Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not all mods loading

It's really weird, but for some reason adding mods in for a different character seems to be pushing out others that were previously loaded onto a different character. Like it's overflowing a memory range or something. No matter what I can't get my own mods that were working before onto Sakura's Nostalgia or her Holiday slots again. I messed with some installing/uninstalling other mods and nothing's changing this anymore. All of my mod files are preceded with the name starting !!00_00 before the rest of the file name. When this dumb error occurred before, I just added another ! to the front and it loaded fine, but now it doesn't change a thing. So, @"robhal" can you give any insight into this?

Also, how many pak chunks should there be in the paks folder of the main game? I have 0-68 (69 total). I think I saw the window update to having more files there when I used MM to reread the game archives. Maybe that had something to do with my issue.
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"sonicprogrammer"

I've always just put an a in front of the mod that stopped working, havn't reached a point where that method stopped working yet. If you think you reached a mod cap, what you could try doing is bundle your mods into fewer paks, so you could take for example all your sakura mods and put them in one pak called Sakura.pak or something.

there is an additional 3 _Steam.paks in C:\Users\*your name*\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb" Thanks a lot for the info. I do actually have those extra 3 pak files in that same location.

As for the naming convention, strangely enough despite that header I have in the file names, making the "a" be the first character after it made those mods load properly. It's like the game will load them up, but doesn't care about them in terms of sorting mod load order. I used that header initially because having a "0" in front helped a file that already had the "a" that didn't previously load, load. But now I'm a bit confused, but happy it's working again. So thanks again!

@"bbb" I do still have an error where loading a mod on Poison's C2 unloads her C1mod and screws up the textures on Sakura's C1 mod. I don't see how load order alone could mess with it this bad. I also only have 63 loaded mods. Seems like some sort of memory overflow.
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 1 user Likes sonicprogrammer's post

@"sonicprogrammer"

try and see if the pak combining way works

@"bbb" How do I do it?
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"sonicprogrammer"

Just extract a bunch of mod paks and repack them together as one pak. You could try it with all the mods that stopped working.

@"sonicprogrammer"
Unfortunately for us who use the ~mods folder to install mods, the "load order" issue will always happen soon or later and it's usually random (for example: the Ryu Ultimate mod and the story mode Shadaloo Base stage mod that always in my ~mods folder and always work fine, but recently they also stop working). The file renaming fix like what you and @"bbb" always did, yes they do work but sometimes they also don't work. Beside what @"bbb" said (combining some mods into one big pak file), you can also try adding new mods in there (or even disabling / removing some existing mods) to see if this action can make those affected mods can work again or not, but like I always say, this "load order" issue is completely random and unpredictable.

There are ways to make the installed mods will always work 100%:
1. use the mod manager tool (either MM / PMM)
2. use the ~mods folder method in the game with fully unpacked files, like what I described in this thread (spoiler box #3, NOTE2 section)
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"bbb" I'm just uncertain because I don't know the folder layout that it'd be ok to pack them in. Are there more than one StreetFighterV folder? Or is there only one and then multiple different folders after that?

Anyway, I tried using MM with just one mod on Sakura's C1 and it froze the game. If it's a pak file, it works. But I simply extracted that pak file and used it in MM format and now it's just crashing. No other mods installed. Don't get why. ^^;
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"sonicprogrammer"

it will be all in one streetfighter v folder
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"robhal" I'm trying to use MM without the pak files this time and with only one mod. It's freezing the game even though everything from the extracted pak file copied to the game's Content/Chara folder. Don't know what's wrong here. ^^;
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"bbb" Thanks a lot! I didn't think about being able to have multiple numbered files within the usual route in the StreetFighterV folder. Great for people who don't want to switch out their mods often and will load them all no problem as long as the game loads the one pak file.

Btw guys, I have no more issues with load order using the ~mods folder. @"BrutalAce" pointed me to the fact that I needed to move the SteamVersion pak files and update the manifest file again. I didn't know it snuck its way in there again and was the source of all this chaos I had. But now I know more about packing the pak files.

I just still don't know why the standard MM method with MM mod formats makes the game freeze...
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 2 users Like sonicprogrammer's post

@"sonicprogrammer"
If you decide to try MM, there are some steps you should do first beforehand:

1. Moves back the three Steam_VerXXXXX.pak files to its original place and also put back the original dlc.manifest file (the one before you edited it).

2. Moves away (temporarily) all pak files in the ~mods folder because they might interfere when we try to use MM's "re-read the game archives" function. Or you can also not using ~mods folder to install pak mod anymore because after all MM can install any mods as long as you have the mod loose files (which I gonna describe below how to get them if the mod doesn't come with such loose files).

3. MM is designed to install the loose files (not the pak file), so it's important to have them. But many modders prefer to distribute their mods in pak file therefor we need to extract the pak file first to get the loose files. Here is the guide for such thing.

4. Follow the instructions on how to install and setup MM before you can start installing any mod (spoiler box #2).
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal" Thanks a lot! ^^
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 2 users Like sonicprogrammer's post

Just to add to this, I have almosy 13gigs of mods that all load in one gogantic mod pak file. Every mod loads perfectly that way.
The only disadvantage is that whenever I add a new mod to my game I have to go through a bit of a rigmarole:
1) disable the giant mod pack whilst i trial the mod.
2) Unpack the new mod
3) Add it to the unpacked directory structure
4) Make a new giant mod pack (I let pmm do that for me) which now takes about ten minutes to run!

But every mod loads perfectly all the time, no conflicts and it is also excellent for running the same set of mods on my pc and arcade cabinet!
[+] 1 user Likes The Nibbler's post

@"The Nibbler" Wow! I know things work perfectly the way Robhal pointed out too. I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of packing and unpacking with each of my own desired mods added to the game.
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 1 user Likes sonicprogrammer's post