Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"robhal" Yeah I looked in the VerXXXX_Steam.pak file but for some reason I only got the "CostumeColorPreview" asset when I extracted it and not the "CustomizeSetting" asset.

@"sleepy_scrub" Thanks a lot bro! ^_^
[Image: menatsignature_bytanooki_by_tanooki128-dbxrhhh.png]
[+] 1 user Likes TaNooki's post

@"TaNooki"
That's weird, maybe you can try the "SF5-Extract" from the download below?
https://mega.nz/file/BNIxRKyB#I2uyqhvFcZ...S0d0IT0v4Q

@"sleepy_scrub"

Thanks Smile , I had forgotten about the mod lol. well I'll get back to it when I finish the gwent mod I'm working on. Smile

Guys, is there any way to find out the skin color for EX1 Cammy? There was a mod that swapped it to color 1 but unfortunately it's gone.

@"allthewaythrough"

you would have to copy and paste it from a hex editor

[Image: 0UXlZWc.png]
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(07-12-2020, 04:09 PM)bbb Wrote: @"allthewaythrough"

you would have to copy and paste it from a hex editor

[Image: 0UXlZWc.png]

Thanks, I got it to work.
[+] 1 user Likes allthewaythrough's post

@"robhal"
About the drm Capcom will add to the game... Do you think it will affect the mods? Or camera script, something like that ? I'm very afraid :/

@"raulzoro"
Ofc I hope nothing is affected, but I can't say anything for now as the patch isn't deployed yet (or maybe the patch had already deployed but Capcom just edited the text in the Steam page to let us know now, see my comment about such theory in the off topic discussion thread).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

From what I've read, this specific DRM blocks memory accessing. This is presumably to prevent cheating during the online CPT (and I guess the Olympics if that's still a thing), and it's consistent with the recent update where CE stopped working and needed a bit of a workaround to continue to function, proving they were working towards something like this.

So, the best-case scenario: Cheat Engine tables will no longer work, and then at some point *maybe* they'll remove the DRM again.

Worst-case scenario... well you can probably imagine. It'd be nice to have years of community work not going to shit.

If the worst scenario happens with the DRM,at least the mod can be played offline after disable DRM
That's the case witth DBFZ and Jump Force modding scene(both game used Easy Anti Cheat )
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]

Here is the answer we need regarding all the discussions about the crackproof drm in SFVCE
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/jul/...tion-time/

Well that's a relief. It's funny how they say they already had DRM but don't confirm how long it's been there. It sure didn't function like it was protected for the last several years. Maybe that update that caused CE to stop working really was it.

Interesting situation. 

Working with the textures from the Poison as Lady costume (C4), saw this when I tried to look at the alpha layer for her hair alpha material:

[Image: poison-transparency.jpg]
Grey and white instead of black and white... could this be VARIABLE hair transparency? For the first time in SF5? 
Sadly my attempts to work with Poison's hair alpha materials have failed so far.   
CM_Z33_04_E19_HairDefaultAlpha won't allow for colorization of any kind (always comes out black) and CM_Z33_04_E18_HairDetachedAlpha always comes out pink no matter what I try or do.

Advice, anyone?

@"sleepy_scrub"

I haven't tried it with that material, but materials have their own colours in it that defaults to if the customize setting file doesn't tell it to be a certain colour.

open the material in a hex editor and search for PDBK§pÜ

little below it, you should see the hex codes for the colours similar to whats in the customize setting file (with the €? at the end of it)

alternatively, you could also just use texture colour by painting the mask texture pure black, then the game will use the color in the color texture.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"bbb"

Interesting. 
That would explain the bright pink i'm getting on HairDetached_Alpha....
Any idea why a material wouldn't be picking up the CustomizeSetting color though? 
HairDefault_Alpha works on Lady in game but try to mod it and you can't color it seemingly no matter what. 
I feel like I had a similar issue with a Hair Alpha material for Blanka...