Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Regular eyes for M. Bison, Dhalsim, and Sagat help please

I searched, and saw several posts related to fixing grey or pupil-less eyes, but my question is different.  I know, for story reasons, and otherwise, M. Bison, Sagat, and Dhalsim all have white eyes.  I would like to have actual eyes for these characters.  I don't mind doing it myself, but I need a bit of guidance.  Would someone help point me to a guide, or what specifically I need to do to make eyes work for them?  I tried a variety of things, but so far unsuccessful.  I tried various eyelenses from other characters, some hex-editing, and in my Chun-Li Special Forces>Dhalsim swap, the eyes are there, but I believe that is because the eyes are actually from Chun-Li.  It seems like I should be able to use a different eyelens, and make the character use it, but am not quite sure how, or specific limitations, or if it is even possible.  Anyone have any suggestions to help me please?

Thanks, Mapsking

Oops, @"bbb" or @"robhal" or a moderator, I meant to post this in the Mod request page, but I don't think I can move it, and I don't know how to delete the post. Please move this to the other thread if needed.

Thanks

@"Mapsking"

swapping eyelenses isn't going to do anything. the eyelens material is only for adding shine to the eyeballs. if you want the eyes balls to have pupils, you will have to paint the pupils on the texture of the costume. also, I am not sure, but its possible the pupiless characters might not even have eye animation, so putting pupils on them might look weird on them.

OK, thanks. I know how to extract the textures, but I need to look how to import them back once modified. It will make an interesting experiment.

Don't forget that the Classic Sagat alternate costume (the one without the chest scar) actually has real eyes.  Wink  Could be a good asset for your experiments.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. K's post

@"Mr. K" Thanks for the tip, I did not realize that. I will look into it for sure.