Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average

Custom Skins/Models

(11-20-2017, 11:49 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: Well I think Juri needs most attention right now, I don't mind if Chunli gets a few costumes here and there and I definitely don't mind her getting a buff patch but seriously 6 costumes in short amount of time gave me WTF expression, it's fine if they are going to make money from DLC but at least produce some variety in character selection rather than milking a single character over and over. I am just bitching around but I don't understand she getting 3 costumes, it would have been much better if she, Juri and/or Laura/Ibuki would have got one each, that would be a better presentation of new DLC.

Now that Chun has her Alpha costume I have a feeling the onslaught of Chun costumes will slow down or stop outright and they'll focus on characters who are lacking. Although if she gets major buffs next year and the tier whores return to her who knows how the costume release schedule will go because if she's getting this many outfits after being practically abandoned it's because they are selling so if she's significantly stronger with AE then the train might not stop. Praise the Chun-Li costume designers at Capcom.
[Image: ccNopgB.jpg]

@"Darth Jazza"

A friend of mine told me that he saw a sales slide that Capcom accidentally showed at an event (forgot where exactly) and it showed Laura and Juri costumes selling the most so I don't know the reason why Chun is getting a whole wardrobe, in any case it gives me more reason to focus else where.

@"robhal"

Sorry for making it off topic bro, part of the reason is that my mood was really bad yesterday. The fall Windows 10 update screwed most of my software and I had to install them again with the pain of removing existing ones manually. Back to business now.

@BrutalAce Then it must be to make up for Capcom going overboard when it comes to Chun nerfs after saying they wouldn't nerf the top tiers too dramatically mid way through last year and then proceeding to push her down a flight of stairs with the Season 2 patch.

@"BrutalAce" no it's fake, i think i heard it from the same person, but that "slide" is "lost" lol. Capcom is business company, if Chun get's more costumes, it's only because she sells.
Chun-li needS mods... typed too fast.

@"Darth Jazza"

The nerfs came because this game is surrounded by drama queens, first they butchered Nash then Ryu then Chunli then tried their best to butcher Mika but she survived somehow and next is maybe Laura, everyone just want their character to shine while others should suck, their "Feedback" doesn't help Capcom to balance the game, it just make it less fun to play and characters boring to watch.

@"ChunLiNeedMods"

It could be, I am not relying on his word just saying that more character variety would be good.

@BrutalAce Hopefully Capcom has learned not to cave into the drama queens when it comes to balance and the mid-season patch give me hope for that seeing as they didn't go overboard on Urien, Balrog and Laura then. Because as much as I've hated watching Urien and Balrog's shenanigans and being caught in Laura's mixup blender this season I don't want fans of those three characters to get the Chun, Ryu and Nash treatment.

But I think I've derailed the modding thread long enough with this game balance tangent so I'm going to go back to talking about the mods.
[+] 1 user Likes Darth Jazza's post

(11-20-2017, 08:52 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: Those look pretty good but once again three freaking costumes for Chunli and one for Cammy really ?, Capcom need to balance their costume distribution and I need to drop Chunli modding for good amount of time, she don't need any more mods Rolleyes

I know how you feel, as much as I love her, this treatment is kind of unfair to the other characters/players, but we've seen Capcom is not the queen of balance "lately". In every way.
Although these costumes will be available on January 18th, two days after the AE release, so about two months until then, but your work (and the others' as well, of course) is better than Capcom's to me, therefore I really don't care that much about what costume they will release.

Usually I think more costume=more slots=more mods. Big Grin

@Darth Jazza
I hope they won't be nerfed any further, but who knows, let's keep the fingers crossed.

EDIT:
Nevermind, the new costumes will be available on November 29th (for my birthday, lol), my mistake, but nonetheless this doesn't change what I think.
[Image: chunlisign_zero77.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Z3R0-77's post

@"BrutalAce"
Don't worry bro, little off-topic discussion in any thread is fine. I see, that's why I still don't trust Win10 and continue to rely on my old-yet-usable Win7 till now.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"Darth Jazza"
@"Z3R0-77"

I replied you guys on General discussion thread if you like to continue there Smile

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=27&page=4

@"robhal"

Well other than this update Win 10 worked fine for me bro, all small updates also go smooth but every time Microsoft bring a big update it breaks something, this time it was worse as pretty much all my software stopped working including big ones like 3DSMax and Photoshop, had to manually remove them and then reinstall...

Shaman Menat

[DOWNLOAD] --- [PATREON]

My first mod for the story costume. ^_^ After this I'm going to be taking a break from Menat for a little while. I have a poll on my Patreon page for the next Juri mod I'll be working on, so put in a vote if you get the chance!

[Image: sha_menat___sfv_pc_mod_by_tanooki128-dbufyjb.jpg]

@"TaNooki" really nice mod man,love all of your combine mod
I'm a little bit curios,how did you add Dhalsim hair and cloth to Menat without losing animation
I might want to add Bison Cape to other character by myself so hope you don't mind explain your method to me

@"Kira Kuin"

Thanks! I could really go on forever making remix mods for Menat, but I have to control myself and give love to other characters now, lol! Big Grin

I used the physics asset for Dhalsim's battle costume to animate the hair and cloth. Things like skirts and capes are not usually rigged to bones, so they aren't affected by regular physics. Dhalsim's cloth is an exception because it is rigged to bone armature already. You'll have to use a different method than what I did; either rigging the cape yourself and making a new physics asset, or using APEX physics (I haven't learned either atm).
[+] 1 user Likes TaNooki's post

@"TaNooki"
That's really cool man, good job!
[Image: chunlisign_zero77.jpg]

(11-22-2017, 05:11 AM)TaNooki Wrote: @"Kira Kuin"
I used the physics asset for Dhalsim's battle costume to animate the hair and cloth. 
That's very insightful,I just have one more question:besides using donor physics asset,which FBX did you use for your Menat mod ?(Menat,Dhalsim or just simply combine  two FBX into one)

Looking forward to see your future mod too

@"Kira Kuin"
The base for this mod is Menat's story costume. I deleted everything from Dhalsim's Battle Costume that I didn't want, resized it to fit Menat's body and then merged the two meshes. Well... That's the heavily simplified version anyway ^_^; If there's any specific points about it you wanted to see, it might be better to show it in a video.

Thanks man, there'll be lots more to come as I keep learning!