Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

@"sleepy_scrub"

Not exactly sure. either an error or they decided later they just wanted 1 colour. i know the tracksuits have colours in the customize setting that don't work. other then the 3 basic colours of the suit, all the other colours are from the materials despite having them listed in customize setting. They look like the costumes were copied from c1 and modified as if were a mod.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

What's the state of custom animations and camera movement (not Cheat Engine)?
I know animations can be made, though it is apparently very bothersome. Some spiced up intros and outros would be nice.

I am trying to make my own custom easter egg code on a costume that doesn't normally have one (battle) but it doesn't seem to be working. I copied all the data asset files (excluding the 2 colour related ones) from a costume that has an easter egg code (cammy halloween) and renamed the materials in the material preset file to the materials I want toggled in my mod

basically turning this

[Image: Kzf9ZlF.jpg]

into this

[Image: jjNcFQo.jpg]

but the code isn't working. any ideas why?

(09-07-2020, 09:10 AM)bbb Wrote: I am trying to make my own custom easter egg code on a costume that doesn't normally have one (battle) but it doesn't seem to be working. I copied all the data asset files (excluding the 2 colour related ones) from a costume that has an easter egg code (cammy halloween) and renamed the materials in the material preset file to the materials I want toggled in my mod

but the code isn't working. any ideas why?

I don't know if you solved this, but I reply just in case. This is what I did:

1.- Copy the MaterialPreset file and the Costume_XX file. Renamed them properly and move them to Laura's folder. You don't need the others.
2.- Edit the MaterialPreset file to change the names of the materials.
3.- Copy the material that you're replacing in the MaterialPreset file to Laura's folder (for example, CM_CMY_05_E20_HeadVeil in Cammy's case) and edit it properly to match with Laura's texture. In this case, take CM_CMY_05_E20_HeadVeil and rename it to CM_LAR_03_E05_Dougi.

4.- [I think this is the important step] Change the material's order in Blender to match with the original character (Cammy, in this case). In this case, leave the Dougi in HeadVeil's place.
5.- Export it to UE.
6.- Import it to the game.

[Image: 5HhyRCY.jpg]

Maybe one of these steps is not necessary, but this is what works for me.
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

@"Leonaura"

Thanks, got it to work Smile

copying over the materials wasn't necessary, it was the material order that was important as you said. though one issue is that the colours became broken when I changed the order, but was able to fix that by editing the colour file to tell it its new order.
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"
@"Leonaura"
Nice, so now it's possible to use the easter egg code for C1/C2/C3. Great job to you guys both Smile

Btw, can that new modding technique be used to reverse the easter egg code costume appearance to become default appearance instead (for example: I want the R.Mika C6-Professional to start with bare hand and shows the pom-pom when we use the code)? If you guys need some real example, check out this mod by @"TiggieWhite"
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...0#pid17170
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal"

So far I have only tested it with a code that removes stuff, not toggle different parts (will give that a try soon), but I think the same thing would apply. the issue being with that particular costume is APEX. need to edit the model to reverse the order of the materials, so skirt physics would break in the process. though i think there would be a way to do it by hex editing the material preset to choose a different material order, but I wasn't able to figure it out (instead I was able to figure it out in the color customize setting file to fix the colours)

@"bbb"
Ah yes, I forgot that costume has APEX physics. If only we can extract the APEX info from any costume and then re-use/re-compile it again to our mods, so many things will work great but alas the APEX is usually the limitation.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

though if you don't care for the pom poms, and just want want the code version constant, that should be possible.

@"bbb"
Honestly I don't care about the pom-pom itself but if possible I like to see it intact when we use the costume code (that's why I want to see the reversed version instead). If you can make the mod that can hide the pom-pom permanently (and with the APEX skirt still intact), then I will like it as well because quite awhile ago I tried to use the hider material file to hide the pom-pom and it did work but it also had issue where Mika's fists are always clenched.

@"robhal"

you would have to hide the clenched fist material using your hider material as well. then fuck up the material preset file by hex renaming the materials inside it to something that doesn't exist, so the non pom pom parts (open hands) will show up. (or swapping data asset files from non easter egg code costumes could work too)

@"bbb"
I see, honestly I even didn't had any thought that particular Mika costume has two type of hands. Okay then, I will try again later. Thanks bro for the info, and good luck for your ongoing mod projects Smile

(09-08-2020, 02:30 AM)robhal Wrote: @"bbb"
@"Leonaura"
Nice, so now it's possible to use the easter egg code for C1/C2/C3. Great job to you guys both Smile

Btw, can that new modding technique be used to reverse the easter egg code costume appearance to become default appearance instead (for example: I want the R.Mika C6-Professional to start with bare hand and shows the pom-pom when we use the code)? If you guys need some real example, check out this mod by @"TiggieWhite"
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...0#pid17170

This is possible but, with Mika's Professional 1, you need additional steps. I'll explain some details later:

1.- Change the order in Blender.

Mika's Pom Pom uses four materials (CM_Z0B_06_PomPom0X, 1 to 4) and eight differents colours.
She has two type of hands (closed and open). She shows the closed when she's holding the pom-pom, and the other hands when she's without them.

The problem here? Those hands share the material (CM_Z0B_06_Skin) so you can't hide that hands using the hider material, but those hands don't share the same slot, so you can move the CM_Z0B_06_Skin.001 (the first one is the body) to the first pom-pom (CM_Z0B_06_PomPom01).

Another problem here... The pom-pom is subdivided in different areas (for the colours), so you need to put those pom-pom down on the list to replacing the hands, but joining the four materials in one. This will break the pom-pom colours (because the skin only has one colour assigned).

2.- Once you go through UE4 and all of that, you need to edit some other files.

Edit the DA_Z0B_PreviewCostume_06, replacing this:

/Game/Chara/RMK/SkelMesh/06/DataAsset/DA_Z0B_MaterialPreset_Preview_06

with this:

/Game/Chara/RMK/SkelMesh/06/DataAsset/DA_Z0B_MaterialPreset_Preview_X6 (or any other name)

and, of course, do the same with the other MaterialPreset_Preview line below.

You have to do the same with the MaterialPreset_Preview file.

This is important because, when you edit the mod, the Preview will show the pom-pom in the selection screen (full size, I don't know why).

3.- With the ColorEdit tool (I like to use it) you have to edit pompom0 and pompom1 (one of this two) to change the colour to match with the skin.

Left: easter egg version.
Right: default version.

Just in case you want to test it: https://mega.nz/file/SwkXFJjC#OWDf6jX2Oe...zNa0DDzlgI

[Image: FsACY7F.jpg]

Ok, so, let's go with the APEX physics.

Mika's skirt uses advanced physics, like most of the skirts in this game. When you import the models in Blender, the weights (or Vertex Groups - usually in a separate slot) will become part of the nearest body part (in most cases, b_C_Pelvis). For example, with Sakura, this is what happens:

[Image: ZsbYbJD.png]

But with Mika is different, because the weights are assigned to the legs.

[Image: yPNYZtM.png][Image: kijRbjr.png]

And this is important. The skirt won't move fluently, but, at least, will move with the body (the same thing happens with Cammy's Resident Evil skirt and with Kolin's default costume):

[Image: UQCYOk7.gif]

But this will bring another problem. As you can see in the preview, the skirt has different layers. You have to delete some of them in Blender to avoid that gray and clipped parts in the model.

I did this here: https://www.deviantart.com/dantesdt/art/...-820630804

With Mika's pom-pom it's a little tedious (due to pom-pom colours), but it's perfectly doable with other characters and parts.

Sorry for the long post Blush
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

@"leonaura"
@"robhal"

Didn't realize both hands shared the same material. Since they are listed as different slots, maybe it's possible to hex edit a new name in the mesh file for closed hand slot and robhal can make a material to hide that?

(09-08-2020, 12:39 PM)bbb Wrote: @"leonaura"
@"robhal"

Didn't realize both hands shared the same material. Since they are listed as different slots, maybe it's possible to hex edit a new name in the mesh file for closed hand slot and robhal can make a material to hide that?

This is an exception. Usually, the easter egg skins have their own material (Detached Skin or Skin2, something like that).

But I don't think that is doable with hex edit the mesh. Although they occupy different slots (in order to make that part visible or invisible, and all of that), they are still part of the same material, and that's how UE4 and HxD read it.

Maybe you can find something on the mesh file or in the material file (CM_Z0B_06_Skin) to edit that without actually separate them on Blender. I don't understand enough of HxD or UE4 encoding to be able to dive between those codes. The information may be so compressed that it is impossible to ''read''.
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post