Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FX Artist needs help

Hi guys I came across this forum looking for reference & download packs for SFV FX.
I'm an FX artist & I really like the style of SFV, so to help my studies on how things are made I was looking for
Character models
Basic Costumes textures no mods needed
FX Textures (can these even be extracted?)
All working anims with cameras.

For all characters would be nice but maybe just Bison, Ryu & Ken as their FX I'm hoping to re create.

Anything that would work in3ds Max or Unreal.  Now I know it's a lot to ask, at the mo i'm not even sure all of that can be extracted.
I've downloaded the Character Modding Resource Pack 3.4  but there's not textures & no animations.

Can anyone help offer me maybe just a Bison pack to study?

Thanks loads if anyone can help.
Steve

if you want to do some FX mod, that Character Resource Pack will not help you. you have to extract all the files by yourself. http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=18
use U4Pak, you can extract all the files (about 70GB). then use UModel to convert some uasset files to other file format you can use, like tga, psk.

let me show you the easiest RYU FX mod I've made here, I changed the color of the wind from white to red ("\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\RYU\VFx\Textures\etr_Line01").
now it looks like this :
[Image: wind.gif]

since you're professional, so I'm sure you can do a lot of powerful stuff.
good luck and have fun!
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 
[+] 1 user Likes TiggieWhite's post

(06-27-2019, 04:16 AM)TiggieWhite Wrote: if you want to do some FX mod, that Character Resource Pack will not help you. you have to extract all the files by yourself. http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=18
use U4Pak, you can extract all the files (about 70GB). then use UModel to convert some uasset files to other file format you can use, like tga, psk.

let me show you the easiest RYU FX mod I've made here, I changed the color of the wind from white to red ("\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\RYU\VFx\Textures\etr_Line01").
now it looks like this :
[Image: wind.gif]

since you're professional, so I'm sure you can do a lot of powerful stuff.
good luck and have fun!
I'm not really looking to Mod the game itself just learn how they went about doing the FX then re create them the best I can.  When I know what I'm doing more then maybe I can help some people on here etc.
Sadly the U4Pak isn't available via that link anymore do you know of another one? Actually I think I found it on Gildors page.
Is it against the rules to have a resource of all characters, textures & animation stashed somewhere for everyone to use? [url=https://mega.nz/#!qgVlhY6J!GDveZeu2FhzKwEhpRKG299ugdAr90aCxKNJEy1FDZ-k][/url]

For your example did you just change the colour of the texture or did you change this in Unreal then export it back out into a mod?
So when you have both the model & texture in 3ds Max they won't look like they do in Game as the colours are edited in game right?

Thanks for the helpful reply!

you can extract all the files from the game PAK. but all those files have been cooked ( published ) by Unreal, they can't be used in Unreal. If you want to learn how they exactly work, I think it's quite impossible.
for example, I want to know how they build the materials, but I can't. I can only borrow them, can not create a new material all by myself.
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 

(06-30-2019, 02:30 PM)TiggieWhite Wrote: you can extract all the files from the game PAK. but all those files have been cooked ( published ) by Unreal, they can't be used in Unreal. If you want to learn how they exactly work, I think it's quite impossible.
for example, I want to know how they build the materials, but I can't. I can only borrow them, can not create a new material all by myself.

Even tho they're in an Unreal format .uasset, you can't open them using Unreal?
Why are these guys looking for the Unreal version that works with the unpacked files then?
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=831

@"StevieMac"

I was looking for UE4 to create new uasset files, not for opening existing files. The existing game files are compiled uasset files, you cannot open them in any version of UE4. You can however create new uasset files using UE4 and then use them in game which is what we do.

(07-01-2019, 07:18 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"StevieMac"

I was looking for UE4 to create new uasset files, not for opening existing files. The existing game files are compiled uasset files, you cannot open them in any version of UE4. You can however create new uasset files using UE4 and then use them in game which is what we do.

Thanks [b]BrutalAce [/b]I was hopeful for a bit that we could open them up in Unreal.
So we can convert to obj & textures etc does anyone know if the models used for the FX are in the extracted folders? If so where?

Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes StevieMac's post

@"StevieMac"
Typically people don't just provide the textures at will for people who ask because 1.) you'd have to respond to constant requests and game updates,  and 2.) the unpacked game is 50+ GBs and 3.) you can extract the textures yourself via Umodel.

The start of my tutorial covers getting access to the files if you need help. (I need to update in terms of how to open .pak files with Umodel, but my way will work at least).

In terms of extracting animations, here's the thread from our old forums on that (after you unpack the files):
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mod...tml#p54973

Animations should load in 3DS Max though you may need the ActorX Importer plugin for that to work.

(07-02-2019, 09:40 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"StevieMac"
Typically people don't just provide the textures at will for people who ask because 1.) you'd have to respond to constant requests and game updates,  and 2.) the unpacked game is 50+ GBs and 3.) you can extract the textures yourself via Umodel.

The start of my tutorial covers getting access to the files if you need help. (I need to update in terms of how to open .pak files with Umodel, but my way will work at least).

In terms of extracting animations, here's the thread from our old forums on that (after you unpack the files):
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sfxt_mod...tml#p54973

Animations should load in 3DS Max though you may need the ActorX Importer plugin for that to work.

Thanks sleepy_scrub
I managed to get all the pak files extracted just after I posted.
Thanks for the links on the animation setup I'll be checking them soon.
Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

@"StevieMac"

Your welcome. Unfortunately no the compiled uasset files are kind of stripped down versions of raw uasset files, when the engine compile them it remove all the engine/editor related information from them so if you try to open them up again the engine won't recognize them, on the contrary if you try to open a raw uasset file the engine will quickly recognize it and you will see it in the editor but all game files are compiled, the only way to create raw files is to make your own project and create new files.

By FX you mean those special effects that are shown when the character fire projectiles or the animation that you mentioned in your first post?

(07-03-2019, 06:57 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"StevieMac"

Your welcome. Unfortunately no the compiled uasset files are kind of stripped down versions of raw uasset files, when the engine compile them it remove all the engine/editor related information from them so if you try to open them up again the engine won't recognize them, on the contrary if you try to open a raw uasset file the engine will quickly recognize it and you will see it in the editor but all game files are compiled, the only way to create raw files is to make your own project and create new files.

By FX you mean those special effects that are shown when the character fire projectiles or the animation that you mentioned in your first post?

Right ok thanks for the info.

By FX I mean any projectile or flames or streak with each punch or special move.
I'll grab the animations & add them to the character then try to recreate the FX e.g. fireball using what I can rip from the Pak files.
After I have an idea whats what I'll be able to make my own.

Thanks again.