Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Automatic Costume Slot Conversion Script

(05-21-2020, 12:20 PM)TripKing Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 10:25 AM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: So when I extract the files from the mod, I have the following folders in
Skelmesh/01/...
Mesh
Texture

and when I extract files from my game I have the following folders in the same section

DataAsset
Sound

In folders that aren't /01/ folders I see more files and folders, such as a Materials folder. Is something going wrong with my extraction or something?

I can only assume you haven't extracted every pak file from the game. I've run into the similar error myself where I only extracted from 1 pak file from the game, thought I got what I wanted and proceeded. Either that or you've deleted the Materials folder. Probably not though, more likely you didn't extract from every pak file in the game.

Just as a foot note: Before you swap, your pak file should have the folders Mesh, Texture, Material, and DataAsset at least. With the appropriate file as well inside each folder. Otherwise the game won't find the files in the new slot.

Which is why (I think) your swap turns grey, because it can't find the materials in the Material folder. And the materials reference the textures. No materials means no textures, even if you include the textures files and and Texture folder, because there would be no reference to the textures.

As far as I'm aware, every pak file was in the folder I extracted from. I can only assume that the mod manager has somehow affected those pak files in some way and that's why certain things could not be extracted. I guess I will reinstall the game, re-extract the files and get back to you.

(05-21-2020, 05:35 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: As far as I'm aware, every pak file was in the folder I extracted from. I can only assume that the mod manager has somehow affected those pak files in some way and that's why certain things could not be extracted. I guess I will reinstall the game, re-extract the files and get back to you.

@Gold_Ultima Now now, I don't think you need to reinstall the whole game. Re extracting the pak files should be enough. Just make sure you pick the option to skip files you already have.
[+] 1 user Likes TripKing's post

(05-21-2020, 05:40 PM)TripKing Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 05:35 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: As far as I'm aware, every pak file was in the folder I extracted from. I can only assume that the mod manager has somehow affected those pak files in some way and that's why certain things could not be extracted. I guess I will reinstall the game, re-extract the files and get back to you.

@Gold_Ultima Now now, I don't think you need to reinstall the whole game. Re extracting the pak files should be enough. Just make sure you pick the option to skip files you already have.

Unfortunately, I had already tried that through a couple different methods. I have two different programmes for unpacking and both had the same issue of files missing from the extracted folders
 and retried it a couple of times doing different things like making sure admin was enabled and such. Luckily, reinstalling is the easiest portion of this for me as I have decent download speeds. That part is actually finished and I'm just copying the packs over to a large data drive now to retry extraction.

(05-21-2020, 06:44 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: Unfortunately, I had already tried that through a couple different methods. I have two different programmes for unpacking and both had the same issue of files missing from the extracted folders
 and retried it a couple of times doing different things like making sure admin was enabled and such. Luckily, reinstalling is the easiest portion of this for me as I have decent download speeds. That part is actually finished and I'm just copying the packs over to a large data drive now to retry extraction.

@Gold_Ultima Fair enough.
[+] 1 user Likes TripKing's post

(05-21-2020, 07:02 PM)TripKing Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 06:44 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: Unfortunately, I had already tried that through a couple different methods. I have two different programmes for unpacking and both had the same issue of files missing from the extracted folders

So I think I figured out the issue and it was incredibly dumb on my part. Apparently both extraction programmes I downloaded were out of date and couldn't extract from the 6+GB pak file because of a file size limit. I didn't notice it before because the error zipped by so quickly I didn't even see it. I'm now extracting with a newer version and will see how it goes. Thanks for your help and patience, man.
[+] 1 user Likes Gold_Ultima's post

(05-21-2020, 07:02 PM)TripKing Wrote:

So one final update, I finally got it to work. Thanks so much for all the help!
[+] 1 user Likes Gold_Ultima's post