Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Site Changes

@"Sensaiga"
That's better, thank you. Smile
[Image: chunlisign_zero77.jpg]

About the Alerts, I suggest you guys just click on the delete alerts after viewing them instead of closing the window. Both require just one click from you. That's if you're not jumping straight to somewhere from the alerts that is. It's a plugin without configuration option so bear with it for now. If I do find a better alternative I will do something about it. I'm gonna be busy for the coming days so I cant promise anything, be easy on this site guys, it's our new home. IMO this site is already better than the old ones, though it's still lacking content coz we just started. I hope you guys continue to love this site.

@"BrutalAce"
Although I want to avoid touching the php files directly, I wanted to know if it's possible to open the showthread.php so I can add bbcode buttons to quick reply. I dont know if I can achieve this through editing the templates. Maybe Im just taken aback by how many templates the structure is broken into. Im not sure yet if the site's whole structure is in the templates or some are hidden for encapsulation. I know there are a plugins out there for this sort of thing but the downside of plugins are that they might conflict with other plugins. If you want to use a plugin for this though it's fine too, as long as it doesnt conflict with our current ones we'll be okay.
[Image: 4okIdt2.png]
[+] 3 users Like Sensaiga's post

@"Sensaiga"

I also avoid touching files directly because it's still a new system for me but I'll try to find showthread.php for you, what we can do is backup the original file and then edit this so if anything goes wrong we can revert back to original and yeah I also agree about plugins, I searched them carefully and took the most recent ones that were compatible for version 1.8.x and I only took the ones that gave the site some essential functionality like alerts or tagging system which I think are pretty handy but other than that I avoid plugins.

UPDATE: I changed the content background from semitransparent white to semitransparent black. This is to add more visibilty to the New Reply and Post Thread Buttons which are grey by default. It's also a bit straining to the eyes IMO with the whitish background since our texts are white so I think it's better if only the texts stay white. It's a better look and it's good for our eyes' health LOL. I also had to change the color of the "Pages" word to white since it was black and wouldnt be readable with the black background.
[+] 1 user Likes Sensaiga's post

Not sure why but in this couple days the site seems kind of sluggish to load, it was usually loaded in one or two seconds (max is maybe 5 seconds), now I need to wait around 20 seconds for each time I visit any pages.

Also there are some graphic elements that are missing to load as well, see the pic below
[Image: 296T6zk.jpg]

I am experiencing these issues in both Firefox (my primary browser) and also Chrome (this is a first time I open the forum using Chrome so I can assure that it's not browser cache issue).

UPDATE: I solve both issues by adding the text "198.232.124.196 use.fontawesome.com" into hosts file (located in folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc).

@"robhal"

Have you tried clearing your cache bro ? the icons and images appear fine on my side, I have tried both original igame and ModderBase themes in two browsers (Edge and Firefox) and they appear fine, I also cleared by cache to check if I am getting the latest version of the site and it still loads fine, loading time is also quick (1 - 2 seconds).

@"BrutalAce"
That was what I thought too bro and I had done that in my Firefox and it was still the same. Next I tried Chrome which I never open this forum before and still the same issue. But I had solved both issues, see my updated post above.

@"robhal"

I see so font awesome icons were not loading for you, I don't know what's causing this because I just tried to load the site in another browser (Brave) and it loaded fine there too. I am glad you found the solution but still strange why it's only happening with you, can some other member also confirm this ?

@"BrutalAce"
It is probably happened on my side because maybe the "use.fontawesome.com" website is blocked in my country (not sure what the reason is) so I unblock it with editing the hosts file.

@"robhal"
Works fine on my end in all browsers. Glad you got it solved, bro. Things like that are mostly independently caused by something from one's own PC.

I just notice now there is an arrow icon beside some threads' title that clicking it will take us to the first unread post.

Yeah, it's quite useful. We have the option to go to the first unread post or go straight to the last post.

UPDATE: Game logos added. Since our subforums' titles are mostly the same, this helps differentiate and separate them a bit. Easier to know what forum you're going into.

UPDATE:
1. Background changed to feature SFV's newest character, Menat. Fits nicely too coz you can see her eyes at the site's header.
2. Added shadow to the Modder Base logo to make it more visible.
[+] 3 users Like Sensaiga's post

Can anyone change the default text color in full edit/reply mode as white
right now it was black so I have to edit text while posting new mod
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]