Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Automatic Costume Slot Conversion Script

(03-27-2020, 05:37 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"

I guess I keep fucking it up somehow. well if you prefer, you can use this older one

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ua4kynxv19...d.xsc/file

it should be guaranteed to work on 10+ to 4-9 (hopefully) but on 10+ to 1-3, a non miss matched files need to be borrowed or the character will be invisible.

Just a suggestion, maybe you should listen to my advice and don't rush yourself. Calm down, take a breather and try to relax yourself. Then when you're back at doing the script, just take it slow and do it carefully.
[Image: d4ZMiyj.jpg]
"I'm all about the FluffyQuack Mod Manager and loose files life." -Advanced Modder Base User

My Mod Requests:
Street Fighter V | Tekken 7
[+] 1 user Likes Advanced Modder Base User's post

(03-27-2020, 05:20 AM)Advanced Modder Base User Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 05:15 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"

Thats odd, its just a simple search line. Did you remember to include the 2 borrowed files? that part its looking for is part of it and if its not finding it, it could be that reason. If it's not that reason then I guess I could forget trying to compinsate for this borrowed file miss match scenario

Yup, I've already deleted the DA_XXX_Costume_XX.uasset and DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX.uasset files from Chun-Li's Pajamas/C11 and then put the DA_XXX_Costume_XX.uasset and DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX.uasset files from Chun-Li's Swimsuit/C4 (which you converted it to Chun-Li's Default/C1, Story/C2 and Battle Outfit 1/C3).

Well that's the problem the script is designed for C15 to C8. your running it on C11 to C4, which means the script is looking for C8, but you have C4.I just ran the script on C15 to convert to C8 and it ran no problem, and no mesh error on runtime.

Show ContentSpoiler:

I'm sure that's the error. I'm not done testing but so far so good on my end.

(03-27-2020, 06:11 AM)TripKing Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 05:20 AM)Advanced Modder Base User Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 05:15 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"

Thats odd, its just a simple search line. Did you remember to include the 2 borrowed files? that part its looking for is part of it and if its not finding it, it could be that reason. If it's not that reason then I guess I could forget trying to compinsate for this borrowed file miss match scenario

Yup, I've already deleted the DA_XXX_Costume_XX.uasset and DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX.uasset files from Chun-Li's Pajamas/C11 and then put the DA_XXX_Costume_XX.uasset and DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX.uasset files from Chun-Li's Swimsuit/C4 (which you converted it to Chun-Li's Default/C1, Story/C2 and Battle Outfit 1/C3).

Well that's the problem the script is designed for C15 to C8. your running it on C11 to C4, which means the script is looking for C8, but you have C4.I just ran the script on C15 to convert to C8 and it ran no problem, and no mesh error on runtime.

Show ContentSpoiler:

I'm sure that's the error. I'm not done testing but so far so good on my end.

No, my dude. I know that the ChunLi 15 to 08.xsc is for Chun-Li's Special Forces/C15 to Chun-Li's Nostalgia/C8, that's why every time @"bbb" uploads a new script I'll always edit it to work with Chun-Li's Pajamas/C11 to Chun-Li's Default/C1, Story/C2 and Battle Outfit 1/C3. I only edit the "costume slot", "magic number" and "costume slot -1" without touching the rest.

This one just makes the character become invisible as well:

I guess I keep fucking it up somehow. well if you prefer, you can use this older one

it should be guaranteed to work on 10+ to 4-9 (hopefully) but on 10+ to 1-3, a non miss matched files need to be borrowed or the character will be invisible.
"I'm all about the FluffyQuack Mod Manager and loose files life." -Advanced Modder Base User

My Mod Requests:

(03-27-2020, 07:04 AM)Advanced Modder Base User Wrote: No, my dude. I know that the ChunLi 15 to 08.xsc is for Chun-Li's Special Forces/C15 to Chun-Li's Nostalgia/C8, that's why every time @"bbb" uploads a new script I always edit it to work with Chun-Li's Pajamas/C11 to Chun-Li's Default/C1, Story/C2 and Battle Outfit 1/C3. I only edit the "costume slot", "magic number" and "costume slot -1" without touching the rest.

@"Advanced Modder Base User" Ahhh now I see, good catch, good catch bro. And I'm pretty sure I know why it's happening.

@"bbb" needed a workaround for inadvertently replacing parts of the file that shouldn't be touched. So instead of doing an REPLACEALL, he first found the line he needed to replace and replaced it once. Though it's in 2 places that need replacing so he just run the code again. 2 times total.

The issue is Capcom is inconsistent af, so we can't have nice things. With a Chunli's C4 Costume, the thing being searched for is only exist once, whereas in C8 it's encountered twice. XVI scripts stop if they can't find a string. And since it looks for it twice, the second time, it throws a runtime error since it can't find the second one since it doesn't exist in C4.

We could run XVI from the commandline as when it's run from there it doesn't stop just because it can't find something which means the swap should work since it is effectively skipping over what it can't find. Is it possible to to start up the command line from a batch file?

Moreover could we use a batch file to edit the .xsc files so that people could just put in the Characters and costumes slots. I think that's worth looking into. I'll do some more testing on Chunli and see if any of other costumes have that string more than twice. So if we can run it from the command line, while being user friendly all we have to do then is repeat that code as many times as the max amount.

Edit: Oh and added bonus of using commandline (in some way) means we can pass in command line arguments effectively making string variables. Thus we may only need to make 1 file for each kind of swap.

Note: This is just to recap.
Every time @"bbb" uploads a new script (ChunLi 15 to 08.xsc) I'll always edit it to work with Chun-Li's Pajamas/C11 to Chun-Li's Default/C1, Story/C2 and Battle Outfit 1/C3, but this is what happened when I use those scripts to convert...
  1. This one is working fine:
    (03-25-2020, 04:54 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"

If you want you can use this temporary script for now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dvxn8cmgd...mp.7z/file

it includes conversion from chunli 15 to 1,2,3 or 8

you can change the 15 to what ever you want, but you can't change the 1,2,3 or 8 without changing the hex parts.

@"TripKing"

I never made a conversion between 2 different characters before, so I am not sure if this will work. I added 2 extra lines that I think are needed for this

https://www.mediafire.com/file/97yv8c5o6...3.xsc/file
  2. These two just makes the character become invisible:
    (03-26-2020, 05:45 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User" @"TripKing"

I believe I figured it all out without having to make a hex translation list and wont risk breaking something. I also noticed another potential issue that I didn't realize earlier and fixed that as well

I have made it on chunli 15 to 8.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rxqinwzll...8.xsc/file

you can test it and see if it causes any issue on other swaps

3. This one just causes error during conversion:
    (03-27-2020, 02:21 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User" @"TripKing"

I think I have it now. I had to add a lot of bs code to take into account a miss match of the borrowed file. Since just because a costume is designated as CNL or Z02, it doesn't mean all its files are, which doesn't matter normally as you just need to change the main one, but say for example you are doing CNL to CNL and the mesh files of the mod are also CNL, but you borrowed a file that references Z02 mesh files, the script would ignore it since it was a CNL to CNL conversion. So the bs code I added should take that into account and also make it so that it doesn't ruin non borrowed file swaps that didn't need the fix.

Hopefully its stable this time

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9f039s7y0...8.xsc/file

same as before, its chunli 15 to 08

if you 2 believe it is stable, I will update the instructions and update the main download

My Mod Requests:

@"TripKing"

ah okay, so that makes sense now. Though it still has 2 places to replace that regardless, the inconsistent thing is the search point I used as a reference to locate it which was KWColorCustomizeClusterDataAsset which in 08, appeared both times before the part to change, but in 04, it appeared after, so the first replace ended up skipping the first and replacing the second one, and when it tried to find the second one, it gave the error because there is no third one. so I will just have to find a search point that is consistent in all files, and consistently before the replace part, but not too far away that it could replace the wrong thing. though I will take @"Advanced Modder Base User" 's advice and do it later tonight or tomorrow and do it more relaxed.

@"TripKing" @"Advanced Modder Base User"

as for having a more simple ui for this, I am already working with someone through PM on a much more better, friendlier and advanced tool using java instead of XVI32. he is doing all the scripting for it and I am just telling him what he has to look for and replace for conversions. he so far has a working 9- to 9- script and currently working on a C9- to C10+ or 10+ to 10+ Script

it works like upak right now which you just have to paste a line in command prompt that contains the new slot number and the pak name. the tool automatically will find out on its own what the character is, what the original slot number is, what code the costume old and new uses and will convert it. He will eventually have it so you don't need to even type in command prompt, it should just be a pop up asking for new slot number and pak name.

He will also attempt to make it so you don't need to worry if the pak has all the files or not, it will scan the pak if its missing any files and then extract the files from the main game paks on its own and repak the mod by itself. same should apply to borrowed files.

though he is a busy man, so not sure when it will get released.

EDIT -

@all

I updated the costume list to add the new CPT 2020 costumes. Also started adding some unavailable costumes like red bull and such if people want to swap those to something else.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(03-27-2020, 06:00 PM)bbb Wrote: @"TripKing"

ah okay, so that makes sense now. Though it still has 2 places to replace that regardless, the inconsistent thing is the search point I used as a reference to locate it which was KWColorCustomizeClusterDataAsset which in 08, appeared both times before the part to change, but in 04, it appeared after, so the first replace ended up skipping the first and replacing the second one, and when it tried to find the second one, it gave the error because there is no third one. so I will just have to find a search point that is consistent in all files, and consistently before the replace part, but not too far away that it could replace the wrong thing. though I will take @"Advanced Modder Base User" 's advice and do it later tonight or tomorrow and do it more relaxed.

@"TripKing" @"Advanced Modder Base User"

as for having a more simple ui for this, I am already working with someone through PM on a much more better, friendlier and advanced tool using java instead of XVI32. he is doing all the scripting for it and I am just telling him what he has to look for and replace for conversions. he so far has a working 9- to 9- script and currently working on a C9- to C10+ or 10+ to 10+ Script

it works like upak right now which you just have to paste a line in command prompt that contains the new slot number and the pak name. the tool automatically will find out on its own what the character is, what the original slot number is, what code the costume old and new uses and will convert it. He will eventually have it so you don't need to even type in command prompt, it should just be a pop up asking for new slot number and pak name.

He will also attempt to make it so you don't need to worry if the pak has all the files or not, it will scan the pak if its missing any files and then extract the files from the main game paks on its own and repak the mod by itself. same should apply to borrowed files.

though he is a busy man, so not sure when it will get released.

EDIT -

@all

I updated the costume list to add the new CPT 2020 costumes. Also started adding some unavailable costumes like red bull and such if people want to swap those to something else.

Yeah, you should do it in a more relaxed enviroment.

Holy shit! That's a really big news, a news that'll take us to the future. Soon we won't have to search for this and that, replace this and that anymore.
But, could I make a suggestion?
I would appreciate it if that program doesn't search my whole computer for the video game's folder path, I would prefer that we, the users get to set our own video game's folder path on that program. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't trust you or your friend. I just don't trust anyone that easily, especially on the internet.

My Mod Requests:

@"Advanced Modder Base User"

I'm not the one making that version of the tool, I'm only guiding him in what needs renaming. I believe he will just have the user specifying the games install location. But I will let him know your concern

(03-28-2020, 12:31 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"

I'm not the one making that version of the tool, I'm only guiding him in what needs renaming. I believe he will just have the user specifying the games install location. But I will let him know your concern

Thank you very much for everything.

My Mod Requests:

@"Advanced Modder Base User"  @"TripKing"

okay so I spent more time on testing it, tried it in 5 different scenarios and I believe it is stable now, so lets give this another go

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4u2y92zmy...ts.7z/file

one important note. when doing these tests, I noticed in some cases the eyes go grey, so I added an additional line at the very bottom that should go into all scripts to prevent this.

ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CM_Z02_EyeLens BY CM_CNL_EyeLens

this one should be treated different then others, the first part (in this example being CM_Z02_EyeLens) is actually the code you are converting to, so if the swap in CNL to Z02, you will put Z02 in the first section.

as for the second section,  (in this case being CM_CNL_EyeLens) its actually a separate code that may or may not be different then what you are swapping to.

so for chunli, her eye lens material uses the CNL code which should not be changed, but if you are doing a CNL to Z02 conversion, that ends up being changed which cause the grey eyes. So that line should undo that change if it were to occur. So how will you know what the characters eyelens code is without checking the extracted files? I will update my costume list with this information.

so, just to recap, the first section is the destination code, and the second is the eyelens specific code. this information and any other changes will be added to the instructions, if you 2 feel confident this script is stable.

EDIT - 

I have gone through making the list of eye lens code and have made a discovery. Apparently, only female characters have this common eye lens material. All the males including Seth does not have it. So that additional line can be removed for male swaps. I guess this is confirmation that Seth is male and Poison is female.

here is the list

Eye Lens Codes (Applicable only to females)

CHUN LI - CNL
CAMMY - Z10
R. MIKA - Z0B
KARIN - KRN
LAURA - LAR
IBUKI - Z12
JURI - JRI
KOLIN - Z20
MENAT - Z23
SAKURA - Z26
FALKE - Z28
POISON - Z33_01_E00
LUCIA - Z35_01_E00

This is technically only necessary for base and season 1 girls since the season 2 and up girls don't have a name change, but season 4 girls ruined it by including the costume number, so swapping them from costume 1 to something else would break it, so include the code for them as well.

(03-28-2020, 08:09 PM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"  @"TripKing"

okay so I spent more time on testing it, tried it in 5 different scenarios and I believe it is stable now, so lets give this another go

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4u2y92zmy...ts.7z/file

one important note. when doing these tests, I noticed in some cases the eyes go grey, so I added an additional line at the very bottom that should go into all scripts to prevent this.

ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CM_Z02_EyeLens BY CM_CNL_EyeLens

this one should be treated different then others, the first part (in this example being CM_Z02_EyeLens) is actually the code you are converting to, so if the swap in CNL to Z02, you will put Z02 in the first section.

as for the second section,  (in this case being CM_CNL_EyeLens) its actually a separate code that may or may not be different then what you are swapping to.

so for chunli, her eye lens material uses the CNL code which should not be changed, but if you are doing a CNL to Z02 conversion, that ends up being changed which cause the grey eyes. So that line should undo that change if it were to occur. So how will you know what the characters eyelens code is without checking the extracted files? I will update my costume list with this information.

so, just to recap, the first section is the destination code, and the second is the eyelens specific code. this information and any other changes will be added to the instructions, if you 2 feel confident this script is stable.

EDIT - 

I have gone through making the list of eye lens code and have made a discovery. Apparently, only female characters have this common eye lens material. All the males including Seth does not have it. So that additional line can be removed for male swaps. I guess this is confirmation that Seth is male and Poison is female.

here is the list

Eye Lens Codes (Applicable only to females)

CHUN LI - CNL
CAMMY - Z10
R. MIKA - Z0B
KARIN - KRN
LAURA - LAR
IBUKI - Z12
JURI - JRI
KOLIN - Z20
MENAT - Z23
SAKURA - Z26
FALKE - Z28
POISON - Z33_01_E00
LUCIA - Z35_01_E00

This is technically only necessary for base and season 1 girls since the season 2 and up girls don't have a name change, but season 4 girls ruined it by including the costume number, so swapping them from costume 1 to something else would break it, so include the code for them as well.

I knew you could do it, you greasy genius you. All you had to do is do it in a more relaxed enviroment, then *bam* the magic happens. Just like you, I've tested it on five different matches and there seems to be no issues at all. Well done, you've achieved it. Now you can truly relax, thank you very much once again.

My Mod Requests:

You're welcome Smile well not yet, I still have those instructions to update.

I was also looking into another thing. The Menat missing orb situation. Only 2 characters in the game use the prop files which is menat and falke for their weapons, so I included them in the script, however for whatever reason, converting the prop file makes Menat's orb disappear, but not converting it doesn't. for falke it seems to not make a difference, her weapon shows up with or without the prop conversion. The only exception is falke 10+ to 9- which falke only has 1 10+ costume. that is the only case I've seen where the prop needs to be converted. since for 10+ script, it needs magic number for the prop and if I include that in the default script, it will stop the script when it cant find a prop file which 98% of characters dont have. So I decided to remove all the prop lines from all the scripts since they only cause harm, and just made a separate unique one for falke 10+ to 9-.

I will upload the updated instructions soon.

(03-29-2020, 01:58 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Advanced Modder Base User"

You're welcome Smile well not yet, I still have those instructions to update.

I was also looking into another thing. The Menat missing orb situation. Only 2 characters in the game use the prop files which is menat and falke for their weapons, so I included them in the script, however for whatever reason, converting the prop file makes Menat's orb disappear, but not converting it doesn't. for falke it seems to not make a difference, her weapon shows up with or without the prop conversion. The only exception is falke 10+ to 9- which falke only has 1 10+ costume. that is the only case I've seen where the prop needs to be converted. since for 10+ script, it needs magic number for the prop and if I include that in the default script, it will stop the script when it cant find a prop file which 98% of characters dont have. So I decided to remove all the prop lines from all the scripts since they only cause harm, and just made a separate unique one for falke 10+ to 9-.

I will upload the updated instructions soon.

What about Poison?
Does she not have prop files?
Because she has that whip with her 24/7, just like Falke and Menat.

My Mod Requests:

Poison is different, her whip is part of her costume mesh, while menat and falkes weapons are a separate mesh file with separate physics.

anyways, the tool has been re-uploaded with the new changes and new instruction pictures. download link is the same

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h11ts1vut...on.7z/file

Trying to move some C2s to C1 and I apparently dont under stand the instructions i used the post 1 hex editing software and type replace all with the below and that did nothing

02 00 00 00 0B

01 00 00 00 0B

I also tried just replacing all the 02 with 01 and that almost worked C1 on the character select screen was the modded character but I got a game crash when I tried to start the fight so again I assumed thats not right either

Is there a YouTube video or something I can watch to see hows its done?