Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The MvCI Thread

Since we don't have a sub-forum yet for this game thought I'd get some discussions going until then. Anyone here getting the game at release or close, and if so who are you planning to play?

I'm really liking what I see from Gamora and will be adding either Zero or X to her team depending on who's the most fun and easy to pick up. As for Infinity Stones I'm not so sure, but I'm thinking Space one would be cool with its Seth vacuum type ability and that space storm prison.

Not having to pick assists anymore just really makes this a lot more interesting than MvC3 ever was to me since now every team should be viable and not just some compositions.
[+] 4 users Like Firkraag's post

I'm picking the game up on both PC and PS4. That Chun statue has me by the balls, lol no surprises but I'll be playing Chun and Dante, but Hawkeye, both Captains, Jedah and Gamora have my interest. As for Infinity stone, I'm thinking of keeping it simple with power or time
[Image: ccNopgB.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Darth Jazza's post

@"Firkraag" @"Darth Jazza"
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game. I pre-paid and got the collector's edition, lol. Every game that comes out I always use Chun-Li and I like the new combos she has in MVCI. My teams from the previous were Chun-Li, Morrigan and Lei Lei(Hsien-Ko) and then I had Zero, Wesker and Haggar. This time around I'll start with Chun-Li and Morrigan then follow up with X and Zero. The new characters like Jedah look cool to experiment with.
[Image: chun_li_forum_signature_by_arpeejajo-d5l11b8.png]
[+] 1 user Likes ShodaiDerio's post

I might be an anomaly in the majority but I am not going to give easy cash to Capcom this time, SFV was lackluster in start specially if you consider it was an 80$ game with season pass, it's getting better over time but it was an incomplete game and Capcom is still ignorant enough to fix some visible issues so I am going to wait and see how it turns out, if it will be good then I'll get it otherwise I'll stick to SFV.

My biggest letdown is none of the X-Men characters (my favorite is Wolverine with his "Berserker Barrage X" and "Weapon X" super combos) appear in the game. Atm I don't own the game, maybe will buy it when in cheap price later or just playing the cracked game first (if it is got cracked ofc).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

I hope Capcom learns some lessons from the overall feedback from SFV. MVCI definitely needs to feel like a full game. I'm eagerly awaiting getting my hands-on impressions.

Well from what I've seen from the pros like Justin Wong, Fchamp, IFCYipes and LI Joe people who already have the full game and are allowed to stream it (provided that they stick to training and verses mode) it seems like a worthwhile purchase even with Australian prices lol.

While I dont particularly care for most of the characters cut due to Fox owning the movie rights I still hope they'll make it in later. To me it all depends how Black Panther plays if he's his own character and not just a Wolverine clone.

@"Darth Jazza"
True, the pros in the FGC are all for the game showing off its potential with the technical stuff to be a solid fighter. And for casual players it has story mode and arcade mode. Too bad about missing characters due to Fox Studios and I wish too that they'll make it in later.
[+] 1 user Likes ShodaiDerio's post

At this point the only thing that can negatively affect my opinion of the game is if the netcode is trash as that will keep the game alive and interesting.

I don't wanna shit on anybody's hype for the game but I'll probably grab it later when the price drops and the characters I actually wanna play show up as DLC. I'm conflicted, Capcom seems to be saving all of the interesting characters for DLC. Probably a smart business move but sucks for the consumer.

If through some miracle it ends up being easy to mod I may grab it just to help deal with some of these busted ass character models. How are you messing up Ryu and Chun Capcom? Copy paste from SFV, how hard is this, lol.
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"

Gonna give credit where it's due Chun's face in SFV is amazing, it would have been great if they copy pasted SFV models so Chun would have turned out beautiful but looks like they are going with low poly low detailed models here. Even after the improvements they did recently it's far from her SFV face

Show ContentSpoiler:

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post

(09-12-2017, 04:17 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: I might be an anomaly in the majority but I am not going to give easy cash to Capcom this time, SFV was lackluster in start specially if you consider it was an 80$ game with season pass, it's getting better over time but it was an incomplete game and Capcom is still ignorant enough to fix some visible issues so I am going to wait and see how it turns out, if it will be good then I'll get it otherwise I'll stick to SFV.

That's my case so I'm not sure about being the anomaly, though most people say I am one, lol.

Kidding aside, that's really my case, I do like Capcom as a whole, but I've been pretty discontent these last few years with them. And the two last installment, RE7 and SFV being expensive as hell and not being complete - RE7 will have another dlc to tell important things of the story - and we all know about SFV, so I don't think I'll be getting the game any time soon in the fear that I'm goinf to waste money on something that I won't like and regret it.

Though I'm having a hard time in not getting upset about not having that Chun statue. Lucky me I have other ones, lol.

Gameplay wise, I have nothing against atm, and hopefully the game is well balanced. And being who I am, I'd play Chun, Morrigan like in the others, and to complete Chris.
-
At least you put that hellish thing under spoilers, so I'm the one at fault for knowing better, but not being able to help and clicking anyway, lol.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]

@"BrutalAce"
The first time I saw Chun-Li's face in MVCI I was in a deep panic like the world ended! They tried to improve on it recently which I'm okay with for now but Chun-Li's face in SFV is really beautiful for sure.

@"FvckBringeR"
My main thing with Capcom and other game companies is please release a complete game to the best of their ability. I don't mind DLC but as an extra bonus optional content. I think games that have attention to detail during the production process and thought of the fan base with passion can do so much to be a memorable experience.

@"FvckBringeR"

Oh don't get me wrong, I am also a fan of Capcom that's why I usually stick with Street Fighter franchise as a modder because I love it but I like to give them some tough love when they are doing wrong. SFV as whole is great with amazing ideas but their execution was sloppy and they rushed the game despite putting an expensive price tag on it. I hope MvCI won't follow this trend but I am not taking chances this time.

@"ShodaiDerio"

That's probably the ugliest Chunli face in her entire history which tells you Capcom is going down the hill in artistic sense. They improved her which is good but if you look at other characters like Morrigan she also doesn't look as good as she should be, low quality work is pretty clear despite having the powerful Unreal Engine which is capable of amazing visuals, they should have done better after gaining some engine experience from SFV.

All developers these days should use CDPR as prime example of how games should be developed and what a DLC should feel like.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
That's why I had a friend gift this game to me so my hands are clean haha, now I just hope it will be great.

@EU
If anyone here is a European player and going to play this on PC consider joining our local MvCI - EU Steam group on Discord. Just for a place to more easily find matches without having to ask which platform or region someone's on:
https://discord.gg/nSmBC69