Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The Season 3 Character Prediction Thread

Photo 
....So now that the Arcade Edition hype has jump-started hype fo SF5, who do you guys think will be in S3...? Might as well get your predictions in now so you can actually say you called it when they drop.

I've got some ideas (and some drinks in me):

The "Fill the Holes in Arcade Mode" Theory:

[Image: 05_sagat01.jpg]
Hmmm. Themed arcade mode? "4 Battles for Street Fighter 1?" Let's see, Ryu, Ken, Birdie... who's #4 going to be? 

[Image: latest?cb=20080509022541]

Maybe that guy.... or it could be Retsu, who knows. 
If it's Eagle I would totally lose my shit, but who are we kidding. We know who it is. TIGER!! 

The "all story mode characters are in the game" theory:

Kolin, and Ed featured prominently in story mode, and both reached full playable character status by season 2.
You know who else featured prominently? 
[Image: SF5_MIA.jpg]
These fools! 
And there's arguments to be made for all 3. Viper is in multiple story modes (Bison, Juri) and got a costume redesign.
Oro is in multiple storylines (Dhalsim, Menat, Karin is looking for him) and is one of the first characters to appear in a Season 2 storyline.
And Sakura is only in Karin's story mode... but LORDY LOOK AT ALL THE SCHOOLGIRL COSTUME DLC CAPCOM HAS PUT OUT. It's almost like they're trying to tell me something....

The "reused assets" theory:
When Kolin and Ed dropped in succession, we were all positive that Capcom's plan for Season 2 was to reuse story mode assets for the whole season. Immediately, everyone said the rest of the season was gonna be Satsuki, Byron Taylor, and Azam. 

Instead we got this asshole: 
[Image: Abagail_finger_guns.jpg]
Well played Capcom. Well played.
BUT, it's not insane to think that they could use pre-existing assets to build more characters. They've done it with Kolin. You've got all the dolls to pick from. And boy, Decapre's moveset sure seemed fleshed out during story mode. Like REAL fleshed out.  I'm just sayin....

The "Leakers already know who's in Season 3" Theory:
Sooo everybody knows that Capcom sort of has a problem with people leaking information (which is why we all knew Menat was coming, and that Zekku is next).
One of the leaks I saw that was really blowing up for a minute was this one , (posted on R/Kappa before they went anti-modder and I stopped going there) which posited that S3 was gonna be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, Viper, Q and Necro, and that Alex Valle had leaked the list accidently in May on Twitter.
That was countered by Flowtron, a commenter on Ehubs who correctly claimed that Abagail and Menat were coming to SF5 in season 2. According to Flowtron's comments , Sakura and Sagat are definitely in, Viper, Oro, Necro, and Q are definitely out.

So there's that. For the record, the idea of Sagat Sakura, Oro, Viper, Q, and Necro.... There's story more basis for the first 4. Necro making the game before Blanka though? And a game where Dhalsim and Necro are BOTH in it....? Doubtful. And while everyone loves Q, he plays similarly to Balrog, I doubt he'd make it into a game with a bunch of 3rd strike characters already there, and where Boxer is already in (unless they totally redid his moveset). 

Final Predictions...?

SO. If I had to pick some guesses for who makes it in this season....? I would probably say....
Sagat (definitely in)
Sakura (definitely in, there's so much Schoolgirls DLC)
C. Viper (strong chance, I know Flowtron says no, but it makes sense to me)
Blanka (Is it really arcade mode when you're not losing to cheating CPU Blanka?)
E. Honda (I mean if Blanka makes it you might as well bring back all the World Warriors)
Oro (In too many story modes)

And my WILD PREDICTION- Gill shows up as a nonplayable boss, either for the 3rd Strike arcade mode or as some kind of Extra Battle. They've already modeled him as Urien DLC, might as well throw him in there. 

That's not my wishlist, but I know none of those characters (Abel, T.Hawk, Skullomania, The redesign of Dee Jay from USF4 Omega Mode) have any chance. 

Well that's my pick six to get it started, what do ya'll think and why?
[+] 3 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

My prediction is mostly the same like yours:

Sagat (because of the SF1 arcade mode path)
Fei Long (I like him, and also imo every mainstream fighting games aren't complete with the "Bruce Lee" type character)
Makoto (she uses unique karate fighting style, I like her and I already can imagine her V-Trigger that put her to red skin and power up all her moves)
C. Viper (appears in various character story modes)
Sakura (same reason as C.Viper, also because we need another school girl character beside Ibuki lol)
Cody or Guy (we need more Final Fight characters, I want both in S3 if possible).

About Gill, his model is also already available in cinematic story mode (you can see him during the ending credit).
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

You know, I did read all of it, and I know why you said you had some drinks on you, lol. Good stuff, though.

Regarding Oro, he's important to the series as being the one that teached the Matsudas styles and he's also a close friend of Gouken. Even Ryu mentions something about him in his winning quote after beating Laura. He's in SFIII and is said to be stronger than Akuma, I believed he said if they were to fight it'd end in a possible draw, if he, Oro himself, fought with only one arm, since he always fight using only one so he doesn't end up killing his opponent. So, tldr, I think he might come to SFV, yes, not to my liking since I could only get into SFIII in Third Strike after they put Chun in the game - go figure, lol.

But yea, I'm betting Sagat and Sakura too, Blanka only 'cause that weirdo Ono was holding a Blank doll the whole video where he talks about SFVAE. But those that I really want, besides Sakura and Sagat, are C.Viper, Rose - didn't she die? But Ryu also mastered his hado in IV, but that didn't stop capcom adding Evil Ryu in IV and making Ryu still struggles in V - and by the new trailer is entirely possible that Evil Ryu comes back too. So it'd be Sakura, Sagat, C.Viper, Rose and Poison - those are the ones I want to see back. Makoto too, I liked her scream and punch to the...
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

@"FvckBringeR"
Speaking of Oro (with his one arm fighting style) and Akuma, it's also believed that Cody is in the same league with them. See, similar with Oro, Cody fight with both hands cuffed because he is so powerful but he certainly doesn't looks like that because of his lazy personality (or maybe it's fake to hide his true power???) I slightly remember that there is reference in SF4 that states what I write but I am not sure where to find that reference.

So if Cody is in SFV roster, his V-Trigger got to be he breaks the handcuff.

I'm happy to see Makoto mentioned in here, she's one of my favorite characters along with Decapre and I would love it if she was released in this game. She'd fit in very well in SFV.

99% sure is in S3: Sagat, Sakura
Likely (In story): C. Viper, Oro, Decapre, Abel
Likely: Blanka, Honda, Makoto

@"robhal"
Cody breaking his hand-cuffs with a 3 bar V-Trigger for a permanent buff almost like Necalli would be mad hype.
[+] 2 users Like Firkraag's post

I'am hoping that Makoto, sakura, poison and maybe Ingrid will be in season 3.

I never heard anything like that about Cody, really. What I do know is that the man is really a compulsive fighter and can't feel alive or fulfilled if he isn't fighting/hiting something or someone. And much like Akuma - maybe that's the link? - he loves to fight strong people and feel really let down if the opponent is weak or didn't live up to his expectations. That was his story in FF anyways, after that I don't really remember much, even in SF games I didn't pay much attention to his story/motive for being there, though for some reason I know the motives for Rolento and Sodom. T__T

Didin't mention before, but I hope Decapree to return as playable char.
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

What i think would also be cool if you can make your own fighter. So you can choose from custom move sets and preset v-triggers. which you can get from fight money. Which than Capcom or the players setup tournaments with friends to see who is the best .

AND I GUESS NOW WE KNOW RESULTS:

sleepyscrub: 3/6 (Sagat/Sakura/Blanka)
@"robhal" : 3/6 (Sagat/Sakura/Cody)
@"FvckBringeR" : 3/7 (Sakura/Sagat/Blanka)
@"Firkraag" : 3/9 (Sakura/Sagat/Blanka)

Though we all lose to X-Kira who called that Falke would be in and Flowtron who actually leaked all of them in the Ehubs comment section.
Though perhaps data mining/working on the game disqualifies you from a prediction contest because you're not really predicting, lol.

Also of note, Honda is now the ONLY World Warrior not in the game. Huh.
Maybe we've got bonus characters coming this year....? If not, he would have to be a lock for  season 4.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

You know, in my defense, I only predicted Sakura, Sagat, Blanka and Oro. Makoto, Viper, Decapree and Poison are what I wanted. Still want, despite my love-turning-hate towards SFV.

And I think Honda'd be back, if all ww are back, even Gross Lincoln is here with godamned Abigail, there's no reason whatsoever for Honda not appearing. And Rose. Bring Rose back, to scold Menat a bit.