Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Arcade Mode Mod

Does anyone here know if it's possible to mod one of the Arcade Modes (Like Street Fighter I) to make a fixed costume line up of characters, costumes, colors and stages?

Is this possible? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[+] 1 user Likes Crocigator84's post

I've been experimenting with this.  Arcade mode files are here:

StreetFighterV/Content/GameMode/Arcade/ModeX/

Mode1 = SF1 - 10 characters, 4 matches
Mode2 = SF2 - 14 characters, 8 matches
Mode3 = SFA - 21 characters, 10 matches
Mode4 = SF3 - 11 characters, 6 matches
Mode5 = SF4 - 20 characters, 8 matches
Mode6 = SFV - 39 characters, 10 matches

CharaSelectTableData.uasset = The available characters on the select screen.
CourceData.uasset = Paths to the select/vs/win etc. music files
LogoBackgroundMat.uasset = I don't know what this is yet.
LogoBG.uasset = The character select background texture
MenuImage.uasset =  The logo on the arcade mode path menu.
StageData.uasset = The characters you fight in the game, and the stages they're assigned to.

You can change the characters and stages  by editing CharaSelectTableData.uasset and StageData.uasset.
Open both files in a hex editor and find the codes for each character you want to change. They're pretty obvious, the character code surrounded by dots (....CNL...., etc.) In the StageData file the character code is followed in sequence by their stage code. You can overwrite the codes with the ones you want.

Arcade mode loads the costumes that are appropriate for each character in the respective game, Such as Chun Li's SFA costume (08) for SFA, Guile's nostalgia costume (02) for SF2 and SFA, etc. If you swap the character, the game will still load the costume file number for the character you replaced. For example,in SF2 Dhalsim uses the nostalgia costume 06, so if you replace DSM with JRI, the game will load Juri in her 06 costume.  I don't know what byte assigns the costumes for each character, so for now you have to mod Juri's 06 DataAsset files to point to the costume you want her in.

The music for each stage is usually the character's personal BGM file (located in the character's sound directory) but some stages (Both Thailand stages in SF2 for example) use the stage BGM file. So if you want to change the music you have to do your audio mods on those files.

I haven't figured out how the bosses are loaded. In SF1 arcade mode, I swapped Ken with Chun Li (KEN to CNL) in the CharaSelectTableData and Stage Data files, and I can play SF1 with Chun Li, but the boss is always Ryu in his B-Boy costume. (costume 08, makes sense as Sagat's SF1 costume is 08)

The bosses seem to have something to do with the Rival_BossXX.uasset files, located in Arcade/CommonData/RivalData.
There are references to Rival_Boss10 and Rival_Boss11 in the StageData file, and I've swapped all instances of RYU from the chara select, stage data, Rival_Boss 1,2, 10, 11 and test files, and still it loads Ryu in the B-Boy costume as the SF1 boss. I plan to swap RYU with a different character in all the other Rival_Boss files,(there are 30) maybe it's reading from one of them. But I don't have time for that now.

Also, I don't know where the byte is that stores how many matches are in each mode. I hate only fighting 4 characters before the bosses in SF2, I want to fight all 12 characters like the original game! I've been looking for it, but no luck.

So, this is as much as I've figured out so far. I don't have much time to mess with it right now so if anyone else can figure out the missing info that would make me happy.
[+] 3 users Like GCS-WT's post

(01-08-2020, 10:36 PM)GCS-WT Wrote: I've been experimenting with this.  Arcade mode files are here:

StageData.uasset = The characters you fight in the game, and the stages they're assigned to.

You can change the characters and stages  by editing CharaSelectTableData.uasset and StageData.uasset.
Open both files in a hex editor and find the codes for each character you want to change. They're pretty obvious, the character code surrounded by dots (....CNL...., etc.) In the StageData file the character code is followed in sequence by their stage code. You can overwrite the codes with the ones you want.

Arcade mode loads the costumes that are appropriate for each character in the respective game, Such as Chun Li's SFA costume (0Cool for SFA, Guile's nostalgia costume (02) for SF2 and SFA, etc. If you swap the character, the game will still load the costume file number for the character you replaced. For example,in SF2 Dhalsim uses the nostalgia costume 06, so if you replace DSM with JRI, the game will load Juri in her 06 costume.  I don't know what byte assigns the costumes for each character, so for now you have to mod Juri's 06 DataAsset files to point to the costume you want her in.

The music for each stage is usually the character's personal BGM file (located in the character's sound directory) but some stages (Both Thailand stages in SF2 for example) use the stage BGM file. So if you want to change the music you have to do your audio mods on those files.

I haven't figured out how the bosses are loaded. In SF1 arcade mode, I swapped Ken with Chun Li (KEN to CNL) in the CharaSelectTableData and Stage Data files, and I can play SF1 with Chun Li, but the boss is always Ryu in his B-Boy costume. (costume 08, makes sense as Sagat's SF1 costume is 0Cool

The bosses seem to have something to do with the Rival_BossXX.uasset files, located in Arcade/CommonData/RivalData.
There are references to Rival_Boss10 and Rival_Boss11 in the StageData file, and I've swapped all instances of RYU from the chara select, stage data, Rival_Boss 1,2, 10, 11 and test files, and still it loads Ryu in the B-Boy costume as the SF1 boss. I plan to swap RYU with a different character in all the other Rival_Boss files,(there are 30) maybe it's reading from one of them. But I don't have time for that now.

Also, I don't know where the byte is that stores how many matches are in each mode. I hate only fighting 4 characters before the bosses in SF2, I want to fight all 12 characters like the original game! I've been looking for it, but no luck.

So, this is as much as I've figured out so far. I don't have much time to mess with it right now so if anyone else can figure out the missing info that would make me happy.

Thanks for this info. I've been trying to find a way where I can use Sagat to play through the SF3 Arcade path.

However, I haven't been able to find the files you've listed off. I get as far as StreetFighterV/Content/

After that, there is no 'GameMode' folder located within the 'Content' Folder
I've got windows set to show hidden files and still no luck.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

(01-08-2020, 10:36 PM)GCS-WT Wrote: I've been experimenting with this.  Arcade mode files are here:

Arcade mode loads the costumes that are appropriate for each character in the respective game, Such as Chun Li's SFA costume (0Cool for SFA, Guile's nostalgia costume (02) for SF2 and SFA, etc. If you swap the character, the game will still load the costume file number for the character you replaced. For example,in SF2 Dhalsim uses the nostalgia costume 06, so if you replace DSM with JRI, the game will load Juri in her 06 costume.  I don't know what byte assigns the costumes for each character, so for now you have to mod Juri's 06 DataAsset files to point to the costume you want her in.

I haven't figured out how the bosses are loaded. In SF1 arcade mode, I swapped Ken with Chun Li (KEN to CNL) in the CharaSelectTableData and Stage Data files, and I can play SF1 with Chun Li, but the boss is always Ryu in his B-Boy costume. (costume 08, makes sense as Sagat's SF1 costume is 0Cool

I've been experimenting with this, and all of your info was very useful.

About the number of matches along each arcade, the only way to extend it for now is to swap the StageData file (with the HxD editor, change the directory from Mode3 to Mode1, for example, and then move the file to the Mode1 folder).
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

To change character costume.
find the character code JRI  and first sign  "  
count 17 bytes 
[Image: 8062G.png]

change color costume
need next 
count 17 bytes 
[Image: 8063D.png]
[+] 3 users Like gravelee's post

@"gravelee" Is there a way to make CPU costumes and colours random?

@"SUPERVERITECH"
no it cannot be done
[+] 1 user Likes gravelee's post

Decided to make a mod, by the end of the week I’ll post
Boss battles I called it Boss Rush Mod.
[Image: unknown-1.png]
Update:

[+] 1 user Likes gravelee's post

Shadaloo dolls and stage from story mode.
this is not a mod
just an attempt

My english very bad I use Google TranslateSmile
[+] 2 users Like gravelee's post

Holy cow. I've been gone for a bit and I'm so glad this thread got some traction! Thanks all!

@"gravelee" When I try to access the files through this path: StreetFighterV/Content/ I only see: DLC, Movies, Networks, PAKs, Splash....no GameMode file

Any help on getting me to the right spot to find the files?

Is it possible to to mod the CharaSelectTableData.uasset to make all the dolls playable without replacing anyone?

I tried to add additional characters but it doesn't seem to recognize them. I can replace random select with a character though, so that's at least one slot. can anyone upload a pak with all the dolls? I don't have the dlc story installed and don't want to use up all that data to download the whole story for just some characters.

@"bbb"
I am uploading all the dolls files (from general story pak file's Chara folder) right now, need to wait a little while as the 7z archive size is 244 MB and not sure why but atm my upload speed is kind of unstable.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

Thanks robhal Smile and no worries, no rush, I wont be touching those files till tomorrow anyways.

EDIT -

Oh shit, I actually figured it out. its my first time editing a hex file to a longer size by figuring out all the offsets on my own sucessfully

[Image: b3AoCkI.jpg]

I added r.mika to sf4 without removing anybody. once I download the dolls  from @"robhal" tomorrow, I will add all the characters and the dolls to the sf4 path.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"
Nice, truly a great progress you have there.

Anyway, the upload is done and here is the download link
https://mega.nz/file/Idg3wBjT#wFm0WbYL-r...keC_cO8Am8

Can't wait to see the further progress bro Smile
[+] 3 users Like robhal's post