Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"BrutalAce"

I was wondering you often work on 4k textures 
how do you do that ,Do you make them in photoshop or blender
I was kind of oblivious to how texturing works , I actually though that 4k hmm , you must have just stretched the image in photoshop ,lol
But then i read in one of your posts that 4k texturing is a lot of work
i am going through a few tutorials of texture painting in blender so i was wondering do you make the entire body texture yourself again in blender
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Yes most of the body textures you see in my mods are made by me from scratch, I start with Blender and then improve them in Photoshop, it's a lot of work because files get so big that they are slow to load, slow to save and slow to import in Unreal Engine, some PSD files even go over 500 MB so they are tough to work with.

As for other textures like outfit textures, yes I often enlarge them but enlarging an image means you loose quality in the process so I use Photoshop to improve lost details, technically you need to be experienced with Photoshop layers and several blending modes if you want to improve details that are otherwise difficult to work on.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"

how do you make clothes so perfectly deformed/aligned over the body
i can never get it that accurately either the cloth clips through the body or there is some space between the between the cloth and the body
Do you use regular editing instead of proportional editing
i can imagine that using the normal editing you can place the vertices exactly where you want but still you have to subdivide it and there is limit to the times that you can subdivide  
i recently heard about the shrinkwrap modifier from addysun but i am not able to use it as i thought 
do you use something similar to this
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

@"Ecchi Gamer"

It's all because of the practice, remember I told you to improve your proportional editing? I cannot stress enough on that, proportional editing is the key to make outfits look good on bodies. The more control you have on brush size the better proportional editing you're going to do.

I don't use manual editing to do that because it's not possible, imagine if an outfit has 10,000 vertices and you're trying to position them one by one, how much time and energy that will take? So you do everything with proportional editing.

Shrink wrap is a good/quick modifier to resize outfits according to bodies but also requires some proportional editing so the outfit is close to the location where you want it to stick "BUT" it's limited to simple outfits for example if it's a plain body suit that you want to stick on the body then shrink wrap is the way to go but if it's something complex like an outfit with belts, chains, collar etc then don't expect shrink wrap the provide great results. Also shrink wrap mess up the topology sometimes in order to force the mesh to stick to some location, this leads to bad rigging results. There are ways to fix topology after shrink wrap but for now I suggest you to stick to proportional editing because the type of swimsuits you usually make will only look good with proportional editing not shrink wrap.

@"Ecchi Gamer"
I use the shrink wrap modifier for straps, panties, and bra's mostly. Things that don't have a lot of detail or depth and i can get back to a reasonable shape. I also end up doing a lot of weight painting, weight painting transfers, and such. Much what @"BrutalAce" said, your best best is to learn how to use proportional exiting for anything complex. Best tip I can give you is that you can hide vertices,edges, and faces that you don't want to morph whilst editing.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 1 user Likes addysun's post

@"BrutalAce"

I don't know how i did it but some how some vertices are now pink colored in weight painting mode
i can't paint them anymore i don't know how this happened 
any idea what might caused this

@"Ecchi Gamer"

The pink vertices in Blender means the weights got corrupted. If you check the weight values of such vertices then you will either see negative values or some weird characters/symbols. The best way to fix this issue is to remove affected vertices from the vertex group and then repaint them. If you cannot select them in weight mode then select them in edit mode.

@"BrutalAce"

And another question
I ran into a similar issue in past too . for some reason my model is invisible in game
this has nothing to do with the textures ,i think ?
probably something to do with the normals for texturing 
i have been watching some tutorials on how to model a character and there i learned that when starting with new vertices i have to press ctrl+n to recalculate normals at least thats what i listened in the video

this model wasn't something i made myself i was using an xps hair model when i ran into this problem
so i thought may be it had to do something with the normals 
i recalculated the normals and some portions of the mesh were darker in object mode then the other and were also invisible in the game
recalculating normals fixed the areas the were previously in visible but made new areas that are now invisible
and it seems i can't recalculate normals of the mesh more then once

previously there weren't any dark areas on the mesh but there were still invisible ingame
now the are darker areas on the mesh which are invisible in game
do you know how can this be fixed

Just starting out, was wondering if there is a way to change intro animation to characters since I noticed critical art animation for the mysterious mod and they had also different win poses. Any help is appreciated.

@"Ecchi Gamer"

There can be two things, either your model has inverted normals and/or your model is not solidified (two sided). It's pretty easy to fix both of them, make sure your model is bright white from outside and dark from inside, if it's not then recalculate normals outside (Edit Mode > Mesh > Normals > Recalculate Outside).

For solidification, just use solidify modifier on your mesh or part of the costume that you want solidified then adjust the modifier settings as you like.

@"SupremeSage33"

Unfortunately we don't have enough information on animation modding, there were couple of modders who tried that like @"fatihG_" and some others but it's still a widely unexplored area. As for mysterious mod I believe they are swapping animations from several characters, I don't think they have designed new animations but I could be wrong.

Stage Sound mods seem to be mostly broken

I was wondering, is it just me or this patch with most charcter mods, in the general story they sometimes seem to be invisible for some frames and just suddenly appear in a blink during scenes??? @"robhal"
@anyone

@"sfsamly"
Honestly I don't know, as I very rarely play the general story mode these days.

@"robhal"

I guess i missed out on Fiona for Cammy so i don't have the files for it or rather i don't know what files are for it
do you have any idea or know someone who has the files 
i want to get those mesh files

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind i got the files from khalid

I'm working on a humble palette swap mod for Alex's nostalgia costume at the moment and I can't make the skins I need to because his hair doesn't support the RGB scale or something, however his vanilla outfit does.
His hair can only be de-saturated or saturated to be more or less blonde, so giving him brown or blue hair is not doable which is what I aim to accomplish with this mod.
I'm guessing that he is missing a material component to his hair texture. If someone can share insight on this I would appreciate it.