Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Model Swapping Tutorial (Still Buggy)

Hey guys, this will be a tutorial on how to model swap characters in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. The process is still quite BUGGY though, as your character will stay in a T-pose in-game. I'm currently figuring out a solution how to make the characters move, and I'll update as soon as possible. All right, with that said, let's get down to the nitty gritty:

First, you'll need to decrypt and extract the game's pak files within the game's directory. You'll need these tools provided by Altimor.
Once that's done follow these steps.

1. Locate the recipient and source for your model swap. In my example, I'll swap P1 Spider-Man with P1 Strider Hiryu (which are the folders 00D and 00C, respectively).

2. Go into MVCI/Content/Chara/00C/Mesh/ and copy 00C.uasset and 00C.uexp (these files contain Hiryu's Skeletal Mesh).

3. From here, open those two files in a hex editor. I personally recommend HxD.

4. Repeat step 2, but in this case, go to MVCI/Content/Chara/00D/Mesh/ and find 00D.uasset and 00D.uexp.

5. Repeat step 3 and open these two in a hex editor of your choice.

6. Find and copy this string: /Game/Chara/00D/Mesh/00D along with the next FIVE characters or bytes. (NOTE: a period or 00 value in hex is also a character/byte.)

7. Go back to 00C.uasset and and overwrite the string from step 6 into /Game/Chara/00C/Mesh/00C + five bytes.

8. Go back to 00D.uasset and find /Script/Engine. After nine bytes you will see 00D + five random characters/bytes. Copy this eight character string.

9. Repeat step 6 and 7, but go to the 9 bytes after /Script/Engine and overwrite 00C + five characters with the string from step 8.

10. Save changes for both files.

11. Put 00C.uasset and 00C.uexp into MVCI/Content/Chara/000/Mesh/ and rename them to 00D.uasset and 00D.uexp, respectively.

IMPORTANT EDIT (you must do this or else the game will crash):
12. Find MVCI/Content/Chara/00C/Mesh/Generated and copy 00c.uasset and 00c.uexp

13. Repeat the aforementioned steps with those two files and 00d.uasset and 00d.uexp from MVCI/Content/Chara/000/Mesh/Generated.

14. Pack the mod using u4pak.py or u4pak.exe.

15. Place your new mod in the ~mods directory within the base game's Paks directory.

16. Test it out ingame!

And with that, you're done! I'm sorry if the tutorial came off as a little vague, at times, so I'll try to add pics as soon as I can and update this tutorial with new info whenever possible.

Anyways, thanks for reading and happy modding!
[+] 2 users Like MicroKnightmare's post

000 looks to be a dummy file. 00D is Spiderman
[+] 1 user Likes UncleFestor's post

Thanks UncleFestor, I figured something was off about 000. I didn't have time to check. The core concepts to model swapping still applies, though.

Tried this method - it works but yeah, this "T" pose. Still don't know what and where need to edit to remove it.
Notes: your damage animation works fine.
If you try to swap any "Wave 2" costumes from character with original costumes - still see this "T" pose.

[Image: bSRt4k7.jpg]

One interesting thing: you can swap the color to another character model.