Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is it safe?

For online what mods are ok? I've been using mostly skin mods but is using mods like camera fix for cammy,mika and chunli plus mikas slap and split fix safe to use online?
Or should I just play offline with them?

I use the camera fix mod (but not the split fix mod as it's not quite like the original Beta2 pose) since day 1 the mod was released by FluffyQuack back in 2016 till now, and I also played several online matches long time ago (I say "long time ago" because these days I almost never play online matches, unless asked by friends), so far no problem and my account is still safe.

Imo the camera fix mods are just like the costume/stage mods, they are purely cosmetic and don't affect gameplay stuff, so they should be safe. But you may want to hear some second opinions from other members who play online matches a lot (for example: @"FvckBringeR", etc) before you decide.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(08-11-2019, 03:24 AM)robhal Wrote: I use the camera fix mod (but not the split fix mod as it's not quite like the original Beta2 pose) since day 1 the mod was released by FluffyQuack back in 2016 till now, and I also played several online matches long time ago (I say "long time ago" because these days I almost never play online matches, unless asked by friends), so far no problem and my account is still safe.

Imo the camera fix mods are just like the costume/stage mods, they are purely cosmetic and don't affect gameplay stuff, so they should be safe. But you may want to hear some second opinions from other members who play online matches a lot (for example: @"FvckBringeR", etc) before you decide.

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Then in that case i'll just use the camera fix, I literally bought sf5 a few days ago because it was on sale on steam and decided to take a chance and try it out, I don't play online much because i'm really bad, but the the offline modes like arcade and survival keep me coming back. And a friend recommend me to try with mods. No regrets!
[+] 1 user Likes Vexslan's post

@"Vexslan" if you don't go online, any mod you play with is fine/safe. Mods that are not safe online are the ones that change characters themselves - like using Shin Akuma instead of Akuma itself, or Master Ryu in normal Ryu's intead - and some stage mods that don't have K.O transitions in stage that have'em. Anything else, you're fine and welcome aboard.
-
Edit.: with this characters mods you even risk being banned for real 'cause it's downright cheating/hacking, with mods like the mysterious mod - great one btw - you'd only get disconnected, just like the stage with transitions.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

(08-11-2019, 05:19 AM)FvckBringeR Wrote: @"Vexslan" if you don't go online, any mod you play with is fine/safe. Mods that are not safe online are the ones that change characters themselves - like using Shin Akuma instead of Akuma itself, or Master Ryu in normal Ryu's intead - and some stage mods that don't have K.O transitions in stage that have'em. Anything else, you're fine and welcome aboard.
-
Edit.: with this characters mods you even risk being banned for real 'cause it's downright cheating/hacking, with mods like the mysterious mod - great one btw - you'd only get disconnected, just like the stage with transitions.

When you say character mods you mean like using a character mod like the Master ryu or Shin akuma, not something like a cosmetic outfit right?

@"Vexslan" Cosmetic stuff is fine. I'm sure @"FvckBringeR" meant using the fully modded Shin Akuma and Master Ryu. Those will get you either banned or disconnected.
[+] 2 users Like Ouji's post