Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 21 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average

SFV Costume or Character slot Swap

I made my first character swap!  There are minor glitches in the select screen, with the ribbons, but I don't know how to fix it.  This swaps Chun-Li's Special Forces costume (C15) to Dhalsim's Track Suit costume (C7).  The file includes the option for FMM and PMM.  I hope someone else enjoys it too!

Show ContentImages:

https://www.deviantart.com/mapsking/art/...-861983842
[+] 1 user Likes Mapsking's post

@"Gattea"
That mod only have the mesh file inside the pak file, so maybe your issue is you tried to hex-edit the pak file directly thus your attempted swaps were failed? For the future reference, always try to unpack the pak file first to check out whether the mod has all the necessary files required to swap, if not you have to copy them first.

The uasset files are actually the files which the game load them. The pak file is just the compressed form of those uasset files (think as the pak file is like the zip/rar/7z archives you see anywhere). Many people always use the "direct hex-editing the pak file" method to swap some mods/costumes, but you can also hex-editing those uasset files one-by-one to swap them as well. Yeah sure thing this method is slower but imo they are safer and easy to see the mistakes you might do during the hex-editing.

Anyway, I will swap the mod for you later if you haven't make any successful progress yet.

@"Mapsking"
Congrats for your first swap Smile

@"tempuspiscator"
Here are the swaps you wanted (NOTE: I don't have both costume packs purchased, so I can't test the swaps but I am sure they will work fine)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/quur15tpo3...13.7z/file

@"Daengo"
It's done
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jh2fdmis5x...14.7z/file

@"Mapsking"
Congrats for your first swap Smile

Thank you! The idea of the Special Forces outfit was in such contrast to Dhalsim's ideals of peace and yoga, it cracked me up, ha ha.

Would it be possible to mod Karin's the zombie color (EX11) into her default 01 costume, please?

Maybe I missed something, but I tried to swap a costume to the AdStyle costume slot, and physically, from the select screen, it seems to work ok, however, it will not allow me to play it, as it says the sponsor is currently not available. Since they are all the same, or close to it, as the default costume, is there a special trick I need to do, or something I need to modify to be able to use the AdStyle costume slot as well? I do have the options enabled in Battle Settings, tried both on and off, and made no difference. With normal playing, we can select the AdStyle slots. Anyone know?

Thanks, Mapsking

@"orange_zone"
You mean this color below swapped to color 1 slot of Karin's default costume, right? I can try it later, but no promise on when it gonna be done.
[Image: 111.png?h=d6348961773336330c8db827659fce7a]

@"Mapsking"
Currently no matter what costume (default adstyle or modded) you have on any character's adstyle slot, you can only use the color 1 and 2. It's because there is no sponsored content (aka "ad") currently active for costume part (for now, you can only see the "CPT Online" ad on the loading screen and the CPT stages).

Oh, I did not realize it was only limited to two costume slots. That was the problem, thanks! I guess I see why no one swaps to the AdStyle slots, ha ha.

@"Mapsking"
Say who, no one ask for the Adstyle slot swaps, eh? In fact, those are one of most popular slots to swap some mods into because they are available for free to everyone.

Well, my mistake. I looked briefly at the list in the virst couple of posts, and only saw one. It makes sense though, since you can put a whole new costume you otherwise would not have access to.

(11-22-2020, 08:26 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Red_Gambit"
Which variant do you want? But no request of NFSW variants, please.

@"Talion7x"
I have such mini swap in my mod pack below, if you want to use it
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...d=40#pid40

But if you prefer full swap instead, I will make it later.

@"Darwyn"
Make sure to include the download link of the mod you want me to swap.

i prefer full swap as i want to make a mod out of it 
thanks in advance Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Talion7x's post

@"robhal"

Thx a lot!!
[+] 1 user Likes tempuspiscator's post

(11-23-2020, 09:34 AM)robhal Wrote: @"orange_zone"
You mean this color below swapped to color 1 slot of Karin's default costume, right? I can try it later, but no promise on when it gonna be done.
[Image: 111.png?h=d6348961773336330c8db827659fce7a]

Yes! Thank you so much, please take your time!   Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes orange_zone's post

@"robhal"

I've had pretty good luck with the automatic costume slot conversion script but I'm throwing in the towel on this one.

Can you please make a Conversion of Brutal Ace's Demonic Juri to C4 (Horns With Leg Armor With Weapon)

@"hemizap88"
Sure, the swap will be done later.

Could you swap this mod from C1 to Nostalgia, please?

https://www.deviantart.com/dantesdt/art/...4799186084