Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Seamlines on textures + color issue

It seems once I solve one Sakura problem, more arise lol. But hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask for help!

This time, there's a noticeable "seamline" on the side of her waist. The model and textures both come from her c3 battle costume, so I don't know why they aren't meshing together on the final model. I figure this is a problem with UV mapping, but I've tried many times to fix it and the result is always the same.

[Image: rs95nSe.png]
Do I just suck at UV mapping? Or is there something I'm missing to fix this?

Lastly, I'm having an issue with the coloring of her gloves. I'm borrowing them from her c7 nostalgia costume, so I simply replaced the gloves in her c1 with them and put them in the same material (CM_Z26_01_E07_Gloves_Headband). When I did this though, the gloves wouldn't use the assigned glove colors, but instead used the color of her headband. When I put the Alpha gloves in a different material (in the picture above they're in CM_Z26_01_E13_Shirt), they're always colored black, despite the shirt color not being black... no clue what to do here. Any ideas?

(10-07-2020, 06:40 AM)mattiroquai Wrote: It seems once I solve one Sakura problem, more arise lol. But hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask for help!

This time, there's a noticeable "seamline" on the side of her waist. The model and textures both come from her c3 battle costume, so I don't know why they aren't meshing together on the final model. I figure this is a problem with UV mapping, but I've tried many times to fix it and the result is always the same.

[Image: rs95nSe.png]
Do I just suck at UV mapping? Or is there something I'm missing to fix this?

In edit mode, select all the skin and, then, Mesh Arrow Vertices Arrow Remove doubles Wink

(10-07-2020, 06:40 AM)mattiroquai Wrote: Lastly, I'm having an issue with the coloring of her gloves. I'm borrowing them from her c7 nostalgia costume, so I simply replaced the gloves in her c1 with them and put them in the same material (CM_Z26_01_E07_Gloves_Headband). When I did this though, the gloves wouldn't use the assigned glove colors, but instead used the color of her headband. When I put the Alpha gloves in a different material (in the picture above they're in CM_Z26_01_E13_Shirt), they're always colored black, despite the shirt color not being black... no clue what to do here. Any ideas?

About the colours. That's tricky.

That's related to the color assigned on the Mask texture (take a look at this, it's a very important tutorial: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=274). But, to sum it up, you have to change the colour of the alpha gloves on the Mask texture. The alpha gloves are yellow, so try to change that colour to purple or blue.

What happens when you move the alpha gloves to the shirt material? Same thing. If you want to use that slot, you have to change the colour on the Mask to red.

I hope this helps!

Don't worry, come back whenever you have any questions Smile
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

(10-07-2020, 07:47 AM)Leonaura Wrote: In edit mode, select all the skin and, then, Mesh Arrow Vertices Arrow Remove doubles Wink
Ahh @"Leonaura" , you truly are my modding savior! I tried this (in blender 2.8, it's Mesh Arrow Clean Up Arrow Merge by Distance) and it definitely improved those seams quite a bit!

[Image: WOezJwN.png]

The line is still there, but it's much less pronounced. Do you think this is the best it'll get?

Quote:About the colours. That's tricky.

That's related to the color assigned on the Mask texture (take a look at this, it's a very important tutorial: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=274). But, to sum it up, you have to change the colour of the alpha gloves on the Mask texture. The alpha gloves are yellow, so try to change that colour to purple or blue.

What happens when you move the alpha gloves to the shirt material? Same thing. If you want to use that slot, you have to change the colour on the Mask to red.
This worked perfectly! I put the gloves back to the Gloves_Headband material, and changed them from yellow to red in the Mask since her c1 gloves are (mostly) red there, and now they're perfectly colored.

Thank you again for always being so helpful and friendly!

(10-07-2020, 11:51 PM)mattiroquai Wrote: Ahh @"Leonaura" , you truly are my modding savior! I tried this (in blender 2.8, it's Mesh Arrow Clean Up Arrow Merge by Distance) and it definitely improved those seams quite a bit!

[Image: WOezJwN.png]

The line is still there, but it's much less pronounced. Do you think this is the best it'll get?

Well, I don't know about 2.8. In 2.79, the lines disappear almost completely. Be careful with that option if you apply it to the face (especially, around the mouth) Big Grin

(10-07-2020, 11:51 PM)mattiroquai Wrote: This worked perfectly! I put the gloves back to the Gloves_Headband material, and changed them from yellow to red in the Mask since her c1 gloves are (mostly) red there, and now they're perfectly colored.

Thank you again for always being so helpful and friendly!

Red usually works on all the costumes and materials (usually, not always), so go for red first if you want to test the colours Wink
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]