Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mod manager

Download link: http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/modmanager.rar

Basic instructions:
  • Extract modmanager.rar anywhere.
  • Run modmanager.exe once and choose SF5 as game.
  • Move mods into "Games\SF5\Mods" where the mod manager is extracted (if the mods are contained in RAR files, you can simply drag'n'drop them onto the mod manager window).
  • While the mod manager is running, click on "Mod list" to the right, and then click on mods to install or uninstall them. 

Important notes: 
  • Each time the game gets patched, you should uninstall all mods via the mod manager, click on "Re-read game archives", and then you should be good to go to install mods again. If you had any mods while the game got patched, the same steps should work, but you might wanna check file integrity on steam to be on the safe side. 
  • Some people are releasing mods in PAK format. These can be installed via the mod manager (they'll need the directory structure "StreetFighterV\Content\Paks"). But it's not recommended you ever manually place PAK files in the same directory as official PAK files for the game (~mods directory is fine) while also installing mods via mod manager. Some mods in PAK format might not function correctly without manually updating dlc.manifest and moving the patch PAK file.
  • It's recommended you don't have the game installed in "program files" in case Windows refuses read/write access to files there (if you run mod manager as admin, this shouldn't be an issue). 

Here's a sample mod I made which reverts some of the "censored" camera angles for Cammy, Chun-Li, and R.Mika: http://www.fluffyquack.com/mods/SF5/by-f...ameras.rar

The mod manager expects mods to reflect the directory structure of the game itself. Basically, the first directory within any mod would be "StreetFighterV" as this is what the game itself has. You can check my mod as an example.

For mod creators, you can create a "modinfo.ini" with basic information about the mod which will be shown in the mod manager when highlighting the mod. You can also have a screenshot of the mod called screenshot.jpg (can also be png) which will be shown as you highlight the mod. If you want an example, download my mod above and everything should be pretty self-explanatory by looking at how its set up.

The main thread for the mod manager is over at Resident Evil modding forums: http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/507/ - If you want detailed update information for the mod manager, you'll get it there. (The download link in the start of this post will always link to the latest version of the mod manager.)

If people want some detailed information how the mod manager installs mods, here you go:
  • When installing a mod it'll start copying files to where the game is installed. If it finds files in the same location, it'll create a backup of those files before overwriting them (unless they're files copied from another mod installed by the mod manager). 
  • As part of the install process, it'll check if the file's filepath corresponds to any filepath within any of the PAK archives. If it finds a match, it'll invalidate the filepath so the game will fail to find the file within the PAK archives, and load the version outside the PAK archives instead.
  • When uninstalling mods, it does similar steps in reverse. It'll remove modded files (restore a backup if an original file was in the same location), and fix any matching invalidated filepaths in PAK archives.
[+] 3 users Like FluffyQuack's post

additional resource:

[+] 5 users Like KrizmKazm's post

@"FluffyQuack" & @"KrizmKazm" I was using PMM. Now I want to use MM with the same pak files. I've set it up in such a way that the directories are correct and actually copies the files to where they need, but they still don't show up in game. I had uninstalled PMM and deleted the pmm folder in the appdata. I also used the structure StreetFighterV/Content/Paks/name of mod/mod.pak. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, and I do have the MM running in administrative mode. Though, SFV is installed on the C drive and my MM is running from a different drive. Since it's copying fine I don't think this poses a problem, but I still don't get why this isn't working. I think it's something to do with my file path of the mods I'm loading. In the main MM folder with modmanager.exe, it says Games/SF5/modfoldername/StreetFighterV/Content/Paks/modname.pak. Is that right?

Ok, I actually combined what I learned about the ~mods folder method and MM. I just added an extra ~mods folder to each ,pak mod I want to use in MM and put the .pak file in there. Now it works. I didn't realize I needed that ~mods folder in the Paks folder because the description above about pak files doesn't include the ~mods folder as part of the structure directory required for installing them. Sorry for the trouble you guys. Finding out the solution myself. lol

Though it may be a good idea to edit the description for others. The pak mod files don't load at all from just the Paks folder, but the ~mods folder within.
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 

(04-09-2018, 08:21 AM)sonicprogrammer Wrote: @"FluffyQuack" & @"KrizmKazm" I was using PMM. Now I want to use MM with the same pak files. I've set it up in such a way that the directories are correct and actually copies the files to where they need, but they still don't show up in game. I had uninstalled PMM and deleted the pmm folder in the appdata. I also used the structure StreetFighterV/Content/Paks/name of mod/mod.pak. What am I doing wrong?

ModManager does not use PAK files, although I've heard some instances where they do actually work in MM.  If you want to use MM, you'll have to either download the MM versions of those mods, or extract those PAK files using QuickBMS.

Your final mod path should look something like:
Where your Mod Manager is installed / Games / SFV / Mods / (modname) / StreetFighterV / Content / Chara... etc

If this is your first time running MM, before doing anything, you will need to go into Options > Define Game Info and make sure SFV is selected. Then click the 'Re-Read Game Archives' button, then re-enable the mods again and see if that does anything. Sometimes MM just needs to re-read the game structure, particularly after updates, so it is syncing the latest files properly.

[+] 1 user Likes KrizmKazm's post

Thanks @"KrizmKazm"! I have MM working fine with pak files, but will keep QuickBMS in mind if I need to unpack them. Big Grin
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 1 user Likes sonicprogrammer's post

One little note, I updated Mod Manager a couple of months ago to support reading RAR files placed in the mods directory so it's no longer necessary to extract them.

install everything and mods are not detect and dont load also ppm mods load but nothing in the game
thank for advise

Not sure how many people are still using it, but I've done a rather big overhaul of some of the code for the mod manager. The basic usage is still the same, but I fixed a bunch of bugs and it's a lot faster at installing mods. Most of this was mainly done in order to add support for Resident Evil 2, but the changes apply to the mod manager as a whole. I haven't extensively tested the SF5 part of the mod manager after these changes, but everything should still be fully compatible (if something is broken, let me know).
[+] 1 user Likes FluffyQuack's post

@"FluffyQuack"
I think there are still many people who using your MM for installing their SFV mods because the other tool (PMM) is kind of on-or-off these days (depends on how Capcom delivers the game updates, via Steam or via in-game download).

I am also happy to hear (from some gaming news websites) that your MM also support RE2 Remake modding and also have trainer for that game too, although I can't test it atm because I don't have the game yet.

Anyway, thanks for the update bro Smile
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"FluffyQuack" Your MM is my go-to. I appreciate your hard work!
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

I did yet another huge overhaul to the mod manager recently.

The biggest change is very apparent, I re-did the entire UI:
[Image: Modmanager_2019-07-30_23-30-08-020.png]

In addition to that, it has these changes:
  • "Re-read game archives" now scans "AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download\Replacement" for PAK files.
  • A warning will be displayed if currently selected mod will overwrite files from an installed mod.
  • You can now drag'n'drop mods in RAR format onto the mod manager window to add it to the mod list.
  • Scroll bar!
  • Basic mod tagging sytem (which checks for "category=blahblah" in the modinfo.ini file).
  • Added a caching system for the mod list. If you had a lot of mods (for instance, more than 50), it could take several seconds for the mod manager to boot up. Now it's always instant.
  • Mod manager now checks online if a new version is available whenever it boots up.
As with last time, I haven't actually thoroughly tested SF5 support, but it should still be fine. If something is broken, then let me know.

@"FluffyQuack"
Bro, may I ask you to confirm something in my mind? Is it correct to assume that if we use MM to install the pak file for SFV, it's basically EXACTLY THE SAME like we just copy the same pak file to the ~mods folder?

(12-02-2019, 02:01 PM)robhal Wrote: @"FluffyQuack"
Bro, may I ask you to confirm something in my mind? Is it correct to assume that if we use MM to install the pak file for SFV, it's basically EXACTLY THE SAME like we just copy the same pak file to the ~mods folder?

Yeah, for PAK files that's what it does.
[+] 1 user Likes FluffyQuack's post

@"FluffyQuack"
Thanks bro for the confirmation Smile

First of all... Thanks for all your hard work on this, FluffyQuack.
I have one quick request for a future update. It would be great if we could assign an image to a .pak file. Just having a "image" folder in your sfv folder with some logic that if it matches the .pak file name, that image would display. Or even a file like modinfo.ini that holds associations between an image and a file name.
I know you have functionality for when it isn't a pak file, but since a lot of mods come in just pak files, it would be a nice little feature.
Thanks again.