Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Arcade Mode Mod

@"robhal"

decided to try it now since i was excited. but I have bad news

all the regular characters went in okay

[Image: EhRxWxi.jpg]

but non of the dolls would get accepted. they would just leave an inaccessible blank spot

[Image: YkGxE9e.jpg]

also seems like I cannot make more character slots then the full roster amount. seems like that is the max the current select screen UI was programmed to use.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"
That's bad news indeed.

Anyway bro, I sort of remember there are some playable Dolls mods posted in StreetModders gallery (eg. the one below), maybe you can try studying on these mods to see how they can be done (ofc without replacing any existing chars like your current intention, as all these Dolls mods are replacing someone to make them playable)
https://www.deviantart.com/tom12422/art/...-800960379
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

I also tried to add characters, but nothing came of it.
My english very bad I use Google TranslateSmile

My english very bad I use Google TranslateSmile

@"robhal"

I think the reason why that mod works is because it replaces an existing character. So if he replaces Ryu with juli, the game still recognizes that its ryu in some way, but the files are replaced to be Juli. could be that there are more files required for a character to be playable then what the dolls have (quick glance shows they don't have a data asset folder). maybe if I were to convert a character to a new name, then then replace the files with a doll it might work. there is also the possibility that it could work, but be locked since the game might treat the new character as dlc that requires fm to unlock. guess it doesnt hurt to try.

so for a full character to character swap I just need to replace

/CMY/ to /D07/

CMY_ to D07_

Z10_ to D07_

_CMY to _D07

_Z10 to _D07

correct?

EDIT -

tried swapping CMY to D07 with the replace list above, then adding the real D07 files on top still did not work.

EDIT 2 -

doesn't look like I'm making much progress. I wanted to relive the SFxT days. was excited, I was even going to make the missing doll Juni Sad

Show ContentSpoiler:

(04-07-2020, 09:52 AM)gravelee Wrote: I also tried to add characters, but nothing came of it.

Have you tried to add existing characters to the roster? I'm trying to add Eleven to the character selection, but I wouldn't want to waste my time if it's not possible :x

(01-08-2020, 10:36 PM)GCS-WT Wrote: I've been experimenting with this.  Arcade mode files are here:

StreetFighterV/Content/GameMode/Arcade/ModeX/

Mode1 = SF1 - 10 characters, 4 matches...

What's good, everyone?
I'm brand new to modderbase. I've also been playing the trial-n-error game with files in the folder mentioned above—while at the same time learning more about hexadecimal coding. Not sure if this question has already been answered, but I think I solved the issue re: how do we setup any rival boss—EXCEPT Ryu—for the Final Stage in Arcade Mode. Here's the step-by-step I followed that worked for me. I'll use Mode1 (SF1):

1. Edit the desired player characters in CharaSelectTableData.uasset.
[Image: kE2x4VS.gif]

So far, this is what my modded Character Select layout looks like:
[Image: iGXcAkI.jpg]

2. Edit the ten rival characters & respective stages in StageData.uasset (planning ahead which two are going to be rival bosses).
In this example, Falke(Z28)'s stage is Frosty Boulevard (S05); hex 06 (under hex 22, the telltale " as noted by gravelee) is her Holiday Costume.
[Image: OW53oqa.gif]

3. Under the "Rival_Boss 10" area in StageData.uasset, put down the two characters who will fight whoever "Rival Boss 10" is plus the desired stage. Repeat (copy n' paste) over next two instances of "Rival_Boss 10" below, making sure all 3 instances are identical.
[Image: IkuEd1M.gif]

4. Under the "Rival_Boss 11" area in StageData.uasset, put down the remaining eight characters who will fight whoever "Rival Boss 11" is plus the desired stage. Repeat for the next two instances of "Rival_Boss 11", making sure all 3 instances are identical.
[Image: 6CGOPD9.gif]

5. In Rival_Boss10.uasset, put down those same two characters who will fight Rival Boss 10, except you're going to add an extra character within that group. As you can see in the example below, I put down Ken in the middle. There's no stage codes here.
Now that code that's slightly far off from the others that says Z35? This means Lucia will be Ryu and Laura's rival boss! The value under the hex 0A determines the rival's costume, while the second hex 0A determines the color, similar to the hex 22 (") in StageData.uasset. Hex 09 is Lucia's CPT costume.
[Image: ElX3y0E.gif]

6. In Rival_Boss11.uasset, DITTO, instead let's promote Laura (LAR) to status of rival boss.
What I don't understand, though, is why must the same name (in this case, Ken's) appear in that list in both files...?
[Image: 1bhtPRA.gif]

Again, I'm just learning. I'm no expert, I'm just reporting what apparently works. Does the game need, not so much Ken, per se, but a "placeholder" to block Ryu from being the boss in the Final Stage?
I do know incidentally you can replace Ken with any other character—just make sure if you replace him with, say, Chun-Li, that "CNL" replaces "KEN" in the CharaSelectTableData.uasset and anywhere in the other three files that consists of that list of the implied characters appearing on the select screen.

I need to make this absolutely clear: make sure the two rival boss characters are among the rival characters in your StageData.uasset file! Recall earlier what I noted in Step 2.)
To the best of my ability, I placed the player select characters' code names in these files in the exact order as they are in the CharaSelectTableData.uasset. Does it matter? Maybe not, I don't know, but apparently being meticulous pays off, as you can see in the video below:

Please let me know if this method works for you guys...and also, let me know if I could've posted this better, or if I overlooked any details, as this is my first post on your forum! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Opportunity and risk...two sides of the same coin. We can't have one side without the other...or can we?

SFV CFN:
  • HardKnoxJunkYard (Dojo)
  • Mike_YardDogg77 (PSN tag)
  • Mike_YardDoggPC (Steam tag)
[Image: 5GkRBdU.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Mike_YardDogg77's post

Now...I found the hex code for our favorite Chinese martial artist's Red Bull® costume (0d). Question, though...

[Image: XGVviQi.jpg][Image: L4AJtqe.jpg]

Huh Are the "alien eyes" an actual glitch somehow having to do with this costume's no longer availability in the game, or is this an allergic reaction Chun-Li got from actually drinking that shyt?
Not that I'm complaining—the big Marvel Cinematic Universe geek that I am, glitch or no, I'm getting humanoid-insect-girl-from-Guardian-of-the-Galaxy vibes.  Big Grin

Opportunity and risk...two sides of the same coin. We can't have one side without the other...or can we?

SFV CFN:
  • HardKnoxJunkYard (Dojo)
  • Mike_YardDogg77 (PSN tag)
  • Mike_YardDoggPC (Steam tag)
[Image: 5GkRBdU.gif]