Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average

Custom Skins/Models

@BrutalAce

Not sure if this has already been addressed since the release of AE, but I am having trouble with my game slowing down only when I use your School Laura mod.

I have a 7700k and a gtx 1080 and I use a lot of your mods, Tier Harribel and Juri Legacy Alt. being larger and not causing any issues. I play on 1440 and even dumbing my settings down to 1080p and low preset doesn't seem to fix the slowdown, for now I am using your Mileena MKD mod for Laura but your School Laura has been my favorite mod of yours and I'd like to keep using it.

0@"TroliusMaximus"

Use the Eyelens fix @"robhal" made. First post of the thread, EXTRA.
-
@"hemizap88"

I use more than 70 mods myself, including some demanding ones, play on 2160 without any problem nor lag. Might be something on the ini configurations. I always turn off dof, leave texturestreaming=false and 0 motionblur. If not these, well, I play without sfx, but I doubt any sound file is interfering with what you're having. Maybe something is up with the in game config? Like aa, res, light, shadow etc...
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

@"hemizap88"

Hi and welcome,

That's strange because I haven't got this complaint before, I don't think there is anything in Laura School Mod that should slow it down, there are some 4K textures but I use them in almost every mod, it also has APEX Physics but that's also used in Mileena mod so not sure whats causing the slow down in your case but after reading your post I also checked it on my laptop at 1440p, max settings except motion blur (which I disabled from config files) It is running fine on my end, here is the video.

My laptop has lower specs than yours, it has a GTX 1070 and 6820HK so if that's running it fine then your hardware shouldn't face any problem, I think it's not related to hardware. Maybe uninstalling the GPU drivers using DDU and doing a fresh install will fix the problem, not 100% certain but it does solve some weird issues.

(02-02-2018, 11:22 PM)FvckBringeR Wrote: @"allthewaythrough"

Mah tanned waifu!!!! Definitely look good, congrats, man.

BTW, as a matter of bragging, that Cammy Statue was the very first one I bought, lol.

It's definitely the hottest figurine I've ever seen. It does things to me. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes allthewaythrough's post

Harley Mika as Nadeshiko

Just a small character swap mod here.  It just makes sense, since I wasn't able to change Harley Mika's costume colors when I made her.  Now she doesn't have to take up a full costume slot for RMika.

DOWNLOAD (MM)
DOWNLOAD (PAK)
[+] 8 users Like KrizmKazm's post

I wonder if they would update this mod: Supreme Jiggle Physics

@FvckBringeR

Changing the ini settings didn't work. Funny enough the SFX is one of the ways I notice the lag. turning it off doesn't work though.

@BrutalAce

Weird thing about the slowdown is that the game itself slows down, even during the opposing character's intros when Laura isn't on the screen, simply choosing Laura in this costume causes the issue. I'm going to try updating my graphics drivers since I'm 1 release behind, and then doing a clean install of the game itself and have only School Laura installed to see if that works. My PMM is 2.2.9, I think that's current, not sure if there has been another release.

What ini settings did you try? The ones that can really impact on this, afak, are the game user settings and scalability and engine. In game user you get to change a lot of settings/configs. Including resolutions that goes further what the in game says.

I suggest you do what you're planning. Clean the steam cache, verify the files and/or clean install. That's some strange issue to have with a not so demanding mod.
-
@'allthewaythrough'

It'd do things to any young health man. I'd say any young straight health man, but I think even if you're not, you can't deny it's beauty. And really, 'till this day, it's one of the best statues if not the best I've seen yet.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]

hi guys, someone have this mod?

[Image: juric01battlehair_by_tanooki128-davucsi.jpg]

@FvckBringeR

Disabling DOF and motion blurs, I really don't think its anything in terms of effects anymore.

@BrutalAce

Regarding School Laura, I'm giving up, clean installs didn't help. I read that some people with general stuttering issues with high refresh rate monitors turned down to 60hz and it fixed it for them, but not in my case. Outside of a fresh Windows install not sure what else I might be able to try, for now I'll wait for your showstopper mod since I would have replaced School Laura with that one anyways.

(02-05-2018, 11:12 PM)hemizap88 Wrote: @BrutalAce

Weird thing about the slowdown is that the game itself slows down, even during the opposing character's intros when Laura isn't on the screen, simply choosing Laura in this costume causes the issue. I'm going to try updating my graphics drivers since I'm 1 release behind, and then doing a clean install of the game itself and have only School Laura installed to see if that works. My PMM is 2.2.9, I think that's current, not sure if there has been another release.

I don't really think that mod being heavier is the cause here, something else is wrong and I can't really figure it out because I can't reproduce the problem on my end, I think doing a clean GPU driver install can be one solution and like you said reinstalling the game can also fix few issues though you don't need to download the whole thing, just verify the integrity of game cache to download the affected/wrong files again. Also not sure if this can fix the issue but I remember encountering a similar problem long time ago when all of my games were running fine except Call of Duty, it always ran with crawling FPS no matter what settings I tried and the solution was really strange but it worked, I just had to remove my GPU and seat it back again firmly and it worked, no driver or game re-installation was required, hope something works for you.

EDIT:

I am sorry to hear that it's not fixing the issue, try reseating the graphic card as last resort and see if it works, also have you tried DDU to do a fresh GPU driver install ?

@BrutalAce

Just came back from reseating the card, after reading that suggestion I though it was so simple it had to work. Sadly, it didn't.

When I updated my drivers I did use DDU, thanks for the suggestions.

@FvckBringeR

Thanks for sending me suggestions as well.

@BrutalAce
@FvckBringeR

POWER SAVING MODE!!!!

Since Ace suggested reseating the GPU I figured I should check my system info if I have all 16gb of RAM available to me, I felt even more defeated when I saw I did have all RAM available, then I just randomly checked power settings and saw that I was set to power saver, turned that to High performance and I got my Laura back!
[+] 2 users Like hemizap88's post

@"hemizap88"

I swear this crossed my mind but I didn't suggested it thinking that you have a PC with high end hardware, you will never be on power saving mode but I am glad you managed to solve it. Also happy to know that I have a mod that push PCs to their limits, that's the gold standard of PC modding Wink

Hope you enjoy the mod now.
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post

It happens to me with Captain Mika. Its the only one that does it. Sad

(02-07-2018, 12:11 PM)Krucious Wrote: It happens to me with Captain Mika. Its the only one that does it. Sad

Think it might be a hardware issue like me? Have you tried reseating the GPU and making sure no power saving is enabled either in Windows or the Nvidia Control Panel