Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

Wanted to share some advice when dealing with Apex collision volumes, in hopes of saving people from dealing with the shenanigans I've been going through these last  few days.

So, I made sort of a basic trenchcoat apex asset with collision volumes for Dante and Nero that seemed fine, but the jacket was constantly clipping into the legs no matter what I tried.  I couldn't figure out what was happening because the collision volumes in the program seemed fine:
[Image: dante_fucked_collisions.jpg]

Increasing self-collision and thickness values helped a little but didn't solve my problem. All of the collision overlapped, there's no reason the jacket should be clipping into the mesh.
Then it hit me when watching the animation where Nero's leg always clipped;
[Image: 20180731155115_1.jpg]
What I THINK is happening is that during certain animations (especially kicks) the collision volumes separate for a brief moment and create gaps, And then the APEX cloth gets stuck in the gaps. It's especially a problem for games like Street Fighter that skip frames in animation, which causes the collision volumes to warp around every time frames are skipped. 

The work around I figured out for now then, is  to use the bones that don't really move around and use them to create a big collision volume under the legs so the cloth can't slip through. 
[Image: dante_working_collisions.jpg]
The big red circle around the legs is the pelvis bone- because it's at the center of Nero's mesh it almost never moves with an animation.  And by making it giant and having it surround his legs it creates a sort of force field around the groin of the mesh so that Apex cloth can't clip through it during kicks. 

It's a dumb little trick but it took me days to figure out.
Probably explains why a lot of the Apex meshes have an Invisible Material slot, probably to generate a lower body collision volume.
Hopefully it helps somebody foolish enough to deal with Apex down the road.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

I think I show you a really cool thing i found
[Image: kolinhair_by_lukemonxd-dcj74sb.png]
so I just implemented this Hair into SF5 with it's original textures. And even though i did everything how it should be, i got blonde hair. So for me this is pretty great since I really like her with this blonde hair. So what I want to say is that the color from the original hair stays and kind of ignores the new textures ( at least here ) . Don't know why it happened but i thought it would be cool to share.
[Image: source.gif]
DeviantArt:https: //www.deviantart.com/lukemonxd
[+] 2 users Like LukemonXD's post

(08-04-2018, 07:07 PM)LukemonXD Wrote:
Show ContentSpoilers:

I run into this issue if you use the Alpha material for the hair. What I'm doing in my Falke Domme (Dominatrix? still working on the title) mod is used a combo of the skin material and a second material (i used armor?) to get the colors to swap.

Not sure how to make it work with the Alpha mat though. Sorry. Huh

(07-31-2018, 11:24 PM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Holy fuck, I am your biggest fan right now. This is the reason why I gave up on the long skirt when I was doing my Falke Dress mod. Thanks so much for this workaround.  Heart
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv

(08-07-2018, 05:37 PM)addysun Wrote: Thanks so much for this workaround.  Heart

You're very welcome, I hope it helps.    Smile  
Sharing intel for the common good is the whole point of the forum, lord knows I'd still be trash as a modder if people didn't share the tech with me as well. 

In other news, I'm starting to dig into the wave of new costumes.

Interesting thing I discovered with Birdie, his Capcom Cup costume is actually broken up into two seperate meshes, 07 and 08. 
Long story short, his 08 is the default version and the one with the Birdie hair is 07.

But buying his costume ONLY gives you his 08 version. If you wanted the other hairstyle, tough shit.

Now there MIGHT be another way to access it (maybe it's a gift if you buy the whole Capcom Cup pack, or maybe there's another costume button code and Capcom only told MenaRD what it is). 
But based on the layout I'm like 99% sure ONLY MenaRD has the alt-hairstyle version and no one else can buy it.

WHICH IS TOTAL HORSESHIT BECAUSE CAPCOM  LIED AND ADVERTISED BOTH VERSIONS AND NOW I'M OUT THE MONEY.  Angry

(Luckily Mini-Swapping his 07 onto 08 solves the problem quite easily.  Tongue ).

[Image: DkC77VJU4AEOb-W.jpg:large]

@"sleepy_scrub"
If you don't know about this, NuckleDu's Champion Choice costume for Guile also has two version. We get the C6 version (with Guile's nametag) then there is a special version (C9, uses mesh file from C6) which I guess only NuckleDu can use this costume as it has his nametag.

Before this Guile and Birdie costume specialized for certain people only, there are couple of costumes for both Chun-Li (C19, Suzaku slot) and Nash (C6, Genbu slot) that can only be used by two people in Japan (forgot their name).

For Genbu, it's Fujimura/Yukadon, for Suzaku it's Mizuha/Yamada Tarou - he streams at the same account as MoV, TokyoSou, his cfn.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"robhal"

That tracks. I remember the Rage Chun Li costume but forgot Du had that too.
But you still should HAVE to tell consumers that rather than showing off the version nobody is allowed to have on your website.
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

@"FvckBringeR"
Bro, you are like a walking encyclopedia for pro player reference, as you seems to know everything Big Grin

@"sleepy_scrub"
By "false advertising on Capcom's website", you mean this one, right? Indeed you are right here, if they show something like that (one Birdie costume with two different hairstyles), ofc people will assume they gonna need to use the code to switch hairstyle, but unfortunately it wasn't the case as the costume code only take off the jacket.

If my memory isn't wrong, I recall there was no such controversy with NuckleDu's Guile costume because Capcom never showed the version with Du's nametag.

@"addysun" ah I see... you really got some wise tips Smile
[Image: source.gif]
DeviantArt:https: //www.deviantart.com/lukemonxd
[+] 1 user Likes LukemonXD's post

(08-08-2018, 09:09 AM)robhal Wrote: @"sleepy_scrub"
By "false advertising on Capcom's website", you mean this one, right? 

Precisely. Ah well, over it now. I legit feel bad for people who spent money on this and didn't get what they wanted. (It's Birdie, so I doubt that's many people, but still).

I know it's redundant, but every single time I have a new big update, I have weird messages displayed instead of some titles in the game...
I tried to disable all mods, manually and with SFV Mod Manager like I did the last time, still the same issue. I tried to remove the Engine.ini file in AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor like I did the last time, still the same issue... I think I'm missing something but what can I do now Huh Huh Huh

@"MiChOcO"
If you always use the "manual copy to Paks\~mods folder" install method, always remember to check the Paks folder for "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file each time the game is updated and delete it from there.

@"robhal" Thank you so much, I knew it was a little something that I was missing. I need to pin your reply so I won't forget next time Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes MiChOcO's post

so i've been reading some stuff about mods breaking with the latest update and would like to ask, how many ppl are having issues with their mods on the new version?
haven't updated my game bcus of this and was wondering if i should (dont really care about sagat or G anyway)

Happy patch day, PMM seems to be working again as expected.
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post