Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"Leonaura"

well that's unlucky for @robhal. seems like there is always some kind of exception stopping him from getting his no pom poms..

well I tried to see If I could get 2 code combinations working by using the data asset files from Urien's Donovan costume since that costume has hair toggle with UP+LK+3P and thong toggle with LP+MK+HP, but the LP+MK+HP code didn't work, only the hair toggle UP+LK+3P worked. so I guess the LP+MK+HP only works on Urien, or I messed up somewhere.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"
@"Leonaura"
Thank you very much for all the explanations, really appreciate those and truly you guys are one of the best in here Smile
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

(09-09-2020, 03:14 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Leonaura" 

well that's unlucky for @robhal. seems like there is always some kind of exception stopping him from getting his no pom poms..

well I tried to see If I could get 2 code combinations working by using the data asset files from Urien's Donovan costume since that costume has hair toggle with UP+LK+3P and thong toggle with LP+MK+HP, but the LP+MK+HP code didn't work, only the hair toggle UP+LK+3P worked. so I guess the LP+MK+HP only works on Urien, or I messed up somewhere.

I didn't know Donovan had two codes Dodgy Maybe it's something related to the DA_Z14_Costume_06?

Another mystery to the drawer, like the relation between Nadeshiko and R.Mika costumes~ We'll find out that at some point, I suppose Undecided
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

@"Robhal"

You're welcome, sorry we couldn't figure out how to bypass those issues.

@"leonaura"

Urien has the thong code on almost every costume. His Donovan and gill costume have the regular code aswell, but the gill one is just sort of a half naked, like a inbetween of the default and thong, while Donovan is actually 2 different options. His wesker costume has the regular code, but not the thong code.

It's also possible to have both codes activated by using one of the codes in round 1, and the other code in round 2 allowing for 4 variations of the costume. Not sure if it's possible to get both working in round 1 though.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"bbb"
No problem bro, already very appreciate all the efforts.

And @"Leonaura" as well:
I want to add some info about Urien's thong code. It only can be activated before round 1 begin (probably it's because Urien has the special intro animation related to his thong costumes), can't be activated in round 2 and so on (unlike the regular easter egg costume code).

@"bbb" @"robhal"

Big Grin I had never noticed animation (I have 650 hours on SFV, and had never used his second code). I just saw it. It's pretty cool.

That mean we can swap a character to Urien's slot and try to use those two easter eggs. It's a lot of effort (making a mod, swap it to Urien and create the two easter eggs), but every character would look awesome with that fire explosion (AND BOOM... LEWD MOD).

Is there anyway to swap that animation file, by the way? I know that we can swap the face animations files (or disable them, something useful for the extra characters). I remember that I tried to swap other moves, and barely worked but maybe the animation file is connected to Urien's MaterialPreset, so that could work.

Apart from that, I didn't know this either, but I'm working on something new, and I realised that we can create a mod to see a different costume (or a different character) in the selection screen. Maybe someone has mentioned it in a tutorial, although I don't remember reading or seeing it. 

Basically, some of the in-game costumes includes one additional file in the mesh folder: XXX_XX_PreView (or Preview, either way). If you look into the DA_XXX_PreviewCostume_XX (DataAsset folder), you can read an additional line: /Game/Chara/XXX/SkelMesh/XX/Mesh/XXX_XX_Preview. The game reads that file and show that XXX_XX_PreView mesh.

Just six costumes include this file: Sakura's C6 (CPT), Rashid's C5 (Viewtiful Joe), Karin's C4 (Swimsuit), Chun-Li's C12 (Wedding Dress), Chun-Li's C11 (Pijama) and Alex's C4 (Halloween).

The most comfortable to use are Sakura's C6, Alex's C4 and Karin's C4, because you have to change only one code (Z26, ALX and KRN).

This would be useful to avoid some clipping on the selection screen (with that method, we may can fix Ken's hair piercing his shoulder on his default costume), or, for example, to see one size on the selection screen without actually modify the size of the model in-game.

Again, maybe you already knew this... but I found it interesting to share.

@"Leonaura"

it's a reference to Uriens SF3 intro

[Image: urien-intro.gif]

haven't tried animation swapping so I am not sure.

only a few costumes use that preview mesh files because i think with out it, those costumes would have something weird looking in the select screen, so a separate mesh was made to hide the issue
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"Leonaura"
And now you know that unique intro Wink

About swapping animation files, not sure for that, but recently I saw this twitter post from @"Killbox" that he can swap VFx and give it a different index ID, so maybe the way can also work for attempting to swap that Urien's unique intro animation file to someone?
https://twitter.com/Killbawx/status/1301033287750647808

And about the DataAsset preview file that has reference to the separate preview only mesh file and how we can use such thing to attempt fixing some clipping issue (like Ken's hair), well I certainly want that too especially for Ken, but unfortunately we have another issue to deal with. In some costumes (eg. Ken's C1) they don't even have the DataAsset preview file thus the game will always use the regular "DA_XXX_Costume_YY" file to display the 3D model in char select screen.

(09-10-2020, 02:49 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Leonaura"

it's a reference to Uriens SF3 intro

[Image: urien-intro.gif]

haven't tried animation swapping so I am not sure.

only a few costumes use that preview mesh files because i think with out it, those costumes would have something weird looking in the select screen, so a separate mesh was made to hide the issue

Yes, the ones I mentioned. All the characters have that Preview_Costume (and, since maybe those meshes were made to hide something, those could be useful for us), but those six characters have another mesh. This should work (I remember do this with Chun-Li), but, for any reason, it doesn't work on Juri (i'm working with her).

I tried to swap just the preview file to Alex, and it worked. That costume displays Juri with my mod. So... maybe this is only related to that specific folder (same with the other characters), and not the character. That information has to be encoded somewhere (like the Nadeshiko and Mika thing Sad That still bothers me).

(09-10-2020, 02:50 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Leonaura" 
And now you know that unique intro Wink

About swapping animation files, not sure for that, but recently I saw this twitter post from @"Killbox" that he can swap VFx and give it a different index ID, so maybe the way can also work for attempting to swap that Urien's unique intro animation file to someone?
https://twitter.com/Killbawx/status/1301033287750647808

And about the DataAsset preview file that has reference to the separate preview only mesh file and how we can use such thing to attempt fixing some clipping issue (like Ken's hair), well I certainly want that too especially for Ken, but unfortunately we have another issue to deal with. In some costumes (eg. Ken's C1) they don't even have the DataAsset preview file thus the game will always use the regular "DA_XXX_Costume_YY" file to display the 3D model in char select screen.

He's the expert on the SFV's animation, so he'll probably can provide us some help Angel

But, about Ken, that's a problem. The GameEngine read the DA_XXX_Costume_XX, the DA_XXX_CostumeColorPreview_XX and the DA_XX_PreviewCostume_XX.
Maybe it works if we take the DA_XXX_Costume_XX from any of those characters (Alex, Sakura, Rashid...) and move it to Ken's DataAsset... I don't know, I'm tired to think for now (too many hours and it's too late for me) xD

Hope we'll find something about this.

Thank you both by the way!

@"Leonaura"

could be useful for seth. I remember wanting to make her smaller, but i didn't want the select screen to look weird, so I didn't bother. but I guess with this trick it won't be an issue.

as for the Nadeshiko costumes, I tried looking into it before but couldn't find any references for it. I am assuming it might be an exe thing, which isn't good.

@"sleepy_scrub"

forgot you were asking about this, found this out when i was modding custom easter egg code.

you can connect an entry in the customization setting to a material by editing this hex

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

that red hex tells it which material the colour above is for. the hex variable is the order that material is in (counting from 0 and in hex values, meaning the 10th material would be 0A) so if the material is the seventh material (counting from 0) you put 07, if its 12, you put 0C, and so forth.

so you can check that part that wasn't getting coloured and see if it has the correct material number.

Does anyone know how to fix this physics jitters in the hair? It seems to be jittering for no reason.

https://i.imgur.com/WwCS8Ui.mp4

EDIT - I gave up and just removed 2 of the tails, so its okay now.

(09-13-2020, 06:55 PM)bbb Wrote: Does anyone know how to fix this physics jitters in the hair? It seems to be jittering for no reason.

@bbb

I haven't done physics in a while, but it's a collision thing, either the hair bones colliding with each other or the shoulders (hair won't really lay flat on the shoulders unless it's using Apex) Hair jitter is actually fairly common even in the official models, especially the early ones. 

I wasn't able to fully solve it last time I did physics, my guess would be to tinker with either turning damping way way up or disabling collisions on certain bones.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"

That's the weird thing, I tested with Collision disabled and turning up dampening, and same thing happened. I think it's just how Capcom rigged the hair. It has one line path of bones for 2 different tails, so both tails animate together, so twist needed to be added to not look weird, which I think caused it because once deleting one of the tails, and left the tail to be animated on its own without twist enabled, it didn't do that. But now that I think about it, I guess I could try just making another bone path for the other tail so I can avoid twist animation.

@"bbb"
It's been a long time since I've messed with physics, so you probably know more than I do.
It's why I always steal physics from other characters.  Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post