Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

SFV - General And Technical Discussion Thread

@"robhal"

Lol, now you see why it takes me so long to write and it's taking me even longer with Andromeda - that I already forgot half of it and may need to play again - and that's not even taking in count this health of mine, uh? Like I said, grab some snacks and w/e you like to drink before even attempting to read that stuff, but thank you nonetheless, I appreciate the consideration and the reminder.

Also, if you guys play in Ring of Power, you'll see the E-league icon instead of capcom now, being the finals tomorrow/today, I don't know if the others cpt stages are like that too 'cause I've modded them. Besides, I don't remember which day I logged in at this week, but there it was another chance to fight Cammy and win a ticket for half the price at Menat's Shop, I don't know if it's going to be a thing from now on or if they simply decided to give it as bonus after seen how the fandom reacted to the loot boxes system, anyways, if you still don't have the costume nor the extra colors, might be a good idea to check extra battles in mid-week, too. Let's hope I can remember that, lol.
-
Edit.: forgot to say that those issues I was having with the corridor stages are both gone, as I thought, it was something clashing with the priorities of the bgm edits I've done for most of the stages, nothing to worry about now. Thanks for checking either way, man.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

@"FvckBringeR"

was a good read, agree with the points made. I laughed at the go from Brazil to England by motorbike part, didn't realize that when I played the story Tongue

@all

so there was another free Menat reading this week, so decided to use and received the Cammy costume again... Guess I should have waited and saved 27,000 fm.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"

Thank you for reading, bro. Did you found yourself as a maso, too, lol? Yea, I did try to raise if not all, most of the issues the game has and should be able to solve or never be in it in the first place, so instead of making a brief read, I opted for a long, though light one. If not for that, I'd have mentioned the big ass chess piece that Cammy pull out of her behind - her costume doesn't have pockets so, you know from where did she pull it - and such tiny things to use as a joke, but by the end I already saw how long it was and tried to condense w/e I could where ever I could. Again, thanks for reading, man. Will find you some nice present in the near future, ^^;

And such a sad fate, two costumes? It really is a damn random roulette with no parameters whatsoever. I only got shitty old arts, items for survival that won't ever need or colors from characters that I won't ever touch again. After getting the costume, my most lucky find was the extra Sakura color - that I still play around, but hell, you're even more unlucky than me, I thought that to be impossible, lol.

@"FvckBringeR"

I guess I was in the beginning, but just ended up giving up on hard survival. always dying at the very end because they decide to give me low health regen 5 times in a row... looking forward to it Smile

well after getting the costume, I didn't use any of the tickets I gained, I will just save them when the change the costume prize. The free reading that gave me the costume gave me a free ticket, so hopefully that free ticket will get me the next costume so the 27000 wouldn't have been a waste.

@"bbb"

Since you changed your avatar, I'll give you a Ciri - better one - instead of Yen's as a gift, then.
Show ContentSpoiler:
-
Yea, survival was boring and only for extreme hardcore or masos. It always used to happen to me from 70th to 90th fights in hell mode, anytime I reached this battles, I was ready to lose my shit 'cause I knew I'd have to hold my own with the least amount of recuperative 'help', though at the first 20 they'd always send the complete one. Motherfvckers.

BTW, I'm trying this new survival and for some reason, instead of spending 1k to retry from where you lost, it's 800, just a lil' bit, but since to win 200 we have to do a lot of grind, it's better than nothing, lol. Also, you can earn 5 tickets easily by beating some of the survival scores. Doing now and the easy mode you can finished all the scores in about 10min, being the last one the hardest since it's only 10 battles, but if you finish most of them within 80 sec with the most perfects you can get, it'd doable without any cheat.

@"FvckBringeR"

Still have the Ciri avatar on deviant art Tongue Thanks for the gift Smile

Here are some Ciris in return Tongue

Show ContentSpoiler:

I saw that you can get free tickets from survival, but I just have no motivation to play that mode anymore
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"bbb"

Hahaha, have seen most of them already, despite being best all in Witcher, haven't see a Ciri cosplayer that could top the Trisses you always find, and for health safeties, I won't ask where nor how you find'em, lol.
-
It's not free at all, bro. To win those tickets you mush break the record the survival wants you to, and each mode "offers" five tickets, so if you manage to break all five records in one single try, all good, but you can't make more than five for that mode, so you have to move to other difficulty, but it's not "win free tickets" like it's advertised, you might spend a lot of FM trying to get this free if you lose and want to keep going from that point, or spend a lot of time and patience if you lose and want to restart again in order to not spend FM - like I said in my review, it's a scam, much more so 'cause now you won't be rewarded any FM by completing survival anymore, so the most FM you stand to gain, along with the tickets if you managed to have more points than what was set - is the amount your char. level up by doing so.

Simply not worth it, I did it all to see if was, it's not. Unless you're using the light that protects pc players FM that @"MiChOcO" talked about some months ago that I always forget to use. With that, it might be worth it, but still, the time alone makes you want to kys at least 27x before finishing the normal mode, so, don't bother with it, I already for our sakes, lol.

BTW, are you sure those tickets will carry onto the next month? In arcade, every record you set is erased and you only know what you already did by means of checking the gallery out, that also gets erased with the exception of the special arts, like finishing all bonus difficulties or getting a special ending by meeting the requirements for it, otherwise, everything blank state again - which I say in the review, it's just feels not worth and have no incentive at all to play it.

@"FvckBringeR"

Those Ciri I showed you is the same cosplayer as the Triss I've posted. She did yennefer too, but it seems her Triss alternate turned out the best. Well, for your health, I wont tell you Tongue

I know you have to earn them, but its free that it is not required to use fm to get them. I am assuming they will. the tickets are sort of like another currency. when buying a menat reading, you have the option to spend fm or tickets. If they don't transfer over then its not really a big deal. The only thing worth getting is the costume. The art is not necessary, survival items I will never use, The colours wont even work if its for a costume that was modded unless the colour file was updated after the cody patch, which even if it was, not necessary since we can make whatever colour we want.

@All:
It seems that on each week's Wednesday there is chance to get free single reading on Menat's Fighting Chance shop menu and also chance to get one reading ticket in Extra Battle by fighting someone (atm, it's still Cammy in her Cannon Spike costume), and today is Wednesday so don't forget to check them out if you like to earn some free stuff.

And speaking about Extra Battle, the second piece for Laura's Gloria costume is still up to get until this Friday, so for anyone who want that costume (especially @"BrutalAce" who is a huge fan of Laura), please don't forget to do so. I will ofc remind everyone in here to do the missions and Extra Battle on every week.

@"FvckBringeR"
@"bbb"
Imo about the FIghting Chance system and the ticket, for me they are not scam as they clearly don't involve real money. The Fighting Chance requires either FM (which we can earn by doing something in the game, like the weekly missions, etc) or ticket (which we can earn by doing something too like playing the survival mode). Imo the ticket alone is already the incentive for us to play the survival mode, not to mention we also can get color 3-10 if we use costume that doesn't have them by default (like the story costume and the costume we get from Extra Battle). And also each time we get a new DLC ccharacter (such as Cody atm, if we have him/her ofc from purchasing with real money or FM which again we can earn them back later), we can get him/her to play on survival mode to earn some big one time EXP so he/she can level up thus also earn us some nice chunks of FM too. And with recent improvement for Survival mode such as we can fight all base game + DLC characters as opponent, imo it's already enjoyable (for me atleast) although the length (especially the hard and extreme difficulty which make us must fight 50 and 100 opponents) is still suck but atleast now we can continue on defeated or save our progress.

Then about the FM system is scam or not, imo it's not because once again they don't involve real money, and Capcom did deliver their promise that we can get free DLC character by just playing the game and it's true indeed as long as we want to do so (I actually bought all six S1 chars with FM, before later I decided to buy the season pass because I thought to save the FM for something else instead (like buying stages or story costume) since I don't play online matches therefor my source for getting FM is only from those one-time FM sources (eg. all single players contents) and the weekly missions (which I almost never miss to do them so far, except one or two times when I went out of town)).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"bbb"

She's onehelluva damn good cosplayer, to manage to be so different with each character, I seriously thought it was someone else. And yea, don't do it, my health isn't what it used to be anymore, right now that the world is pure shameless, too. I'm really unlucky, lol.
-
@"robhal"

It's like you said, play who wants, so it's not a literally scam. Most of our complaints is because everything rewards too little FM and costs too much FM. I won't enter in details, but there's a long story behind those, and I can't manage to write another analysis that'd be even longer than the last one. In short, these extra battles and loot boxes come in order to "satiate" the asian - mostly japanese - audience for gambling. In Japan, excluding the famous pachinko, any other kind of gamble is prohibited and that's why Esports still not developed like NA or Eu. That said, they can fake bet, meaning, they don't lose anything but their time, anything else is "kinda" illegal. That was really easy to see and understand in a tourney Redbull made there, with a crazy format that gave the entrants fake coins to bet in their own or other fights results - by the end of 2h the ones with the most coins remaining would advance, with some special "boss fight" that gave you double the coins you put on the line if you won - the bosses were the players chosen to act so, Xiao Hai, Daigo, Tokido, Kazunoko etc. Too make it short, in less those 2h most people were penniless, including Itazan, Storm Kubo and others very good and well known japanese players. The Redbull Tower, I think, was a huge success both between audience and players alike due to it's gamble like format - so you can see how they love to bet and gamble.

Now, bring all of these to SFV that NEEDED something new, that's what we get. Gamble like fights against your own skill, I've seen streams where people lost almost 100k trying to beat Gief, Akuma and Ryu's extras. Infiltration had to try more than a few times to beat Akuma on stream - without cheating, a casual'd spend a chunk of FM, but like you said, it's their choice, so no problems, if weren't for the fact that you pay 100k FM for one char with only one costume, 40k for the in game built story costume, more than 50k for 5 colors, now, 10k for a costume - that's fair - but 500 for a chance? Our man @"bbb" just spent 27k for this chance, I myself spent almost 20k and it's not really a brand new costume, it's the default with some toys, the only thing that changes are some win quotes.

The scam part is, waste this huge amount of FM in trying these new modes, have nothing else to buy the things you really need, characters or for those that bother, costumes and colors, and those are not like the fight chance or extra battle, purchasable only with FM, that's the scam part - you take advantage of people weakness, tell it's free or very cheap - and get away saying it's their choice after all, which is, definitely. I didn't even try the last few soldiers, Necalli or Ryu extra battles, only the ones that clearly give you a set amount of FM that even trying twice wouldn't leave me to dry without it - yes, I bought most things with FM and now I won't have enough to buy G and Sagat and that's 'cause I only bought Sakura's things - had to spend money on cpt and battle costume - and Blanka-chan, bought only Cody and have nothing else, only the colors that finishing that masochistic survival unlocks.

For a game that says, you can buy everything with only FM, what's this that I'm facing? Like I said, only have all for the chars I play, but those are only five now with Falke and had to spend real money in order to get most of their free things. That's a scam, my man, but you're right, it's our choice to fall for it.
-
I think all Wednesdays will be for tickets and Fridays will be for the extra battles.
-
BTW, I'm having some strange issue when an online battle finishes at the end of the first round - and I know it's a not a rage quite since sometimes it ends when I'm losing too - and with LP, I lost my last ranked and didn't lose any LP, I won some earlier and didn't win either.

What crap is this, I hope it's happening only with me 'cause that shit is perverse.
[+] 2 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"FvckBringeR"

Yeah, she is the best cosplayer IMO

@"robhal"

pretty much what @"FvckBringeR" said. They are adding all these fm dumps while reducing the fm money we receive so we wont be able to afford characters later.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"

I told you not to tell me, but I admit the curiousness is killing me to know her name, lol. Damn she's good, and I don't mean only she looks good/only have good looks to pull it out, I mean, she IS a really good cosplay. Seen my share and could say almost immediately it is the same as the other one etc, but with her, like I said and you witnessed, she's not only beautiful, but manages to pull different characters and look different while being the same person. That's almost the kinda magic Yen uses, lol.

Is she a pro cos, or just do it for the passion as a hobby, or both?

Well I guess shes a pro, she goes to all the conventions with her own booth to sell prints and stuff.

Well if the curiosity is killing you, then it sounds like you die if you know, and die if you don't. Tongue

well if you really need to know, for your safety, ill make it difficult. I've hidden and separated every character in her instagram link under 37 layers of spoilers. If you want to go through that hassle of copying and pasting one character at a time, you do so at your own risk Tongue

Show ContentSpoiler:
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"robhal"

Thank you bro for always reminding me to pick Gloria costume part, I am keeping a sticky note on my system too so I don't forget it, so far I am horrible is getting these costumes but don't wanna miss this one Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"bbb"

In respect of how long I presume it took you to do this, I won't mention that if I really wanted to I could just google triss cosplay and hers would be among the top10 image results, thank you nevertheless. And since it took the time, I'll ask straight away, did you find the easter egg she put in her last Ciri Cyberpunk arts, lol?

Speaking of Ciri arts, no matter how much I've seen, I'm still in love with this one the most:

[Image: Witcher47.jpg]

Unfortunately, don't know who did and I'm lazy as hell to look since this one isn't as easy as our favorite russian girl.