Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SRMA Problems, Need Help

Update: After many Hours with no sleep, i have finally figured it out.
With the request to keep the original post up, I have Re-Written this for Educational Purposes. My Problem has been solved but may this Help those who need it.

So I'm new to the whole modding thing and really i only wanted to achieve one thing while i'm playing street fighter, I wanted to add shine to certain characters, well mainly Laura and R.Mika because she's my main.
So i went digging around found this post by @"BrutalAce" (Bless your soul..) Called "How to Compile Textures in UE4". Basically goes over alot of things but glosses over an important part...... which got me stuck for A LONG TIME!!!  **Ahem**

With that Knowledge I Began Editing my SRMA Maps.

[Image: tAbjGr8.png]
Followed what was said and i Quote

"SRMA: SRMA is very important as it greatly affect how your mod looks, it can make an object look like plastic, metal or rubber. It can produce sweat or oil effects on skin and many other interesting effects. In layman terms here are some important colors and their properties.

a) RED (255,0,0): Produce extreme shiny oil or wet effect.
b) PURPLE: (255,0,255): Produce reflective shine, if your object is a shiny metal like gold then this should be your color on SRMA map.
c) GREEN: (0,255,0): Basic color that doesn't produce any shine, good for matte objects or shine less clothes/skin."

Since I wanted an Oiled like look RED is the color i was going for.

After I did that I saved it as TGA, 32 bit of course and went off to Unreal Engine 4. At the time i was using 4.25 (That's a Mistake, Don't do that) Use 4.7.6 instead...it will have everything you need.
With that I loaded the File and it looked like this.
[Image: TlWHDgz.png]
I set the Perimeters which was..

"SRMA:

Texture Group: Character
sRGB: No
Never Stream: Yes
Compression Settings: TC Default"

4.25 will NOT have TC Default and alot of the useful option will be buried like Never Stream and sRGB. you'll have to open tabs with the up arrows to see them. 4.7.6 has them right there easy to access.
Anywho....

After saving and grabbing the results i got this...
[Image: 5ebndZp.png]
PF_B8G8R8A8 or what i found out was called RGBA8. This is not the Format Street Fighter V allows and your game will crash ....EVERY....SINGLE...TIME
.This is the part that got me stuck for hours ..you see Street Fighter V wants you to have a DXT5 Format. But i could not for the life of me figured out how to Achieve that.

My Solution?!?!?!

I thought Fire Up UE4, Load File, Set Perimeters, Hit save and Grab the new File where my old file was...NO!!
The File i was grabbing i thought was the finished product..turns out UE4 loves Trolling you. because the .uasset file I thought was complete was not the file SFV wants...
instead inside UE4 you have to go here. click on File > Package Project > Windows > Windows (32-bit)... But before that Under those options make sure the project type is set from development to "Shipping" Also Unckeck "Use Pak Files" so UE4 can spit out the files Separately then Hit Windows (32-Bit).
The Real File you're looking for is inside the Brand new Folder Called "WindowsNoEditor" the file structure looks exactly the same in there. which caused me much confusion...

Credit goes to BrutalAce without your insight, i would be dead in the water....also if i didn't scroll down further in that post i wouldn't have saw the information i needed....Detached from the actual tutorial.

Now i'm off to learn about Color Customization Masking ....this is going to be fun!!!

@"ClareOrgana"

Hello,

Let me know if you need some other help with SRMA, I know quite a bit about them.

(07-21-2020, 08:38 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"ClareOrgana"

Hello,

Let me know if you need some other help with SRMA, I know quite a bit about them.

Thank you after tons of hours of trial and error i figured out my SRMA Problem.... that was not a pretty experience but i'm relieved.
[+] 1 user Likes ClareOrgana's post

@"ClareOrgana"
Didn't see the original post before you fixed it. 
I would leave it up along with what your fix was, might help the next guy who runs into the same issue.

(07-22-2020, 12:22 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"ClareOrgana"
Didn't see the original post before you fixed it. 
I would leave it up along with what your fix was, might help the next guy who runs into the same issue.

True, True...i think i wrote it down on a notepad somewhere, I could Repost it..along with the solution i found. But after i'm done this post needs to be marked as Solved, or else everyone will think..i still have a problem.
[+] 1 user Likes ClareOrgana's post