The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] Import/Export scripts for Blender

Hi guys,

Here is little something that will be useful to modders. Couple of months ago @"addysun" gave me modified FBX import/export script for Blender 2.79, this script is not taken from Blender 2.74 like before as addysun was able to modify the latest script to work with FBX files or say prevent exporting of unnecessary "Armature" bone. I am not sure what benefit this script can give over the script taken from 2.74 but it's a more up to date script so it should be better.

https://mega.nz/#!35k31S5Z!6KrJn9XsmH1q3...LvQDJvXx-Y

To install it, go in your Blender 2.79 directory and extract it in your addons folder. Example directory is mentioned below.

I:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons

Make sure you backup your original io_scene_fbx folder.

In addition to this I managed to modify the same import/export script for Blender 2.8 as the script from 2.79 wasn't working in 2.8 so this is more like a future script when we will get stable version of Blender 2.8. Please note that Blender 2.8 is in beta stage so the script or Blender itself in general might not work as expected so I don't advice using it right now but for testing purpose I used it on few FBX files and then imported them in UE4 and they got imported fine without extra "Armature" bone so I think the script is fine.

https://mega.nz/#!7o83nKTb!N2bJfZTf_dJpv...u0g_vX8D-k

Installation procedure is same, just go in Blender 2.8 director and drop it in addons folder.

Hope this helps in modding and thanks @"addysun" for modifying 2.79 script.
[+] 5 users Like BrutalAce's post

Messages In This Thread
[Tutorial] Import/Export scripts for Blender - by BrutalAce - 02-15-2019, 11:43 AM