Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

(02-20-2021, 10:40 AM)THEJAMK Wrote: Thanx, I almost got a good animation, I keep adjusting things. For the broken animation problem after V. Trigger 2 the most I could do is rename all the sleeve bones. just remove the bp before each name so as not to scramble me so much. so the animation remains normal. the sleeves don't roll up but don't lose their animation either.

Happy to help!!  

That's actually a really good idea on the sleeve bone renaming part.  I'll definitely do some updates on some of my older mods.  Thanks!
[+] 2 users Like Remy2FANG's post

Question 
I sure hope one can help me with this...

On my PC is a well-rigged Gouken model, altered to work with SFV. Once it's in Unreal Engine, I don't know what to do next. I followed a tutorial video that covered rigging it in Blender and porting it to Unreal Engine. As soon as I was ready for converting, the video ended. How do I format all the files to delay SFV crashing again? Every time I test the Gouken mod, something always crews up. Sometimes, the original E-Honda model appears, sometimes the game freezes and there are also cases in which there's no model at all. What on Heaven and Earth am I missing?

Could someone help me out with an issue I've been having?

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=1838

Question 
Hello
I'm new to sfv modding so sorry if this is a newbie question. I had tried to swap @"Segadordelinks"'s Cammy USFIV Style to C8 (Nostalgia). It works in-game but it still shows the original costume on the character select screen. Is there any solution for this?
[Image: VdpkHv7.jpg][Image: HRpMLNB.png]
[+] 1 user Likes FlashDBC's post

@"FlashDBC"
That's because Cammy C1 doesn't have the DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_01" file in the DataAsset folder, while the C8 does have that file ("DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_08"). So the solution is before you do the swap, try copying the similar file from other slot (I usually use the "DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_02" from C2) to your Cammy USF4 mod DataAsset folder first, rename it to "DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_01" then hex-edit it to change all "02" values to become "01" and save the file. Now you can make the swap.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"
It worked, thank you!
[+] 2 users Like FlashDBC's post

(03-24-2021, 04:24 AM)robhal Wrote: @"FlashDBC"
That's because Cammy C1 doesn't have the DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_01" file in the DataAsset folder, while the C8 does have that file ("DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_08"). So the solution is before you do the swap, try copying the similar file from other slot (I usually use the "DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_02" from C2) to your Cammy USF4 mod DataAsset folder first, rename it to "DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_01" then hex-edit it to change all "02" values to become "01" and save the file. Now you can make the swap.

i like your answer Smile short and explained on point

Interesting i can use the File from costume 02 for Costume 01

Givit no other Way to get the full Data von Cammy 01 Skinn / Costume ?

Hi,

Sorry i'm still pretty new to the forum and probably have missed it, but does someone know or can point to a thread of what's the purpose of the lowres cloth geo like skirt found in some of the assets like Sakura C1 or Rose C2 costumes ? Is that some sort of collision geo I can use to collide with the apex cloth somehow?  Thanks!

[Image: skirt-lowres-sakura-c01.jpg][Image: skirt-lowres-rose-c02.jpg]

Video 
(04-29-2021, 09:32 AM)r4inm4ker Wrote: Hi,

Sorry i'm still pretty new to the forum and probably have missed it, but does someone know or can point to a thread of what's the purpose of the lowres cloth geo like skirt found in some of the assets like Sakura C1 or Rose C2 costumes ? Is that some sort of collision geo I can use to collide with the apex cloth somehow?  Thanks!

[Image: skirt-lowres-sakura-c01.jpg][Image: skirt-lowres-rose-c02.jpg]

It's a drive Mesh "simple mesh" used to simulate a complicated version of the clothes.
https://imgur.com/V874O3K
Link for the Doc
https://gameworksdocs.nvidia.com/APEX/1....e_Doc.html
[+] 1 user Likes Chem-pro's post

@"Chem-pro" Thanks for the pointer ! I have suspected such as well but couldn't think of a way to bind the sim mesh to the hires cloth mesh. Turned out Apex cloth has such function built internally ! I've tried it out seems to work well. Could've save me a lot of time on my Emilia mod trying to get the self collision work properly to no avail...
gumroad   ko-fi    youtube

Not sure if this problem has been presented before, but I am having trouble getting my mod (more like a mod of a mod) to work in the game. My first problem was the mod wouldn't show up in the game at all, and the second problem is that the game would hard-lock when trying to load the character with my mod. I made the mod in Autodesk 3DS Max made from two models: Sagat's mod and his feet from his Battle Skin, in which I attached/linked them together into one. The model works fine in Unreal Engine, model responsive with bones, and I've placed all the material and texture files to its respective folders. and it cooks and packs just fine. But I feel like I'm missing something, or that I need to correctly tweak the packaging settings. Any possible solutions? I could offer the model file exported from 3DS Max if I need to.

[Image: deiwvio-20490288-d125-4903-a875-b9510cc0...jTIZxJ4uIM][Image: deiwvil-997c44a5-62cd-4c91-bfe7-64e40d1e...UmLD8NTk3c][Image: deiwvif-847fea0a-8615-4443-accd-cb04c62c...gEcpNlG7_U]

@"MARtroopa"

The most common mistake people make with unreal is that they are grabbing the uncooked file. Are you grabbing your mesh file from Unreal Projects\StreetFighterV\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara ?

(05-03-2021, 03:03 PM)BBB Wrote: @"MARtroopa"

The most common mistake people make with unreal is that they are grabbing the uncooked file. Are you grabbing your mesh file from Unreal Projects\StreetFighterV\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara ?

You know what, I believe so. I did put those files from there onto the "Chara" location of the game.

@"MARtroopa"

it's just a lot of people mistakenly grab from Unreal Projects\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara instead which causes the game to crash.

anyways, you only need to take the mesh file from unreal, unless you created custom physics or textures, then you must grab those ones as well. The materials were created in unreal just to have the references built into the model. You will use the games original materials instead.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(05-03-2021, 03:03 PM)BBB Wrote: @"MARtroopa"

Like grabbing just the mesh file in Mesh folder, or using all of the SkelMesh folder? Cause I'm using all the SkelMesh folder (from Projects\StreetFighterV\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z31) and putting it in its respective folder (Z31 folder in Chara for Sagat.)