The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My first mod attempt crashes the game. What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I'm, trying to learn how to mod SFV. I'm following Uncle Festor and Hungry Caterpillar's tutorial videos. My first mod is simply removing Chun Li's bracelets, just something with an observable difference to see if I can get it to work. I also want to be able to edit textures/materials though I haven't changed them in this mod.

When I make the mod, the game crashes when I try to load it.

[Image: kiwi_zps8xe2k1lx.png]

I think it has something to do with the material files, because the cooked files are 500-700 bytes, not 4kb like the originals.  Viewing them in a hex editor, they don't have as many paths to other files as the originals.

I've outlined each step of my process below. I would appreciate it of someone could point out what I'm doing wrong.

Show ContentFailed modding process:
I've also tried renaming the materials with a _M suffix, then creating the instances, then removing the _inst suffix, not deleting the original materials. That way the textures display on the model after applying the instances to the each element. The _M files  are 459K and the materials files are still ~700 bytes. The game still crashes.

If I delete the Materials and Texture directory, the mod will load. But she has two skirts- A grey one and blue one that doesn't move.

Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
My first mod attempt crashes the game. What am I doing wrong? - by GCS-WT - 05-07-2019, 01:05 AM