you manually chose a different theme before this update you might still be on that same theme.
2. Sidebar for easier navigation between sections (just like before).
3. Avatar file size limit changed to 50KB. (I found the limit was too small) This will enable us to use good quality images without a noticeable impact on performance.

I will change some things while the theme is active so dont worry if you see some weird sh*t. LOL Im still familiarizing myself with the structure coz every code in this site is broken up into parts.
[Image: 4okIdt2.png]
[+] 2 users Like Sensaiga's post

@"Sensaiga"

Love the improvements! Big Grin
Finally our own theme.
Had problems with the avatar file size limit like 30 minutes ago, so good call on that.
[Image: D3W1NUf.png]
                             Face Down, Ass up Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Yogensha's post

@"Sensaiga"

Yeah good eye on avatar file size increase, this is our own hosting so 50KB is nothing, we have tons of space.

@"Sensaiga"
Nice job bro, especially on the avatar size limit. Before that I couldn't use my Saber avatar pic from ProBoards (that use png format because of the transparent background) thus I had to convert the pic to jpg format which means loosing the transparency. Now my avatar pic is perfect for what I want atm Smile

EDIT: Also bro, is it possible to make that if we view the Alert box, the count number will automatically reduced to zero? As for now we have to click all items in there (or delete all alerts) to reduce the count number.

@"Sensaiga"

(08-27-2017, 04:35 AM)robhal Wrote: EDIT: Also bro, is it possible to make that if we view the Alert box, the count number will automatically reduced to zero? As for now we have to click all items in there (or delete all alerts) to reduce the count number.

Yes please, its slightly annoying to have to delete them every time.
[Image: D3W1NUf.png]
                             Face Down, Ass up Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Yogensha's post

UPDATE: Replaced bluegreen colors with violet to go well with the current background. Dunno if you guys consider this color feminine. I tried purple but made texts less readable since it's a bit darker.

Everything you see now is temporary. Let me know what you guys think is the best color scheme for our site.

EDIT: I just found out that this site is responsive. Looks good no matter what device you are using or resolution you are on. The same cant be said for our old sites.
[Image: 4okIdt2.png]
[+] 3 users Like Sensaiga's post