Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

Thanks @"BrutalAce" I really appreciate it Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Bloody Rain's post

@"BrutalAce"
Bro, since you had done this before with Juri C1, I gonna ask you instead. Is there a possibility that Sakura C3 also has that same latex bodysuit too (shown below)?
Show ContentSpoiler:

Because it looks similar like what Capcom did with Juri.

@"robhal"

Actually bro no because if you see Juri's C1 then she has the cleavage shape so in her case Capcom just painted that body part as black but in case of Sakura there is no cleavage shape so it's a flat mesh, I have to make her body shape.

Show ContentSpoiler:

I know there is already a nude mod for her from Sega but I'll make my own to use in these mods and other future mods, I won't be surprised if someone else will do this before me since everyone is modding her so fast but I'll take my time Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
Ah yes bro, now that I take a good look again at the picture in my previous post, it's surely different than Juri's case. Anyway bro since you have already stated the vast difference between Juri and Sakura's case, I also don't expect the fix will come soon especially from you because I understand the difficulty and also since the person I asked is you bro (the type of modder who put quality first over everything else).

Btw, I don't want to discredit any modder from my writing above (hope they won't wrongly understand what I said); everybody have their own style (in term of modding and everything else too), some can be fast while still producing something remarkable, some take their time to produce something as perfect as possible, there are some that can be balanced too. The point is everyone has their own unique style.
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

All right,I have updated stage icons for all of my stage mods,please revisit each stage mod on DA for new download link
I am full aware that some of my stage mod doesn't receive any attention but that doesn't discourage me from updating every mods
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Monkeygigabuster's post

Hey all,

Q: Working on a Necali mod, but he's invisible during certain story scenes where he's supposed to be all melty. (I.E., Nash's general story intro, Certain points during final battle w/Ryu).
@"THEJAMK" 's Orochi Iori mod doesn't have the same problem. Guessing I missed something in the hex-edit face after I cooked everything out. Anybody seen this before?

@"sleepy_scrub"

I don't think I faced this with Necalli Ogre mod. Did you changed physics file ?

@"BrutalAce"

AHHHH, I see what it is. 
Necali's Physics Asset is actually NOT named NCL_01_PhysicsAsset. First character I've seen who has that!
Instead he has Physics_Normal and Physics_Metamor.uasset.
So my mesh was obviously referencing to an NCL_01_PhysicsAsset.uasset  file that wasn't there. (Surprised it worked at all in that situation). 

Adding my own PhysicsAsset file (just kinematic everything) fixed the problem.
[Image: giphy.gif]

So I'm guessing your options are make your own PhysicsAsset so it references to the Mesh properly or rename your physics asset to NCL_01_Physics_Normal...? (I'll try that later I think). 

You pointed me in the right direction, thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

Hi guys, new to SFV modding, I didn't want to make this post just yet as I have been trying to figure out how to mod by simply reading about on my own. My current goal is simple texture manipulation for now, more specifically, specular maps. I've spent hours looking around on these forums as well as other sites and watching youtube tutorial videos, although most of those videos seems to be well beyond the current scope of what I'm personally trying to achieve.

What I've currently learned:
  • How to unpack the SFV paks and a basic understanding of the file structure
  • Using Umodel to export a .uasset to .tga
  • Saving a modded .tga in Photoshop as .dds using Nvidia dds plugin
  • Injecting .dds into .uasset using this guide: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=57
  • Using u4pak to re-pack the .uasset as a .pak file for easy use in a mod manager
I used these steps to try and attempt to mod an SRMA file for Sakura to see what the effects would be, but once I get in game this is always the end result:

Show ContentSpoiler:

So as of right now I'm completely stumped. I've searched all over for a reason and/or solution as to why this is occurring and I cannot find anything, other than making sure I'm saving the .dds as DXT5. I feel daft because I know I am probably doing something really simple, really wrong. Sorry if that was a bit of a mouthful.
[+] 1 user Likes Zur's post

@"BrutalAce"
Yo, you said you've manually fixed the eyelenses on a lot of your mods? 
What was the fix specifically? 
Do I have to rename Xxx_eyelens to CMN_EYELENS or something?
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"
You just need to include the original eyelens file (from original SFV, before they get deleted in SFVAE) into your mod folder, that's it (no rename or hex-editing anything),

If by any chance you don't have the files from original SFV anymore, you can get them from here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3b0m7a6w9...7+Chars.7z
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(01-22-2018, 09:54 AM)robhal Wrote: @"sleepy_scrub"
You just need to include the original eyelens file (from original SFV, before they get deleted in SFVAE) into your mod folder, that's it (no rename or hex-editing anything),

If by any chance you don't have the files from original SFV anymore, you can get them from here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3b0m7a6w9...7+Chars.7z

I see. So solution is to include the EyeLens material.

@"Zur"
On SRMAs: 
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/sing...t=11540300
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

(01-22-2018, 11:02 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Zur"
On SRMAs: 

Thanks, but I have trouble accessing most pages on that site, I get a "deceptive site ahead" warning, if I try to bypass that I get "this site can't be reached" or "the connection was reset", I've even tried using a proxy to get around it to no avail.

(01-22-2018, 12:33 PM)Zur Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 11:02 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Zur"
On SRMAs: 

Thanks, but I have trouble accessing most pages on that site, I get a "deceptive site ahead" warning, if I try to bypass that I get "this site can't be reached" or "the connection was reset", I've even tried using a proxy to get around it to no avail.

@"Zur"
No problem, I'll copy-paste it for you.
Original Post (from Bloody Rain):
Hey guys, I've been doing some studies with the SRMA maps to figure out how colors affect the materials.

We already know (thanks to guys like unclefestor and PFunk) that RGB "Purple" (255,0,255) translates to "metal-ness". And PFunk went over what the acronym could mean But I wanted to find out more so I did this to Chun-li's dress:

[Image: z25OYfc.jpg?1]

Here what I did to the SRMA map for the experiment:

[Image: P0Of9sD.jpg]

Just as PFunk said, it seems that the RGB colors equate to effect as follows:

Red = Specular

Green = Roughness

Blue = Metalness

Alpha = Ambient Occlusion (we knew this already, but listed for completeness)

This is why "Purple" makes a reflective metal, because it's both maximum specular gloss AND maximum metal.

Blending between these colors foster different effects when you know which way the ranges go:

Red: 0-255 (least specular - most specular)

Green: 0-255 (least rough - most rough)

Blue: 0-255 (least metal - most metal)

Sorry if this has already been discovered, but I couldn't find anymore detail on this so I decided to explore. And I thought that a visual would help explain it better.

EDIT: If you look at Chun-li's legs, you'll see that they can only get glossy, but never metallic. This is because here legs use a SSS shader, which is incompatible with metallic properties.
[End post]

Not sure what's going haywire with your SRMA. If something's wrong with the .DDS -> Text injector workflow you could try download Unreal Engine and cooking out your asset.  What are you trying to do exactly?
[+] 2 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"
Thanks for posting it here, that confirms what I had read elsewhere about how the SRMA file works. No idea why that site won't work on my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer), but I suddenly just had the thought to try it on my phone, and it works find on the chrome app I have on there, odd.

Anyway, the messed up textures happens regardless of any edits I make, so I think I'm either not saving the file with the correct settings, or I have misunderstood how to inject a .dds file properly.

These are my .dds save settings:
Show ContentSpoiler:

If I understood the .dds injecting guide properly, what I did was copy all the data in the .dds from the offset "00000080" down, go to the .uasset, look where the data starts, for Sakura's SRMA (CT_Z26_01_SRMA_01.uasset) it appears to be offset "00000370", delete all the data from that offset down, except "C1 83 2A 9E" at the end, then paste what I had copied from the .dds into the .uasset, then delete the last 4 hexadecimals which are something like "05 05 05 05" so they are replaced with "C1 83 2A 9E". Initially I didn't delete the last 4 hexadecimals which would make the game crash whenever Sakura's 3D model appeared in game.

As for what I'm trying to do exactly, just change the material look of the textures, like shown in that example of Chun-Li.