Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

In this thread, any post related with asking or sharing some info about modding is allowed.

I guess the first thing to know is probably how do we get access to the game files (if they are packed like in SFV or Tekken 7, we also need to know how to extract the pak files) so that we can start poking around.

It does look like they are packed the same way. I found 2 PAK files that are several GBs each, following the same general path as the SFV content. It's just a matter of getting a QuickBMS script to extract these now...

It seems that MVC:I can't be extracted with the current BMS script due to heavy encryption of very files:
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=26727#p26727
What a shame,I had high hope for the modding chance of this game
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]

@"Monkeygigabuster"
Too bad to hear that, then I guess we probably don't need the modding section for MvCI anymore.

(09-25-2017, 09:25 PM)KrizmKazm Wrote: It does look like they are packed the same way.  I found 2 PAK files that are several GBs each, following the same general path as the SFV content.  It's just a matter of getting a QuickBMS script to extract these now...

When you say "following general path", what do you mean, exactly?
Did you manage to at least see what's inside?

@"mvci"
He means that the 2 PAK files are located in the same general path like in SFV (StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks) or even Tekken 7 too (TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Hopefully someone can make Ultron Sigma and Ultron Omega playable in offline modes!

That's doable with cheat engine. Follow the old urien guide and see if it works.
The key to decrypt the .pak is inside the folder bin I think. I wanted to try some stuff yesterday but my pc died.
So far we know that fixing the offset the unpacker complains about does nothing.

Looks like the files can be decrypted and extracted now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mahvelmods/comm...on_script/
[+] 5 users Like KingKRool2002's post

That's excellent news!  I'm trying the process now...

I see Killer Instinct also hit Steam today, so that's another possibility.  Good day.

Example of character folder:
Show ContentSpoiler:

I'm trying to figure out how to change costume colors.  I'm noticing the folders 2P, 3P, and 4P that I think might be for Colors 2, 3, and 4?  Inside each of those folder is a "GimmickMaterialAsset.uasset" and "GimmickMaterialAsset.uexp" and you see in the root directory, there is a "GimmickMaterialAssetCMN.uasset", which could be for the Default Color 1?  Just speculation so far.
[+] 1 user Likes KrizmKazm's post

Hey guys, just popped in here to show my findings on MvCI. Been trying to mod it in my spare time, so here goes:

MvCI runs on Unreal Engine 4.15. From what I've gathered, normal .uasset files will no longer contain the content, they only reference it. The files that DO contain content (such as meshes, animations, etc.) are stored in .uexp files.

From that alone, I was able to deduce how to model swap characters without crashing the game. The bad news is, even though the model is correctly swapped, the character being swapped will remain in a T-pose, and I've found no solution as of yet.

It'll be some time before actual model editing can happen, but it will probably happen judging from the looks of things. I can post a full tutorial on how to model swap up later, if you guys want.
[+] 5 users Like MicroKnightmare's post

That's partially correct. So UE 4.15+, supposedly, splits files when you package the game for deployment (I haven't been able to get it to do that)

So for skeletalmesh,yes it's only 2 files. .uasset & .uexp. The uexp file contains the skeletalmesh header,footer & actual mesh. the uasset contains the file structure for unreal. You might need to change something in either the header or the uasset to get it out of the T-Pose and functioning.

Now as far as textures go, they're laid out as follows:

uasset contains unreal file info (Import, Export, Name tables Etc..)

ubulk contains headerless texture (Main Texture and mipmaps 128x128 & above, appended like a dds)

uexp contains Texture2D Header/Footer & mipmaps below 128x128 (Structured as is in a uasset file)
[+] 3 users Like UncleFestor's post

[+] 2 users Like UncleFestor's post

Some modding info from moddah (he posts them to reddit)

Editing textures in MVCI
https://www.reddit.com/r/mahvelmods/comm...s_in_mvci/

Characters' codes (with some quick notes written while looking at the files)
https://www.reddit.com/r/mahvelmods/comm...s_written/

Thanks for the character codes, makes things easier. I posted a tool to extract the mipmaps in the tools section yesterday, which I'll keep updateing as I mod characters that don't work with it.
[+] 1 user Likes UncleFestor's post