Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] Hiding some costume parts (by using Capcom's hider material file)

Thanks a lot, guys! It worked now!
[+] 2 users Like TigerCannon's post

Thanks to @"Leonaura" as with little more works (and some guessing) we also can use this guide to make some costumes (not all though) become their "easter-egg" version by default. Please read the post below for more details
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...7#pid21137
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(01-28-2020, 04:19 PM)robhal Wrote: Thanks to @"Leonaura" as with little more works (and some guessing) we also can use this guide to make some costumes (not all though) become their "easter-egg" version by default. Please read the post below for more details

Does this also work on Urien's C1? I tried to hide his CM_URN_01_METAL parts (which is his suit), but that erases his lower body entirely, except for his shoes and belt. I tried changing the inner filename of DA_URN_MaterialPreset_01 to DA_URN_MaterialPreset_X1 from the DataAsset folder, but that didn't do anything.

(02-14-2020, 01:10 PM)TigerCannon Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 04:19 PM)robhal Wrote: Thanks to @"Leonaura" as with little more works (and some guessing) we also can use this guide to make some costumes (not all though) become their "easter-egg" version by default. Please read the post below for more details

Does this also work on Urien's C1? I tried to hide his CM_URN_01_METAL parts (which is his suit), but that erases his lower body entirely, except for his shoes and belt. I tried changing the inner filename of DA_URN_MaterialPreset_01 to DA_URN_MaterialPreset_X1 from the DataAsset folder, but that didn't do anything.

With Urien, besides that, you have to edit the main file in the mesh folder (URN_01), and change the invisible material name (CMI_CMN_Invisible_Inst) to CM_URN_01_MetaSkin in two lines (000002D0 and 00000C70). It's like assign the invisible skin (easter egg version) to his default skin.

And, of course, you have to hide too the CM_URN_01_Leadher (shoes and belt).
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

(02-14-2020, 01:49 PM)Leonaura Wrote: With Urien, besides that, you have to edit the main file in the mesh folder (URN_01), and change the invisible material name (CMI_CMN_Invisible_Inst) to CM_URN_01_MetaSkin in two lines (000002D0 and 00000C70). It's like assign the invisible skin (easter egg version) to his default skin.

And, of course, you have to hide too the CM_URN_01_Leadher (shoes and belt).

Got it. Thanks a lot!

Big update, thanks to @bbb and his discovery, now we can modify the easter-egg code by simply hex-editing the material preset file. See the guide in here.
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post