Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Automatic Costume Slot Conversion Script

(05-21-2020, 05:35 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: As far as I'm aware, every pak file was in the folder I extracted from. I can only assume that the mod manager has somehow affected those pak files in some way and that's why certain things could not be extracted. I guess I will reinstall the game, re-extract the files and get back to you.

@"Gold_Ultima" Now now, I don't think you need to reinstall the whole game. Re extracting the pak files should be enough. Just make sure you pick the option to skip files you already have.
[+] 1 user Likes TripKing's post

(05-21-2020, 05:40 PM)TripKing Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 05:35 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: As far as I'm aware, every pak file was in the folder I extracted from. I can only assume that the mod manager has somehow affected those pak files in some way and that's why certain things could not be extracted. I guess I will reinstall the game, re-extract the files and get back to you.

@"Gold_Ultima" Now now, I don't think you need to reinstall the whole game. Re extracting the pak files should be enough. Just make sure you pick the option to skip files you already have.

Unfortunately, I had already tried that through a couple different methods. I have two different programmes for unpacking and both had the same issue of files missing from the extracted folders
 and retried it a couple of times doing different things like making sure admin was enabled and such. Luckily, reinstalling is the easiest portion of this for me as I have decent download speeds. That part is actually finished and I'm just copying the packs over to a large data drive now to retry extraction.

(05-21-2020, 06:44 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: Unfortunately, I had already tried that through a couple different methods. I have two different programmes for unpacking and both had the same issue of files missing from the extracted folders
 and retried it a couple of times doing different things like making sure admin was enabled and such. Luckily, reinstalling is the easiest portion of this for me as I have decent download speeds. That part is actually finished and I'm just copying the packs over to a large data drive now to retry extraction.

@"Gold_Ultima" Fair enough.
[+] 1 user Likes TripKing's post

(05-21-2020, 07:02 PM)TripKing Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 06:44 PM)Gold_Ultima Wrote: Unfortunately, I had already tried that through a couple different methods. I have two different programmes for unpacking and both had the same issue of files missing from the extracted folders

So I think I figured out the issue and it was incredibly dumb on my part. Apparently both extraction programmes I downloaded were out of date and couldn't extract from the 6+GB pak file because of a file size limit. I didn't notice it before because the error zipped by so quickly I didn't even see it. I'm now extracting with a newer version and will see how it goes. Thanks for your help and patience, man.
[+] 1 user Likes Gold_Ultima's post

(05-21-2020, 07:02 PM)TripKing Wrote:

So one final update, I finally got it to work. Thanks so much for all the help!
[+] 1 user Likes Gold_Ultima's post

(12-07-2019, 09:03 PM)ArteSequencia Wrote: List of all character costume slot numbers and character costume codes

CHUN LI:
Costume 19 - Default (with anime picture on the dress) - CNL

NASH:
Costume 06 - Alternate Story? - NSH

AKUMA:
Costume 09 - Alternate C1 (Shin Akuma maybe?) - Z21

[/spoiler]

@"bbb"
As you have taken care of editing the list, I leave this here:

Chun-Li 19 costume is her Suzaku costume:

Show ContentPREVIEW:

Nash 06 costume is his Genbu costume:

Show ContentPREVIEW:

Akuma 09 costume is his Byakko costume:

Show ContentPREVIEW:
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

@"Leonaura"

ArteSequencia started the list as a blank template, which I edit to slowly populated with the data till it was complete.

Thanks for the info on what those costumes were. Smile I only viewed them and umodel and didn't know what they were.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

I tried swapping a C6 to C1 for a Karin skin both by hand and by using the script you posted

I got the model to work but the character was grey

Could you please help me ?

@"timirtimir"

sounds like it couldn't locate the textures. are all the files of the costume included in the pak before running the script? (both modded and un-modded files)

I am trying to make a character swap of Chun-Li's C15 costume (Special Forces) to Dhalsim's C7 (Track Suit).  I think I followed the steps correctly, except that on the following step

Quote:For 10+ to 9- swaps,

before using the script, you must delete the DA_XXX_Costume_XX.uasset and DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX files from the mod and take the ones from the slot you are converting to (c4 to c9 only) and add them to the pack before running the script

In the
there is no DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX from Dhalsim's C7 slot.  When I tried to run the script, I get the following error in XVI32:

https://pasteboard.co/JBAaoA0.png

When I hit ok, it takes me to the script line in the script editor, and I am not sure what I need to do or how to modify it.  Will someone please help me?

https://pasteboard.co/JBAaY1L.png

Thanks!

ps, Sorry, I don't know how to put an image in the post, when I tried, there was a huge amount of text.

@"Mapsking"

Dhalsim doesn't have that file for some reason, so just borrow the file from chunli 07 instead.

also when doing swaps between 2 different characters, you need to add this extra line at the top of the script.

ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC /CNL/ BY /DSM/

OK, thanks, I will try it.

I borrowed DA_Z02_PreviewCostume_07.uasset, remade the .pak file, added the lines you said into the top of the script (Did I need to change it from CNL to Z02?), and it still errored out.  I can provide the script, the .pak file, whatever you need, but most of it seems to work, before getting stuck there.  Any other suggestions?

https://pasteboard.co/JBAZtsI.png

leading to this line in the script:

https://pasteboard.co/JBAZWFN.png

Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes Mapsking's post

@"Mapsking"

no, it remains CNL in that line.

that error means it could not find the CostumeColorPreview file. is that file included in the pak?

(11-22-2020, 09:55 PM)bbb Wrote: @"Mapsking"

no, it remains CNL in that line.

that error means it could not find the CostumeColorPreview file. is that file included in the pak?

Yes, unless I have done it incorrectly, here is the folder before making it into a .pak file.

https://pasteboard.co/JBB5L3a.png

@"Mapsking"

That is odd. That is all what that error means. it cannot find it, but you do have it in your screenshot. unless its in the wrong folder which I doubt that is the case, I am unsure what is wrong.