Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to pack a mod into a .pak file

Video by ilovesfv

Alternate download link for u4pak: https://mega.nz/#!sE4n1TaR!kE7cvzLPEku5g...t7iYgIDIt0

NOTE: since the video is gone, here is the text instruction instead (by @KrizmKazm)
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...43#pid3943

The video no longer exists.. I can exctract pak but I can't seem to work out how to repak them.. Sad

@"SUPERVERITECH"
Usually you gonna have more reliable result if you copy the mod folder (the one you drag into the "DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE-SFV" bat file) into the u4pak folder first.

(01-02-2018, 12:58 PM)SUPERVERITECH Wrote: The video no longer exists.. I can exctract pak but I can't seem to work out how to repak them.. Sad

To make a mod a PAK file:

1.)  Copy u4pak.exe into the root of a specific mod's folder (which should include the StreetFighterV/Content/Chara.. folders).

[Image: ofEmCb0.jpg]

2.)  Hold SHIFT > Right Click any empty space in that folder > Open Command Prompt (or Open PowerShell, something similar ie; a command prompt).

3.)  Type cmd, hit Enter.

4.)  Type u4pak.exe pack name_of_mod.pak StreetFighterV, hit Enter.

You should now have a PAK version of the mod in that same root folder.
[+] 6 users Like KrizmKazm's post

@robhal
heelo need help
I recently installed W10 and I want to make .pak files but I do not recognize the u4pak but I try to install it. What I can do?
please
[Image: 00_by_siegfried129-dbo5o3p.gif]

@"siegfried129"
I don't use Win10 so I am not sure, but it maybe caused by Windows Defender (the built-in antivrus program from Windows) blocks the u4pak program as it probably classifies the u4pak as malware (it's false alarm).

i need help i have a MM Street Fighter V folder with a mod in it, but i dont necessarily know the name of the mod. i'm trying to use the u4pak method in powershell by just using the name of the folder i have it in, but its not working. what can i do? @robhal

u4pak.exe pack nameoffolder.pak StreetFighterV

isnt working

i pasted the upak exe in the right place and the street fighter v folder has the content folder inside of it

@"D.R.E."
Sometimes the u4pak program doesn't work properly with the mod folder with long path, so make sure the path is not too long such as "C:\u4pak" (no quote ofc) and usually it's better if you copy/move the mod folder you want to pak into the u4pak folder (the example earlier). So in your case, the path is gonna be like this: "C:\u4pak\[mod folder] (any name is okay)\StreetFighterV\.." (again, no quote).

got it to work thx!1

@"D.R.E."
Not familiar with PowerShell as I never use it, but have you tried using the regular command prompt (cmd) instead?

they are one in the same on windows 10

ppwershell = cmd window

@"D.R.E."
Oh, don't know that as I still use Windows 7 and in here CMD and Power Shell are separate. Anyway, I can't think of other things atm that can help you so I am sorry, maybe someone with Win10 can help you later.

(10-20-2019, 02:57 AM)D.R.E. Wrote: i need help i have a MM Street Fighter V folder with a mod in it, but  i dont necessarily know the name of the mod. i'm trying to use the u4pak method in powershell by just using the name of the folder i have it in, but its not working. what can i do? @robhal

u4pak.exe pack nameoffolder.pak StreetFighterV

isnt working

i pasted the upak exe in the right place and the street fighter v folder has the content folder inside of it

I was just running through the process I noted above, and got an error when I typed the:
u4pak.exe pack KrizmKazm-Poison-C1.pak StreetFighterV

So I first typed cmd, then Hit Enter.  THEN, typed:
u4pak.exe pack KrizmKazm-Poison-C1.pak StreetFighterV

and it worked.  Try that if you're still having trouble.  I also updated my instructions above with this info.

Hello,

I have someone making a mod for me and they are having an issue where they repack the uasset file into a pak file but once its finished the pak file is Zero KB. Anyone know what that reason would be? Please let me know, thank you.

Thatibukikid

@"thatibukikid"
It's either the name is too long or the name contains some unique character (such as the "&' sign).