Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"BrutalAce"

[Image: nQ4Nsgxg.png]

Ok, so if I have a mesh in the Blender, how do I get it from Blender into the game? (like, what's the workflow?)

Does anyone know why when I edit the model of this costume, I get weird cross eyes when she is walking back?

[Image: ErmGPp9.jpg]

EDIT -

It seems the problem is something is wrong with the skeleton when I extracted it because transferring the model to a different skeleton to change the hair no longer has this issue.

I get this message in unreal when updating the model with the original swimwear skeleton

FAILED TO MERGE BONES:

This could happen if significant hierarchical change has been made
- i.e. inserting bone between nodes
Would you like to regenerate Skeleton from this mesh?

***WARNING: THIS WILL REQUIRE RECOMPRESS ALL ANIMATION DATA AND POTENTIALLY INVALIDATE***

Hey, I got a question and would really appreciate the help. So I wanted to put Ryu;s C1 Gloves on Ryu's C3 costume. Could anyone point me towards the right direction to do that? I was thinking it'd work like swapping a costume but with just the gloves instead of the entire coustume but I'm not too sure. Would I have to edit the model itself? Any help is highly appreciated thanks!

https://www.deviantart.com/dantesdt/art/...-823665428

Something like this but just the gloves not the gi itself

If I import into UE4.7.6 an FBX from BrutalAce's character resource, the uasset UE creates is roughly double the size of the uasset the original FBX was made from. Anyone know why that could be? Some setting seems to be creating a ton of extra data in that mesh file, maybe?

I'm sure that I've asked this before, but has anybody figured out how to change Nadeshiko's costume slot?
I assumed the game treated Nadeshiko like a prop (a la Falke's staff or Cody's pipe) and wasn't changeable but there has to be some reference to change it now that they've added a tracksuit costume for her.

Only references I can find to Nadeshko in Mika's files are in her animations, and I can't find any reference to her 02/Mesh that the tracksuit is on. Not sure how the game is setting her up to be honest....

(01-02-2020, 06:03 AM)lettuce Wrote: If I import into UE4.7.6 an FBX from BrutalAce's character resource, the uasset UE creates is roughly double the size of the uasset the original FBX was made from.  Anyone know why that could be? 
@"lettuce"
That's a known issue.
If you're going straight out of the character resource pack you need to scale the models down to .39, that's just how they come out of Umodel.

@"sleepy_scrub"

I'm not sure why, but when I extract the model myself, it has the correct size. Don't know if its my version of umodel or if blender 2.8 imports the psk at the correct size.

also about nadeshko, she has her own character folder NDK. maybe the references come from somewhere in there.

@"sleepy_scrub"
@"bbb"
I also want to know how Nadeshiko can change to her own TrackSuit costume (C2) when R.Mika uses the TrackSuit costume as well. I have checked all files in the Chara\NDK folder and found nothing of 02 file/folder reference in there (except ofc the actual 02 costume files).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

Guess it could be some new file outside the character folder that decides it, or could be an exe thing maybe.

Probably unlikely, but it could also be NDK files that reference the RMK costume.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"bbb"
I gonna try looking in other folders as well, when I have some free time later. And yeah it's might actually the exe is involved because all the track suit costumes are added alongside with the big update from Steam (which usually also includes the updated exe as well).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(01-15-2020, 02:45 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 06:03 AM)lettuce Wrote: If I import into UE4.7.6 an FBX from BrutalAce's character resource, the uasset UE creates is roughly double the size of the uasset the original FBX was made from.  Anyone know why that could be? 
@"lettuce"
That's a known issue.
If you're going straight out of the character resource pack you need to scale the models down to .39, that's just how they come out of Umodel.

@"sleepy_scrub"
I figured it out -- I was looking at the saved uncooked assets rather than the cooked ones deep in that other directory structure, lol.
The .39~-ish number is actually a centimeter-inches conversion.  You can do 1/25.4 in the calculator if you ever forget the exact number.

Another question: how can all characters and skins refer to the same CMN_Skeleton if they all have unique hair/clothing bones with their own physics?

(01-04-2019, 05:11 PM)Ouji Wrote: Guys, I figured out how to import PSK directly into Blender with minimum problems.

Hey,

I'm trying to import psk files into blender but realized there was an issue with it. Whenever I import my a psk in blender, the mod ends up getting weird cross eyes like this

[Image: cml9FO5.jpg] [Image: ErmGPp9.jpg]

I inverted the root bones and deleted the bone groups that you mentioned. Didn't have an issue with the scale or multiple uvs though. Do you know what I am doing wrong to get this problem?

@"bbb" Ngl, Idk why that happens for you. Are you using 2.79 or 2.8? Could be a 2.8 issue.

The scale 'issue' only occurs when someone uses the native FBX export plug-in, but Ace's modified plug-in fixes the issue. In regards to the UVs, it seems to only affect some characters, such as Z21 and Z32.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

@"Ouji"

Tried it with 2.79, 2.8 and 2.81a. the results were the same.

maybe I'm doing something wrong with umodel when extracting? maybe I need to use a specific version of umodel to extract correctly?

I tried it with Feb 14 2016 (git 426) and jan 11 2020 (git 1164)

Hey Guys, how is it going?

I am trying to get into modding SFV but honestly haven't made a dent. Will try to explain.

Been looking for tutorials and I always find bits and pieces but never really made it work.

Right now I just want as a starting point to edit a mesh, just to get started. I remove Ibuki's skirt from the model and import it to UE4 and pack it into a Pak and never displays correctly in game. Sometimes it even crashes the game haha.
What have I tried?

I tried using blender and importing a PSK model, exporting it into UE4 and packing it and that's when sometimes crashes the game.

I downloaded BrutalAce's resource's and when I import it to UE4 and run the game does not crash, but I think the character might be oversised and scrambled as sometimes I see just random polygons and the camera is high up on the stage.

Tried watching Uncle Fester's but seems to be too much for what I am looking for for now. I am actually wanting to edit textures and all that, but first I want to make sure that I can successfully pack a model into the game before going all in.

So what should I do to try this?
This is what I think:
Import FBX from Brutal Ace's resources into blender
Edit it into blender
Import the new FBX into UE4
Do I need to create the folder structure? (Chara, CMN, IBK, SkelMesh, Mesh, Material, Textures)? Do I need to put the textures in there?
And cook the model
Pack the cooked model?

Also I imported it to blender and exported it, imported it into UE3, only shows 3 elements for textures:
Element 0 to 3.

All the tutorials show an element for all the different materials, so Don't know what am I doing wrong Sad