Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Libra of Soul mode at higher difficulty

I've got a few variants of this mod.

Very Hard Libra of Soul
Download link: http://fluffyquack.com/mods/SC6/VeryHardLibraOfSoul.pak

This one changes all fights to same difficulty as Legendary in Versus and Training modes. This makes Libra of Soul very challenging from the get-go, and will probably make the mode take a lot of time to beat (unless you're extremely good at the game). This is the version the video above is showcasing.

Harder Libra of Soul
Download link: http://fluffyquack.com/mods/SC6/HarderLibraOfSoul.pak

This variant changes all Easy and Normal fights to Hard difficulty, and all Hard fights to Very Hard difficulty. This ensures there's never any fight which is ridiculously easy and it makes the late-game stuff a bit harder, but does not affect the difficulty of the hardest fights.

Easy Libra of Soul
Download link: http://www.fluffyquack.com/mods/SC6/EasyLibraOfSoul.pak

This maxes out Libra of Soul difficulty at "Normal" which makes the whole thing much easier.

These mods are based on Libra of Soul with all season 1 characters. The mods might no longer work once season 2 characters get released.

You can use my mod manager to automate the mod install/uninstall process: http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=897
[+] 2 users Like FluffyQuack's post

Thanks for sharing these mods, although I may not use this mod because I am suck in fighting games Big Grin

Btw if I may ask, you can make the harder difficulty mod so maybe is there is a "lower difficulty mod" as well?
Also I want to ask again about possibility to import our own CaS char into Libra of Soul mode, in there any further development for that? Thanks bro in advance Smile

(09-01-2019, 11:01 AM)robhal Wrote: Thanks for sharing these mods, although I may not use this mod because I am suck in fighting games Big Grin

Btw if I may ask, you can make the harder difficulty mod so maybe is there is a "lower difficulty mod" as well?
Also I want to ask again about possibility to import our own CaS char into Libra of Soul mode, in there any further development for that? Thanks bro in advance Smile

Have you played much of Libra of Soul? I found it rather easy unmodded. And Project Soul reduced the difficulty of it back in March.

And no, I haven't looked into replacing the Libra of Soul playable character. It's possible my SC6save tool can replace it if you're in "-bin" mode, but I haven't tested it. I know it is stored the same way as other custom characters, the only difference is that it contains no thumbnail preview (which is why my tool can't export it as PNG).
[+] 1 user Likes FluffyQuack's post

@"FluffyQuack"
I must admit that I haven't played the game further, for LoS mode I only played the tutorial level because I don't like using the default knight character and it gonna be time consuming to make one from scratch (for me atleast, because I don't have much idea about how my LoS should look like, yet). That's why I hold playing the game for now and pretty much looking the possibility to import the CaS char into the LoS mode.

(09-01-2019, 01:14 PM)robhal Wrote: @"FluffyQuack"
I must admit that I haven't played the game further, for LoS mode I only played the tutorial level because I don't like using the default knight character and it gonna be time consuming to make one from scratch (for me atleast, because I don't have much idea about how my LoS should look like, yet). That's why I hold playing the game for now and pretty much looking the possibility to import the CaS char into the LoS mode.

Okay, I finally looked into this.

I had to add support for replacing Libra of Soul character to the tool, but it seems to work just fine. The only downside is that you can't export the Libra of Soul character, only replace.

Here's the recent version of the tool: http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/sc6save.rar

Make a batch file called sc6save-decrypt.bat with this content:
Code:
.\sc6save -decrypt -bin -png %1
PAUSE

Make a batch file called sc6save-encrypt.bat with this content:
Code:
.\sc6save -encrypt -bin -png %1
PAUSE
  • Run sc6save-decrypt.bat
  • Enter the "decrypted\GAME\CREATION-SEM0" directory
  • Delete 01.bin (this would be the libra of soul character for your first savegame)
  • Move over a PNG from one of the other directories and name it 01.png (or you can download a character from here: http://cascards.ajewelofrarity.com/post/list)
  • Run sc6save-encrypt.bat

And that should do it. I suggest running create-backup-of-save.bat once so you have a backup of your savegame in case something went wrong.

@"FluffyQuack"
Okay, I have tested the latest tool and it seems work fine. I can see the default char model (which is the knight, I pick the female gender) replaced by the model from CaS. But the fighting style is still what we choose in the LoS mode, not the fighting style from the CaS char which should be embedded as well in the PNG file. But that issue can be solved with we choose the right fighting style before we decrypt the save files. Then the other issue (not really an issue imo but although it gonna be good if this can be solved) is the portrait pic is still the one we get from LoS mode.

Anyway bro, thanks for updating the savegame tool with the feature to replace the LoS char as well. I gonna play the game more from now on (atleast finishing the LoS mode first) Smile

(09-01-2019, 04:24 PM)robhal Wrote: @"FluffyQuack"
Okay, I have tested the latest tool and it seems work fine. I can see the default char model (which is the knight, I pick the female gender) replaced by the model from CaS. But the fighting style is still what we choose in the LoS mode, not the fighting style from the CaS char which should be embedded as well in the PNG file. But that issue can be solved with we choose the right fighting style before we decrypt the save files. Then the other issue (not really an issue imo but although it gonna be good if this can be solved) is the portrait pic is still the one we get from LoS mode.

Anyway bro, thanks for updating the savegame tool with the feature to replace the LoS char as well. I gonna play the game more from now on (atleast finishing the LoS mode first) Smile

Based on the testing I did (which wasn't much, granted), if you import a custom character the fighting style is defined by the weapon you choose in LoS (which is something you can change whenever by choosing weapon in the menus), but if you import a "regular" character (like Raphael, Mitsurugi, etc) then they're forced to use their normal fighting style.

The portrait thing is something I don't think I can change. I don't know where and how the portrait is stored.

(09-01-2019, 04:24 PM)robhal Wrote: @"FluffyQuack"

About the portrait thing. It's fixable by entering creation mode within LoS. Choose any empty equipment slot, and choose "no item" for it (which means no change), then back out and the game will render a new portrait for the savegame.

@"FluffyQuack"
Nice find bro, now I have even more motivation to play the game. Thank you very much for all the helps Smile