Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Color Previews Possible?

Hi folks,

right now I'm fumbling with the Color Edit Tool found here. Though tweaking colors works just fine, I find it quite tedious to always pack the files into a .pak archive, then restarting the game and entering the training mode in order to see how the colors really look like.

Is there a quick and easy way to preview the color changes without starting the game every time? Ideally, the Color Edit Tool should have a preview window showing the model and its changes.

(03-15-2020, 03:10 PM)Mr. K Wrote: Hi folks,

right now I'm fumbling with the Color Edit Tool found here. Tough tweaking colors works just fine, I find it quite tedious to always pack the files into a .pak archive, then restarting the game and entering the training mode in order to see how the colors really look like.

Is there a quick and easy way to preview the color changes without starting the game every time? Ideally, the Color Edit Tool should have a preview window showing the model and its changes.

Hi! Big Grin

I do this:

I always test (the first time) my mods with the game fully unpacked and I usually replace the original files (I have a backup) with the modded ones.

So, what you can do to avoid the enter-exit the game all the time? Open your game, with the mod in the respective folder, and go to the shop. There, you can see all the costumes. If you go to the character that you're modding (for example, in my case, I'm modding Cody), you can see a preview of your mod.

Find your modded character to see the first preview (''Characters'' for all the first costumes of the DLC characters; Alternate Costumes for the rest), Press Shift+Tab, go to the Color Edit Tool, change whatever you want, go back to SFV, get out of the preview, and click again too see the preview of your mod.

Show ContentSpoiler:

This won't work if you're using the .pak files, because the game can't re-read that folder without restart the game. Also, try to stay on the shop as long as you want to see the changes on the preview, don't go to any of the normal modes (because you'll have to restart the game).
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Leonaura's post

Hey, that's good to know. Tricks like these really can make life easier! Thank you!  Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. K's post

Quote:Find your modded character to see the first preview (''Characters'' for all the first costumes of the DLC characters; Alternate Costumes for the rest), Press Shift+Tab, go to the Color Edit Tool, change whatever you want, go back to SFV, get out of the preview, and click again too see the preview of your mod.
@"Leonaura"

Well I'll be damned, that works!  
I remember you used to be able to alt-tab back to the color edit tool by exiting training mode to main menu and re-entering it but that stopped working after a point (either a netcode update or Arcade Edition, I think). 

Using the shop preview as a workaround is a big time saver, thank you. Wonder how I missed that.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post