Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Offtopic Discussion

DeviantArt is even not as good as it used to be but it is still a good place to host my mod
I got a lot of hassle just posting a mod on other site such as Gamebanana.Nexus,etc
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]

HAPPY EID AL-FITR to all my friends and fellow forum members who celebrate the day.

Eid Mubarak Smile
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"
Khair mubarak
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)
[+] 1 user Likes Ecchi Gamer's post

I was just asked from CDPR to remove my uncensored mods

Quote:Hello, I am writing to you on behalf of CD PROJEKT S.A. (AKA CD PROJEKT RED), the game developer responsible for games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Gwent. I wanted to talk about the “Uncensored Cards” mod that you created and published in this Reddit post. We usually have no problem with our community creating mods for our games, however, we always ask them to follow certain rules. In case of Gwent, these can be found both in the Fan Content Guidelines and in CD PROJEKT RED User Agreement . As explained in both documents, our intellectual property (such as Gwent cards) must not be used in a way which could harm our Company. As you may know, Gwent as a game depends in its distribution (especially in case of the Android and iOS versions) on ratings by various rating authorities around the world, most importantly PEGI in Europe and ESRB in North America. CD PROJEKT RED made a conscious call to remove all nudity from the Gwent cards in order to make the game available for the younger audiences as well. Unfortunately, your mod which allows players to play with the uncensored versions of the cards, endangers the ratings which we have been given by the aforementioned rating authorities and puts us in a position where we might lose a significant part of our Gwent audience, considering the real threat of the ratings being raised due to the sexual content included in the mod. In this case it is not relevant that the mods was not created by ourselves – we are responsible for all of the content which is included in the game, no matter where it comes from. Because of the negative impact the mod might have on our company, we unfortunately have to ask you to take the mod down and remove any posts on Reddit or elsewhere which referred to it. Please be advised that we have the legal possibilities to take down the mod on the basis of a copyright infringement. I hope you understand our position and that we can resolve this situation amicably.
Best regards,
Burza

(05-25-2020, 06:04 AM)bbb Wrote: I was just asked from CDPR to remove my uncensored mods

Quote:Hello, I am writing to you on behalf of CD PROJEKT S.A. (AKA CD PROJEKT RED), the game developer responsible for games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Gwent. I wanted to talk about the “Uncensored Cards” mod that you created and published in this Reddit post. We usually have no problem with our community creating mods for our games, however, we always ask them to follow certain rules. In case of Gwent, these can be found both in the Fan Content Guidelines and in CD PROJEKT RED User Agreement . As explained in both documents, our intellectual property (such as Gwent cards) must not be used in a way which could harm our Company. As you may know, Gwent as a game depends in its distribution (especially in case of the Android and iOS versions) on ratings by various rating authorities around the world, most importantly PEGI in Europe and ESRB in North America. CD PROJEKT RED made a conscious call to remove all nudity from the Gwent cards in order to make the game available for the younger audiences as well. Unfortunately, your mod which allows players to play with the uncensored versions of the cards, endangers the ratings which we have been given by the aforementioned rating authorities and puts us in a position where we might lose a significant part of our Gwent audience, considering the real threat of the ratings being raised due to the sexual content included in the mod. In this case it is not relevant that the mods was not created by ourselves – we are responsible for all of the content which is included in the game, no matter where it comes from. Because of the negative impact the mod might have on our company, we unfortunately have to ask you to take the mod down and remove any posts on Reddit or elsewhere which referred to it. Please be advised that we have the legal possibilities to take down the mod on the basis of a copyright infringement. I hope you understand our position and that we can resolve this situation amicably.
Best regards,
Burza
Sounds like they have a personal problem.

@"bbb"
I am sorry to hear that bro Sad Anyway, I see you have edited the last post to remove its content but apparently you forget to do the same for the previous three posts.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"bbb" too much schlongs slides, too many pov shots.

Don't people buy the original censored version, whoever they are?

Bullshit, bullshit I say.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

Other developers have taken down certain projects and things for a lot less/worse things and at least they were polite enough to warn him up ahead.
[Image: iz5LICs.gif]

(05-25-2020, 11:04 AM)FvckBringeR Wrote: @"bbb" too much schlongs slides, too many pov shots.

Don't people buy the original censored version, whoever they are?

Bullshit, bullshit I say.
@"FvckBringeR" 
I agree. Something doesn't add up. So your rating goes up due to mods? Makes no sense that an external mod that needs to be downloaded separately makes the games rating go up? That's make no sense, and they didn't actually explain themselves, they just asserted that mods that they don't design or put in there games by default somehow make the rating boards upset. They should provide documentation to prove the rating board said anything pertaining to this, otherwise they have no case for "harm" which is already vague, unenforceable, and apparently at there sole digression what harm is.

Even if they did provide proof, that sounds like an issue with the ratings board, not modders. Sound like they're just waving there legal and financial weight around to scare @"bbb". Throwing around words like copyright when copyright has nothing to do with it when players own there speific instances of cards. They need to screw off with this nonsense.
[+] 1 user Likes TripKing's post

@"robhal"

forgot the first one, but the other 2 are okay. its specifically uncensored mods they didn't want. this is their public announcement after they contacted me

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/...card_game/

@"TripKing" @"FvckBringeR"

apparently its a mobile thing. their stores are very strict on the matter and even though the mods don't work on mobile, they don't want the publicity of uncensored content for the game. mobile has been very successful for them and they are bending over backwards for it, even to the point of downgrading the game on PC to work better on mobile
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

(05-25-2020, 10:53 PM)bbb Wrote: @"robhal"

forgot the first one, but the other 2 are okay. its specifically uncensored mods they didn't want. this is their public announcement after they contacted me

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/...card_game/

@"TripKing" @"FvckBringeR"

apparently its a mobile thing. their stores are very strict on the matter and even though the mods don't work on mobile, they don't want the publicity of uncensored content for the game. mobile has been very successful for them and they are bending over backwards for it, even to the point of downgrading the game on PC to work better on mobile

@"bbb"
Sucks for them I guess if that's the case, however that's not a problem that modder's created. That's a problem that the ratings board would be fabricating. Imagine being told as a car manufacture that a car lot won't sell your car brand if any mechanic publicly advertises putting naked women on your cars, to owners as a service. It's ridiculous, because once you buy something, you are entitled to modify that thing however you please, or even resell it, as the original seller forfeits any rights to that one instance they sold. They have no copyright claim over a product someone else has bought from them. And for that reason a storefront changing a rating over mods, something law give owners the right to do, is unreasonable, and borderline unlawful. Their issue is with rating board unreasonable demands. They need to provide proof that this is even a thing, then look in mirror to see the actual group they have an issue with is the rating board standing behind them.

Not that changing the rating would even affect sales in the slightest anyway. Kids get there hands on mature content all the time anyways. Look at Grand Theft Auto V, or Mortal Kombat and the amount of kids that play those games. It's the most profitable entertainment media product ever(GTA). And everyone knows kids make up a huge part of there player base.

Sorry I kinda go off on a tangent sometimes
Edit: Also there mods that only work client side anyway, stored on ones own personal computer, other players can't see other players mods, making this even more ridiculous and nonsensical.

@"TripKing"

well there is one point people bring up. its a free 2 play game. so i don't own anything.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(05-26-2020, 01:30 AM)bbb Wrote: @"TripKing"

well there is one point people bring up. its a free 2 play game. so i don't own anything.

You can buy cards, thus they themselves have assigned monetary value to them, thus if they give the player cards a player earns thru gameplay, there still that players, since they have acknowledged that those cards are worth some amount of money.  Giving something away is the same as selling it for free, they still forfeit all rights to that one instance.

And unless I have it wrong, you do need to own the regular versions(either thru gameplay or purchase) in order for those mods to work, yes? If so then they have nothing. Because your not giving anybody any cards, your giving them the means to uncensor and modify cards they already have gained legitimately. They really have nothing to begin with because "harm to there game" is so subjective, and prone to change it could mean anything, therefore it is not enforceable under US terms and service regulations. This is them just throwing there monetary/legal weight around, everyone praising them for good communication and letting us have some mods when it was never there call to begin with (legally) what mods can be allowed. And they soak up all that positive pr.

@"TripKing"

Well you can't buy specific cards, you can only buy packs that have 5 random. you can craft specific cards, but that's with in game currency which you can't buy. you need to own the card in order to use the mod for that card, or you can still install it if you don't have it if you want to see the opponent with that card have the mod.

lots of people were too scared to use the mods fearing they could get banned, so they are happy that their is no banning going to happen, and they already have the mod downloaded before removal, so they can use it now. Still kind of odd to see all that praise though, specially with the poor communication they have been doing.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

Modding is always a complicated matter since most of the time there is no specific rules for modding and what is right for modding most of the time.A mod can only be existed if every parties allow it to happen (between modders and modders or game developer,etc).Most of the time game developer turns a blind eye for modding scene
If your mod claimed it is unfortunately but I guess we still have to comply even it is unfair sometimes
I have been asked to taken down 3 mods back in the past and I was sad too but I decided to let it go and spend effort to create another mods in the future instead
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Monkeygigabuster's post