Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do you make new stages?

I guess this is primarily aimed at Monkeygigabuster, but I appreciate help from anyone.

How do you make new stages? I cannot find any information at all about this. Do you extract something from umap files from other games, or make new ones?

Just looking for some basic info to get me started.

You may want to tag their username as well, so that they will get notified and probably will reply you here. Beside @"Monkeygigabuster" there are also some modders which I am aware of their stage mods (either in released or still WIP state), they are @"Ouji" , @"Leonaura"

Anyway, I hope for your success on stage modding.

@"GCS-WT" None of us creates Umaps from scratch. The only one working on that is Koenji, and his workflow is still a WIP. So we use Training Stage as a base.

Anyways, how I do it basically is by extracting the Training Stage 3D model and add items to it. You can follow character modding tutorials. It's the same thing, but instead of working with skeletal objects, you're working with static objects.

Wow, I didn't think it was that simple. How did Monkeygigabuster get all of those extra materials in there? So, I take it we assign new textures to these extra materials? (gras1, plant1, snow_mountain etc)

Also when I import GRD.FBX into UE4 editor I get an error "GRD has degenerate tangent bases which will result in incorrect shading." Do you know anything about that?

@"GCS-WT" You can copy materials from other folders and hex edit them so they work with TRN instead of let's say "NZL" for example. You can also hex edit those materials by making them reference new textures.

The settings you're using are off or you didn't export your FBX properly.

My Blender settings (I'm using Blender 2.79 with BrutalAce's fixed FBX Export plug-in):

[Image: image.png]

UE4 Settings:

[Image: image.png]

You can enable or disable import materials/textures if you don't want to carry over your materials and textures from Blender. I import my textures and set them up manually in UE4 since carrying them over from Blender takes forever.

Also, SFV uses material instances anyways, so I tend to create empty material instances with custom names in UE4 and assign them to the mesh in order for the game to reference your hex edited material instances that you would then have in your mod's folder structure.

Thanks for your help. I managed to add a new item and texture it, but I did have some problems with the UV maps after joining the models.  Apparently every object has to share the same UV map.